When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A bit off topic - but it does relate to Indy - those c*nts RBS, you know the bank with 'Scotland' in the name, who the taxpayer had to give a load of money to bail out for being useless, greedy shitehawks? Changing their name AND threatening to take their ball cos apparently they hate their home nation so much. IMG_20200217_084032.thumb.jpg.4ce0b0f87ddb3e586dd0edd50be8e8d7.jpg

1 hour ago, Utter Roaster said:

A bit off topic - but it does relate to Indy - those c*nts RBS, you know the bank with 'Scotland' in the name, who the taxpayer had to give a load of money to bail out for being useless, greedy shitehawks? Changing their name AND threatening to take their ball cos apparently they hate their home nation so much. IMG_20200217_084032.thumb.jpg.4ce0b0f87ddb3e586dd0edd50be8e8d7.jpg

That headline's one of the best incentives for Independence I've seen in a while.

https://theferret.scot/north-sea-oil-250-billion-tax-break/

£250bn: the cost of giving tax breaks to North Sea oil firms

The UK government has lost over £250 billion in 13 years by giving generous tax breaks to North Sea oil companies, according to an expert report.

I like it. 19.2 billion per year is a better number than 12.6 billion.

22 hours ago, Grahame said:

"Oppression is an unjust treatment or exercise of power, often under the guise of governmental authority"

The Scottish Parliament's full membership - of all colours - voted by a clear majority are for indyref yet the governmental authority in London has exercised it's powers to unjustly block the legalities of the vote.    

Perhaps you might be able to provide a different interpretation of the word "oppressed", or perish the thought  the dictionary was right and you were pitifully wrong?   

PS  Perthshire> SouthLanarkshire  

You have a persecution complex. If you were Syrian, Uighur or a Rohinga Muslim you might get a hearing, but Scottish?

Grow up ya  dick. Pathetic drama queen.

14 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Nothing disputing the actual content of what Grahame said plus an odd implication Scottish independence is only valid if British soldiers are shooting at us.

Well the Government have my authority. 

Oppressed - really pathetic and trivialises real persecution and oppression

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

It's a word without an agreed upon definition that has interpretations ranging from Hutus and Tutsis to preventing MPs from voting on matters of UK law that will affect Scotland.

The important thing is the substance of the issue, not what someone would call it.

Clearly it has more substance for you than it ever will for me. It still looks and sounds like trying to make a big deal out of not terribly much when you look at the real problems around us.

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

UK budgeting on health has a knock on effect on the Scottish grant. SNP MPs tried to vote on this in Westminster and were ignored as ineligible because of laws that were brought in post 2014 specifically to do this to MPs from devolved countries. I view this, fairly uncontroversially, as a substantial issue. Many others do to.

Well I 'm sure I could find a counterweight whilst I watch RB Leipzig however we really would be wasting time, especially as I don't view it as priority over other things and you do.  An example would be the amount of time and effort spent on constitutional affairs rather than tackling real issues important to me. None of them make me feel oppressed though, just frustrated. 

7 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Two questions to round off then. 

1. Would you want Scotland to be in the EU and subject to the rules/regulations and costs of running that?

Infinitely preferable to being subject to the rules/regulations of the Westminster Gov/t.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

1. Yes.
2. No idea but I would fund it with a large issue of bonds rather than cutting.

I find it strange that you would be more comfortable with Belgians, Greeks and Italians influencing your life than others much more close to home - and I voted to stay in the EU as I can't see the logic of putting barriers up with others. 

The second point assumes a Scottish Government could issue bonds successfully with no credit history at a sensible coupon rate. Even if it did then the cost of the debt still has to be found, so if no cuts then more tax.