When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, get_the_subbies_on said:

Watching the FM deliver the daily updates I was struck by the possibility that this crisis could be the end for her.

In the same way that Hillsborough and its aftermath with funeral after funeral resulted in Dalglish burning out and walking away from football for a while, might the same happen here?

This will be draining for anyone to have to lead us through to the end. Pressure on NHS, death rates, schools out, economy hit and complete uncertainty as to the end result.

I can’t think of anyone in current politics I’d rather have leading us through this but how can anyone deliver an outcome and then have the drive to take us into an indyref 2 campaign?

Once this is over, i think there will be changes. (Regardless of any fall out from a future Salmond inquiry).

More chance of the lying cuntface Johnson going.  He looks like a man who is not enjoying the job he backstabbed his way into.

He must lie awake at night regretting being PM at this time.

More chance of the lying cuntface Johnson going.  He looks like a man who is not enjoying the job he backstabbed his way into.

Don’t disagree. He looks awful at times too. Was just focussing on the Scottish element for this thread.

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Hopefully.

12 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No it wasnt, my wife and I are both on the front line, her PPE isnt fit for purpose and I dont have any. Thats my point, they are telling you that its been sent out etc etc, but it simply hasnt.

As far as I'm aware, all PPE issued meets UK government criteria, maybe that's the problem.  And you still haven't described how ScotGov could have implemented a business continuity plan without the powers to do so.

As far as I'm aware, all PPE issued meets UK government criteria, maybe that's the problem.  And you still haven't described how ScotGov could have implemented a business continuity plan without the powers to do so.

That may be what you’re aware of, but you’re wrong. In particular the masks which were sent to most GP surgeries are not fit for purpose in any way. I had to buy plastic face visors because the ones supplied were so bad they don’t even stay on.

You honestly think that Scottish government departments dont have the authority to have major incident protocols and business continuity plans? That’s very interesting, i mean you’re wrong again, but it’s interesting that you think you aren’t.

If you honestly think that the Scottish Government are doing a good job through this then im delighted for you, what im telling you is on the ground it’s an utter shambles. I used to be a very strong supporter of Nicola Sturgeon but through this I have found her woefully out of her depth. It’s one thing sounding good at a podium, it’s another thing actually getting out coherent and non contradictory information/policy and poor equipment. I’ve got nothing to gain from slating the Scottish Government, I know that you in particular can be very proficient with your trawling of peoples posts etc so feel free to go back through the last year or so of my own, you’ll see that I have no vested interest and certainly am not setting myself up from years of posting on p&b as some kind of unionist sleeper agent. I still support the notion of Scottish Independence etc I just feel that I couldnt vote for the SNP anymore. Its been very hard for me to come to say this publicly, but now I feel I have no choice because their actions or lack of will cost the lives of front line staff.

3 hours ago, Geez a Braco said:

Boris will be remembered for this in the same way as Blair is for Iraq.   

Only two weeks ago Boris was listening to a budget that didn't even mention the Corona virus.    Two weeks ago Boris was telling everyone to shake hands with folk with the corona virus.   A week ago Boris was talking up herd immunisation.   

We've been talking about this on P and B since mid-Jan.    I believe the PM probably googled it 10 days ago which led to the most unbelievable U-turn imaginable.   

Boris will be rightly hounded as the bodybags pile up.  

Not true. The Budget speech did mention Corona virus but the spending commitments were woefully inadequate - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51835306

"Of the £30bn in extra spending, £12bn will be specifically targeted at coronavirus measures, including at least £5bn for the NHS in England and £7bn for business and workers across the UK."

50 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

That may be what you’re aware of, but you’re wrong. In particular the masks which were sent to most GP surgeries are not fit for purpose in any way. I had to buy plastic face visors because the ones supplied were so bad they don’t even stay on.

You honestly think that Scottish government departments dont have the authority to have major incident protocols and business continuity plans? That’s very interesting, i mean you’re wrong again, but it’s interesting that you think you aren’t.

If you honestly think that the Scottish Government are doing a good job through this then im delighted for you, what im telling you is on the ground it’s an utter shambles. I used to be a very strong supporter of Nicola Sturgeon but through this I have found her woefully out of her depth. It’s one thing sounding good at a podium, it’s another thing actually getting out coherent and non contradictory information/policy and poor equipment. I’ve got nothing to gain from slating the Scottish Government, I know that you in particular can be very proficient with your trawling of peoples posts etc so feel free to go back through the last year or so of my own, you’ll see that I have no vested interest and certainly am not setting myself up from years of posting on p&b as some kind of unionist sleeper agent. I still support the notion of Scottish Independence etc I just feel that I couldnt vote for the SNP anymore. Its been very hard for me to come to say this publicly, but now I feel I have no choice because their actions or lack of will cost the lives of front line staff.

Telt

I'd make the observation that Sturgeon has the air of someone whose experience in frontline politics gives her command of her brief, whereas Johnson is on a hugely steep learning curve. His Waterloo however, will not be Covid-19, it will be Brexit; I now find it almost inconceivable that individuals and businesses struggling to rebuild will further indulge this criminal madness.

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

As an SNP voter and supporter of independence....I can only agree with what you have said.

I have a close family member who works in hospital nursing at a primary care level.

Her normal ward has been cleared and designated a red zone (covid infected)

Currently when she turns up for work, she is allocated to work wherever in the hospital is needing staff.

It is a cluster

She has not been fitted for Covid PPE or trained in its use.

She has already come into contact with suspected covid cases on the wards.

There are numerous other members of staff in the same boat.

It's scandalous.

Edited by git-intae-thum

Just came across this inciteful information on Google. You learn something new everyday.

Thoughts?

People also ask

What are the 12 regions of the UK?
Regions in the United Kingdom
  • Scotland.
  • Northern Ireland.
  • Wales.
  • North East.
  • North West.
  • Yorkshire and the Humber.
  • West Midlands.
  • East Midlands.

8 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Just came across this inciteful information on Google. You learn something new everyday.

Thoughts?

People also ask

• Scotland.
  • Northern Ireland.
  • Wales.
  • North East.
  • North West.
  • West Midlands.
  • East Midlands.

Quite right: the only country in the UK is ENGER-LUND!

Thoughts?

People also ask

What are the 12 regions of the UK? Regions in the United Kingdom
  • Scotland.
  • Northern Ireland.
  • Wales.
  • North East.
  • North West.
  • West Midlands.
  • East Midlands.

My old employer used to split the uk into London and ‘the regions’.

9 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Your mob are just as fucking bad.

Which mob is this?

If its a mob that thinks Nicola Sturgeon is an effective excellent communicator good in a crisis i'll happily join it.

That doesn't mean I thjnk the SNP government have acted impeccably here. I dont treat politics like football and defend 'my side' against all evidence and think they are beyond reproach.  Im not even that enamoured by the SNP  - they're just the best and only vehicle to Indy, which I am very much in favour of.

Edited by Bairn Necessities

Which mob is this?

If its a mob that thinks Nicola Sturgeon is an effective excellent communicator good in a crisis i'll happily join it.

That doesn't mean I thjnk the SNP government have acted impeccably here. I dont treat politics like football and defend 'my side' against all evidence and think they are beyond reproach.  Im not even that enamoured by the SNP  - they're just the best and only vehicle to Indy, which I am very much in favour of.

Apologies i confused you with one of the yoons. A similar post got jumped on by the resident drain cleaner drinker last night and I was keen to not be seen as sticking up for the tories who have been even worse through this.

9 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Thoughts?

People also ask

• Scotland.
  • Northern Ireland.
  • Wales.
  • North East.
  • North West.
  • West Midlands.
  • East Midlands.

Similarly politicians frequently refer to the four nations of the UK when in fact there are only two, Northern Ireland is a Province and Wales, ( who have the same laws as england), is a Principality.

The 1707  Acts of Union clearly stated that the Kingdoms of england and Scotland were united into one Kingdom by the name of Great Britain.

Further additions to the title years later was added by a westminster parliament, aided by a vast majority of land grabbing english peers and MP's in comparison to Scottish members.

10 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Thoughts?

People also ask

• Scotland.
  • Northern Ireland.
  • Wales.
  • North East.
  • North West.
  • West Midlands.
  • East Midlands.

They are the European Parliament constituencies. 

23 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

OK, what authority did a bang up job given there's a worldwide demand for PPE that doesn't seem to be fulfilled completely anywhere? If ScotGov are doing a bad job, who's doing a good job?  Again, what should have happened?  Who would have done it better?

OK, what authority did a bang up job given there's a worldwide demand for PPE that doesn't seem to be fulfilled completely anywhere? If ScotGov are doing a bad job, who's doing a good job?  Again, what should have happened?  Who would have done it better?

Theres coverage of emergency workers in third world countries with better (than those who actually have been issued ppe) ppe than is being provided here. Yer average Indian beat bobbie has a mask, not here. Even doctors in non-corona wards in Russia have better PPE.
They can’t even get a corona hub launched in inverclyde because they are so disorganised. Thats not doing a good job.