When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Antlion said:

A bit of a confused message from the anti-union “unionists”. Scotland doesn’t want independence from the EU but England and Wales do. Are they making our point for us now?

???

Just now, NotThePars said:

???

The Scottish Little Englanders are now telling the EU that Scotland doesn’t want independence, because the EU Commission President dared acknowledge that Scotland doesn’t want independence from her organisation and could conceivably rejoin. No, I don’t understand their “no borders! We love union” hatred of borders and union with Europe either.

In related news, Brexit supporting businessman Malcolm Gifford, who welcomes the setting up of borders with Europe (and now between GB and NI) has launched a new “vote no borders” campaign and is recruiting bands to create and sing a jolly “no borders” ditty. Confusion continues to rein amongst the schizophrenic attitude of Britishers towards the concept of borders.

A c**t acts like a c**t.

Edited by Antlion

Thing I took from it apart from the predictable was that the National have taken sides in the Twitterati wars. Don't read it so it could be old news.

Official independence campaigning has been paused during the coronavirus crisis, but some figures, like Joanna Cherry, have insisted the party must not lost site of its ultimate goal of independence for Scotland.

Edited by welshbairn

49 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but does the headline come from literally this one paragraph: "Online the comment sparked anger among Unionists, with social media users warning the Commission president the situation is “none of her business” and Scotland did not want independence."

Also The Furious Express: https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1284460/eu-news-brexit-ursula-von-der-leyen-scottish-independence-nicola-sturgeon-snp

Britons FURIOUS as EU opens door for Sturgeon's independence bid -'Mind your own business'

23 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I don't think either are MPs are they?

I could have sworn Malcolm Offord was but Google says not. If anyone can find me a Tory MP called Malcolm to explain who I’m thinking of, I’ll give you a dog turd to throw at him...?

image.png.7a5941b77a4a87283538c0ba7d234772.png

Exalifting GIF by schwartzmasta2k | Gfycat

edit: at first I thought it was mainly a straightforward "Calderwood resigning vs. Boris defending Cummings" thing but it was carried out before this all blew up.

Could partly be her making the message for Scotland "stay at home" to diverge from the UK govt led "stay alert" shambles where guys like Hancock were coming on and giving conflicting messages to what people were and weren't able to do.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

If Johnson withstands the pressure to sack Cummings then there's no way he'll grant indyref2 if the SNP win the Scottish elections next year. It's just not happening, 'Once in a lifetime' will be repeated  ad nauseam. 

Then what?

If Johnson withstands the pressure to sack Cummings then there's no way he'll grant indyref2 if the SNP win the Scottish elections next year. It's just not happening, 'Once in a lifetime' will be repeated  ad nauseam. 
Then what?

I never ever ever thought id say this, but if they refused indy ref 2 then if there is a pro indy majority in SP they resign en masse and force a new election on a udi mandate. The tories are not concerned with democracy in the slightest, they have no honour, no integrity and brazenly flaunt it.

https://www.gov.scot/news/covid-funding-plea/

On May 2 the UK Government announced a £617 million extension to business grants, which it advised would generate £60 million of funding consequentials under the Barnett Formula. This was then duly committed to the Scottish Government’s Covid business response.

However, the UK Government informed the Scottish Government this week that this additional funding would not now materialise, increasing the pressure on the Scottish budget.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I never ever ever thought id say this, but if they refused indy ref 2 then if there is a pro indy majority in SP they resign en masse and force a new election on a udi mandate. The tories are not concerned with democracy in the slightest, they have no honour, no integrity and brazenly flaunt it.

That sounds very much like a last ditch scenario... one which is getting all the more probable. 

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I’d like to see that.  Many, many people would like to see that.  It is not impossible that the pressure would grow to an extent where this would prove irresistible.

If this led to an upsurge in support for the SNP and other pro-Independence parties and a further Referendum was denied then all bets are off.

2 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Then what?

The phrase was, "Once in a generation" rather than "lifetime" since, as we know, the two are not coterminous.

I hope that Boris and Co continue to uphold Scotland's democratic choice irrespective of the outcome of next year's Holyrood election.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I can't see the first minister going that way. She has always said(rightly) Scotlands independence would be through a democratic referendum. The more people that support independence in polls the less likely they are to grant it. I reckon there's more chance of folk getting fed up of it altogether.

The phrase was, "Once in a generation" rather than "lifetime" since, as we know, the two are not coterminous.
I hope that Boris and Co continue to uphold Scotland's democratic choice irrespective of the outcome of next year's Holyrood election.

Will the Holyrood election not be a democratic choice old boy?

1 minute ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Will the Holyrood election not be a democratic choice old boy?

In choosing the bloated number of, mostly unaccountable, party hacks?  Absolutely.

As a device for ignoring the will of the voters of Scotland as expressed in 2014?  You're having a laugh.