When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, renton said:

An Indy Scotland with it's own central bank and Indy currency would offer the greatest flexibility to deal with  crises like this. Current SNP party policy calls for a transition to an Indy currency (and no, EU membership only means we'd have to feint towards the Euro after an indeterminate time period of convergence) and who's to say that a different vote in 2014 wouldnt have seen us with an Indy currency by now?

What happens if something similar to the Corona virus happens during the transition?

I don't think any plan can now be put forward which involves using Sterling for any period. The risks are too obvious to even fairly uniformed voters. 

What happens if something similar to the Corona virus happens during the transition?
I don't think any plan can now be put forward which involves using Sterling for any period. The risks are too obvious to even fairly uniformed voters. 

Like posties or Boots staff [emoji848]

40 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The uniformed voters don't give a f**k, mate.  Nor do their dugs.

uniformed.JPG.f192f3d4e9ea0af8999f71087c333af9.JPG

So i was a very very passionate supporter of independence, id say i still support it in principle but my issue arises that I find the SNP increasingly incompetent to the point where in December i had to hold my nose to vote for them. Now i get that right now isnt the time due to the health crisis, however I want an indy ref 2. My issue is that given the total clusterfuck of a response to the corona virus and lack of preparedness along with how badly they are messing up police funding etc I really dont think I can vote SNP anymore, but also I can’t vote for a unionist party. Id really like a non batshit mental indy party to emerge, not the monster raving nessie party led by stu campbell, salmond the octopus and craig murray et al, like a proper party that the SNP had the potential to be.
What is it the Scottish Government did wrong in response to the Corona virus?

What is it the Scottish Government did wrong in response to the Corona virus?

Do you mean like how slow they’ve been to respond? The lack of a business continuity plan for pandemic disease? Or do you mean the fact they STILL havent got proper PPE for emergency service staff and GP’s?
Its all very well sounding good at a podium in a press conference, but in reality Scotland’s response to this pandemic (and btw the UK one is horrific also) has been nothing short of shameful.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Id really like a non batshit mental indy party to emerge, not the monster raving nessie party led by stu campbell, salmond the octopus and craig murray et al, like a proper party that the SNP had the potential to be.

I know getting a +1 from me on the politics thread is a bit like getting a leper's kiss but that was good a post from you.

I have said for aeons that the big problem with independence is the Nationalists and their constant politics of grievance and identity.

30 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I know getting a +1 from me on the politics thread is a bit like getting a leper's kiss but that was good a post from you.

I have said for aeons that the big problem with independence is the Nationalists and their constant politics of grievance and identity.

And no one took notice because it’s become a veritable joke that UK nationalists will dismiss absolutely anything that regional status within the UK inflicts on Scotland as “grievance”.

9 minutes ago, Antlion said:

And no one took notice because it’s become a veritable joke that UK nationalists will dismiss absolutely anything that regional status within the UK inflicts on Scotland as “grievance”.

Not a clue what you're on about.  Who are these 'UK nationalists' and why mention them?

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not a clue what you're on about.  Who are these 'UK nationalists' and why mention them?

Then you haven’t been paying a great deal of attention to this forum, or any forum, or social media, or the news media. Take the next three weeks to acquaint yourself with the many and varied UK nationalist voices which have cried “grievance” about absolutely everything that supporters of Scottish independence have identified as being caused by regionhood in the UK.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/michael-gove-ridiculed-by-snp-mps-after-debating-scottish-independence-in-parliament-with-flies-a7229861.html?amp

(Funnily enough, his rabid rages against the EU and demands for independence are exempt from being called “grievances”.)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/SNP/11364492/The-SNP-is-only-interested-in-fostering-grievance-and-destroying-the-UK.html

(Funnily enough his rabid rages against the EU and complaints that Farage hasn’t yet been knighted aren’t “grievances”.) 

No doubt you’ll easily be able to find more of the folk who have made the word “grievance” in relation to Scottish independence a joke. Once you’ve done so, you might “have a clue” as to why the lazy cries of “that’s just grievance” have virtually reached meme status.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

And as those aeons passed, the SNP grew to become the dominant force in Scottish politics at all levels and have seen support for independence grow.

You ever considered a career in super-forecasting?

33 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

11 minutes ago, Antlion said:

rabid rages against the EU

rabid rages against the EU

I was asking, simply, in P&B terms who the 'UK nationalists' might be as I can't think of any.

Still, always a treat to see you frothing at the mouth and ignoring the question.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I was asking, simply, in P&B terms who the 'UK nationalists' might be as I can't think of any.

Still, always a treat to see you frothing at the mouth and ignoring the question.

No you weren’t. You were trying to engineer a means of claiming that you weren’t one, that you opposed Brexit, what, what, what. Instead you’ve just made yourself look a bit thicker than usual. We’ve seen it all before, dear heart. Adding “in P&B terms” doesn’t alter much. 🤣

The reason that no one takes seriously the cries of “griiiieeeevaaaance” from loyalist supporters of the UK union is that so many hypocritical and high-profile UK nationalists have devalued the term over months and years, to the extent that it’s laughable to see it still trotted out.

Do you mean like how slow they’ve been to respond? The lack of a business continuity plan for pandemic disease? Or do you mean the fact they STILL havent got proper PPE for emergency service staff and GP’s?
Its all very well sounding good at a podium in a press conference, but in reality Scotland’s response to this pandemic (and btw the UK one is horrific also) has been nothing short of shameful.

I'll grant you the PPE issue isn't ideal but equipment was issued earlier this month for GP's and front line staff. Emergency plans are pointless because emergency powers are reserved. In effect we have to wait for resources and funds to be released by Westminster and then we have to comply with whatever plan is put together by COBRA.

What is it you think should have happened?

I'll grant you the PPE issue isn't ideal but equipment was issued earlier this month for GP's and front line staff. Emergency plans are pointless because emergency powers are reserved. In effect we have to wait for resources and funds to be released by Westminster and then we have to comply with whatever plan is put together by COBRA.

What is it you think should have happened?

No it wasnt, my wife and I are both on the front line, her PPE isnt fit for purpose and I dont have any. Thats my point, they are telling you that its been sent out etc etc, but it simply hasnt.

Watching the FM deliver the daily updates I was struck by the possibility that this crisis could be the end for her.

In the same way that Hillsborough and its aftermath with funeral after funeral resulted in Dalglish burning out and walking away from football for a while, might the same happen here?

This will be draining for anyone to have to lead us through to the end. Pressure on NHS, death rates, schools out, economy hit and complete uncertainty as to the end result.

I can’t think of anyone in current politics I’d rather have leading us through this but how can anyone deliver an outcome and then have the drive to take us into an indyref 2 campaign?

Once this is over, i think there will be changes. (Regardless of any fall out from a future Salmond inquiry).