When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

What a minter he got no bites on the other thread so he is trying here

What a minter 

Even your fellow Nats were pointing out it’s a devolved matter on the other thread, as you well know.

Sounds like Freeman is out her depth, Derek Mackay’s replacement pissing off Scottish businesses by messing up the huge financial package given by the Tories, and oil prices plummeted.  Is it any wonder the sensible majority don’t want the toytown parliament running the country. 

1 hour ago, Mastermind said:

Even your fellow Nats were pointing out it’s a devolved matter on the other thread, as you well know.

Sounds like Freeman is out her depth, Derek Mackay’s replacement pissing off Scottish businesses by messing up the huge financial package given by the Tories, and oil prices plummeted.  Is it any wonder the sensible majority don’t want the toytown parliament running the country. 

How could a wee shite region’s wee pretendy parliament run the glorious Tory-led UK?

On 11/04/2020 at 10:51, Baxter Parp said:

Don’t need a virus to debunk that shite.

On 29/03/2020 at 19:42, Bob Mahelp said:

Despite the very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very best efforts of the pathetic Unionist press to sow the seeds of discord......the SNP are still on track to record a huge win in next year's Scottish elections. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18343125.new-poll-puts-snp-course-record-holyrood-win-despite-salmond-fall-out/

That must be a huge kick in the nads for those desperate to find the silver bullet will slay the independence cause, and were banking on the Salmond trial being it. 

Lol. f**k them. 

But that's only because we've run out of parties to "find out", like we've found out Scottish Labour. 

Besides, the poll refers to the governance  of Scotland, not the indy vote.

You don't need a silver bullet toto slay the independence vote, it's barely a talking point among anyone I know, far from being a cause. I feel the general public don't have the stomach to raise such an argument.

The only thing that could rouse the floating voters is if Brexit turns tragic,  but then the indy people will always need greater and greater tragedy to prove their argument.

Just now, BILmac1967 said:

But that's only because we've run out of parties to "find out", like we've found out Scottish Labour. 

Besides, the poll refers to the governance  of Scotland, not the indy vote.

You don't need a silver bullet toto slay the independence vote, it's barely a talking point among anyone I know, far from being a cause. I feel the general public don't have the stomach to raise such an argument.

The only thing that could rouse the floating voters is if Brexit turns tragic,  but then the indy people will always need greater and greater tragedy to prove their argument.

Edit: to mention the indyref2 poll at the top of the page- i'm surprised "never" isn't an option,  if Brexit isn't a tragedy, then I don't ever see it happening.

On 13/04/2020 at 13:11, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Any particular reason given for that?

Is Wales included as part of England, or are they being shafted too?

Being shafted 😂

Saw Nicola climbed down on this earlier, all her forelock-tugging followers really did get their knickers in a twist over nothing.

At least it’s clear now that it was all just Freeman not having a clue what was going on and not being on the ball. 

Wow - some really special mintering there from our resident Union Jock!

In reality, I've attached below a screenshot of he relevant UK Government advice. As can be seen, the UK Government agreed that the 7 wholesalers would "provide supplies to care providers registered with the Care Quality Commission."

As the Care Quality Commission are the independent regulator of health & social care in England (and only in England - not NI, Scotland & Wales), Scottish care homes cannot register with them.

Accordingly, Gompels was following official UK Government advice by not supplying Scotland & Wales

Edited to add link to UK Govt Advice

EVmNMAGXQAE_d0Z?format=png&name=900x900

Edited by lichtgilphead

I've enjoyed reading the 'source' daily emails from common weal and they're very critical of sturgeon and the Scottish govt.

But it's too harsh imo (even though I'd like to see a much more left wing independent Scotland) .

She has to tow the line from Westminster for two main reasons:

Firstly, Scotland as a whole is not as left wing as we like to think. If we were, we'd have voted for the progressive independent nation back in 2014. She's being the first minister for the whole nation, and not just those that she supports. This is a very tricky balance to walk, and i think she's doing a very good job.

Secondly, if we're going to win round enough people then we need to be seen to be not trying to exploit every situation to gain independence. If folk think that (apart from those in the media on the right, and the likes of mastermind, who are clearly obsessed) then they'll be quick to criticise.

Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey is the way we'll gain independence. I love that grottos like common weal are pushing left wing ideas and opening up the conversation - but i think we need to cut the leadership a bit of slack, especially over their handing off this crisis.

• 2 weeks later...

After having lost the Indy I vote I’ve always been a reluctant supporter of ‘waiting for the right time’ for a second Referendum.

The COVID-19 crisis is making that support more difficult.

A poll released yesterday shows 51% think Johnson is doing a good job handling the crisis.  How is that possible?

No-one needs to dig too deep to see the continual and ongoing clusterfucks from lack of planning, ignoring the results of the simulation they ran in 2016, lack of PPE, failure to respond quickly enough, refusing to participate in the EU wide ventilator procurement programme, etc, etc.  Yet there’s 51% support for this useless bumbling c**t.