When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is how it's likely going to be 

On 13/12/2019 at 20:15, NotThePars said:

This is how I see it playing out:

SNP: "Well I'd like to see Boris Johnson ignore THIS mandate"

*Boris completely ignores or denies the mandate*

SNP: "Ah, well, nevertheless."

6 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Happily it's none of folk who don't live here's business.

Dafty.  "You don't live here so your view doesn't count" is what I'd expect from the cultist horde.

Edited by The_Kincardine

This Rule Britannia type bigot ranting about how nothing the Scottish voters do in the present day can give a mandate for an Indyref, because of a vote that happened 6 years ago, despite the fact that he doesnt even live here is peak Yoon tbh.

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The phrase was, "Once in a generation" rather than "lifetime" since, as we know, the two are not coterminous.

I hope that Boris and Co continue to uphold Scotland's democratic choice irrespective of the outcome of next year's Holyrood election.

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

In choosing the bloated number of, mostly unaccountable, party hacks?  Absolutely.

As a device for ignoring the will of the voters of Scotland as expressed in 2014?  You're having a laugh.

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Dafty.  "You don't live here so your view doesn't count" is what I'd expect from the cultist horde.

All fascinating stuff I'm sure. 

Thankfully the opinions of alcoholic ***s without a vote couldn't be less relevant and can be safely filed in the bin. 

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

FWIW when Limmy used the same 'don't live here none of your business' chat on Wings it was equally funny as f**k. I'm an equal opportunities troll in this area.

Was that bigot brother Limmy or comedian Limmy?

Just now, MixuFixit said:

oh comedian Limmy, is that other one not still in jail?

I've no idea, just comedian Limmy doesn't tend to get involved in politics except from his Thatcher stuff so surprised to see him roast Wings.

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Those bloody CULTISTS haven’t been blessed with the light of the one true flag nor the glory of servitude to the imperial state nor the worshipful presence of the divinely appointed monarch! If only they would spare five minutes to listen to the TRUTH.

15D89407-EF61-4C95-9692-AE878D481A22.jpeg

Edited by Antlion

I never ever ever thought id say this, but if they refused indy ref 2 then if there is a pro indy majority in SP they resign en masse and force a new election on a udi mandate. The tories are not concerned with democracy in the slightest, they have no honour, no integrity and brazenly flaunt it.
Unfortunately Sturgeon doesn't have the balls to do it and certainly won't after gaining another 4 years.

Unfortunately Sturgeon doesn't have the balls to do it and certainly won't after gaining another 4 years.

Given she’s a lady im biologically inclined to agree. I think if it did happen however she may see significant pressure from within her party that would probably move it forward and i dont just mean from the lunatic fringes who would declare udi today based on 2015 like Angus Macneil et al. Theres no legitimacy in that, however there absolutely is in a scottish parliament election on the issue if theres a future rejection, especially if it produces a 50%+ vote share for indy parties and a significant indy majority.

Wonder what the Likes of the auld alchy will do once Scotland inevitably votes for independence. Out of date, right wing, 1690 beliefs squeezed between the sides. Won't have a home in the counties full of racist brexiters and certainly won't have a home with the more enlightened and clearly more intelligent populace north of the border. Unlucky Billy.

Given she’s a lady im biologically inclined to agree. I think if it did happen however she may see significant pressure from within her party that would probably move it forward and i dont just mean from the lunatic fringes who would declare udi today based on 2015 like Angus Macneil et al. Theres no legitimacy in that, however there absolutely is in a scottish parliament election on the issue if theres a future rejection, especially if it produces a 50%+ vote share for indy parties and a significant indy majority.
I want independence by the ballot box but if that chance is denied after a thumping majority and the SNP just shrug their shoulders they won't be getting my vote again. There will be hundreds of thousands thinking he exact same thing. I hope the party realise this. These votes will disappear if they don't play it right.

The Scottish Government is nowhere near as radical as I would like it to be and the SNP has taken a very cautious approach under Sturgeon.

Nonetheless I still support her and realise the difficult political tightrope she is walking on forcing IndyRef2.

My concern is that if we win big next year and she doesn’t have a strategy to try and force another Referendum both she and the party will lose support.

That will be bad in so many ways and we could lose the most competent leader we’ve had or are likely to have for some time.

If Johnson can brass neck his way through keeping Cummings while the English Shires fume at him, he can happily hold off any mandate from the SNP, regardless of majority or legitimacy backing that mandate.

Likewise, waiting and hoping for a Labour government that is going to be be ideologically in favour of allowing a referendum, even if it were dependent on SNP votes to rule, is a fool's errand.

There is no path to self determination now, through Westminster. They had their fingers burned in 2014.

14 minutes ago, renton said:

If Johnson can brass neck his way through keeping Cummings while the English Shires fume at him, he can happily hold off any mandate from the SNP, regardless of majority or legitimacy backing that mandate.

Likewise, waiting and hoping for a Labour government that is going to be be ideologically in favour of allowing a referendum, even if it were dependent on SNP votes to rule, is a fool's errand.

There is no path to self determination now, through Westminster. They had their fingers burned in 2014.

Have thought for a while that a slice by slice approach of further devolved powers until the final step is an easy one is the most realistic path. Even then the steps would probably rely on holding the balance of power so it could take a while.

Have thought for a while that a slice by slice approach of further devolved powers until the final step is an easy one is the most realistic path. Even then the steps would probably rely on holding the balance of power so it could take a while.
A bit like New Zealand? I've thought this too.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Just now, Stellaboz said:
1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

A bit like New Zealand? I've thought this too.

Even then, trying to claw back powers requires getting the right hue of Government, and the right parliamentary arithmetic.