When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

More and likely due to the 12.5% Corporate tax rate attracting foreign investment.
Have a look though at the booming Romanian economy.
So what, creates thousands of jobs, increases employment and generates more income tax receipts. You know, small countries need to attract investment.
Oh and Ireland doesn't have the curse of oil

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

If Ireland's doing so well how come it's essentially not possible to live in central Dublin on a low wage?

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

You can live in a repurposed shipping container for like €600 mate I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Get yourself one of these lads.

0_PAY-Wheelie_bins_homeless_people_TRIANGLENEWS_16JPG.thumb.jpg.17ecda92706ad392cf03e48792623a41.jpg

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/multimillionaire-invents-bin-pods-rough-21397084

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

So what, creates thousands of jobs, increases employment and generates more income tax receipts. You know, small countries need to attract investment.
Oh and Ireland doesn't have the curse of oil

It has oil and gas reserves off Cork and  the Kish Bank gas field off Dublin, plus there are estimated large reserves off the Irish west coast, there was in the past a small boom in exploration however the politicians such as Conor Cruise O'Brien shot themselves in the foot when they adopted a policy of intending screwing the oil companies for every penny, they thought the UK gov soft in offering 16% drilling costs in the North Sea if said company had a 3% stake in a producing North Sea field, so their policy was to hold the companies to ransom resulting in major oil companies fuckin them off, so in effect you have virtually nil exploration off Ireland and the UK continues to produce on a large scale,

BTW Gordon Brown put paid to that 16% drilling costs deal.

7 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

It has oil and gas reserves off Cork and  the Kish Bank gas field off Dublin, plus there are estimated large reserves off the Irish west coast, there was in the past a small boom in exploration however the politicians such as Conor Cruise O'Brien shot themselves in the foot when they adopted a policy of intending screwing the oil companies for every penny, they thought the UK gov soft in offering 16% drilling costs in the North Sea if said company had a 3% stake in a producing North Sea field, so their policy was to hold the companies to ransom resulting in major oil companies fuckin them off, so in effect you have virtually nil exploration off Ireland and the UK continues to produce on a large scale,

BTW Gordon Brown put paid to that 16% drilling costs deal.

Ok, it doesn't have a fraction of the curse of oil that Scotland does.

On 05/02/2020 at 12:48, carpetmonster said:

This one? OK. Again, you're taking Scotland outside the EU, which I don't think anyone else is, or certainly the vast majority of folks aren't. Yes, I agree, currency should be sorted definitively. I'd imagine that international (and RUk businesses whose trade isn't entirely domestic) businesses would be more likely to relocate into a Scotland in the EU than into an RUk outside of it. As explained to Malky pretty often, we've got no way of ascertaining that Scotland spends any more than it makes, if indeed it does at all. Three isn't a handful.    

Oh dear. Still thick?! 

Would you take the First Ministers word on it? 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/23/independent-scotland-would-need-to-cut-deficit-says-sturgeon

Or Full Fact?

https://fullfact.org/electionlive/2019/nov/22/bbc-question-time-leaders-special-nicola-sturgeon-fact-checked/

Perhaps the SNP's Growth Commission? 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16592920.nicola-sturgeon-downplays-deficit-reduction-after-independence/

Maybe the IFS? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50657846

I could also offer links to Derek McKay saying it too but these days that creepy weirdo Nationalist seems to have lost some credibility. :rolleyes:

Scotland absolutely does spend more than it makes. No question about it. You just won't accept it as fact cause it totally debunks the case for Scottish Independence. 

And we also shouldn't forget that the most recent Scottish Government figures show that the Scottish economy actually shrunk last year. The worst performance within the UK. 

Edited by Malky3

53 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Oh dear. Still thick?! 

Would you take the First Ministers word on it? 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/23/independent-scotland-would-need-to-cut-deficit-says-sturgeon

Or Full Fact?

https://fullfact.org/electionlive/2019/nov/22/bbc-question-time-leaders-special-nicola-sturgeon-fact-checked/

Perhaps the SNP's Growth Commission? 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16592920.nicola-sturgeon-downplays-deficit-reduction-after-independence/

Maybe the IFS? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50657846

I could also offer links to Derek McKay saying it too but these days that creepy weirdo Nationalist seems to have lost some credibility. :rolleyes:

Scotland absolutely does spend more than it makes. No question about it. You just won't accept it as fact cause it totally debunks the case for Scottish Independence. 

And we also shouldn't forget that the most recent Scottish Government figures show that the Scottish economy actually shrunk last year. The worst performance within the UK. 

Your enforced sojourn didn't quell your appetite for spreading horseshit then mate? OK, let's have a wee look at these links...

First one - 2 and a half years old

Second one - BBC

Third one - Tory shitrag

Fourth one - BBC. 

Ah ha, a Derek Mackay joke!!! You were so excited to make that, you couldn't spell his name correctly, but you're still finding time to call me thick. Super. Smashing. Well done you. Well done Malky! We're so proud!!!!!!

On 05/02/2020 at 17:13, SandyCromarty said:

That is the intention so far, the pound in the transition period and then a new currency, whether it will be the euro or a wholly Scottish currency is still debatable, bear in mind we do print our own notes at the moment and legally the english pound is illegal in Scotland.

Oh FFS! 

Your xenophobia knows no bounds at all does it? English £'s are illegal are they? I look forward to getting arrested for spending the ones in my wallet then. 

In the real world Scottish bank notes and English bank notes have the same status in Scotland - neither are legal tender. Only Royal Mint coins are legal tender in Scotland. In England only Royal Mint coins and Bank Of England bank notes are legal tender. 

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/knowledgebank/what-is-legal-tender

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Your enforced sojourn didn't quell your appetite for spreading horseshit then mate? OK, let's have a wee look at these links...

First one - 2 and a half years old

Second one - BBC

Third one - Tory shitrag

Fourth one - BBC. 

Ah ha, a Derek Mackay joke!!! You were so excited to make that, you couldn't spell his name correctly, but you're still finding time to call me thick. Super. Smashing. Well done you. Well done Malky! We're so proud!!!!!!

Brilliant to be back laughing at the ridiculous Scottish Nationalists. 

Do you think the Scottish Government have wiped out the deficit in the last two and a half years? 

Do you want me to publish Nicola Sturgeons car crash interview with Andrew Neil where she admitted Scottish Independence would mean decades of austerity? 

Enjoy la la land you space cadet. 

Mate - as you've told me before - I'm typing this from the 'safety of Chicago'. I'm pretty much an observer. You're the guy cheering on a Prime Minister who's been sacked from multiple journalism jobs for dishonesty. You're the guy telling everyone to watch him fill his pockets while he flushes the country down the pan. If you manage in your quest and convince a few folks not to head for the lifeboats when the iceberg is 50 feet away, enjoy their appreciation of your efforts when it hits. I'll be in la la land and I'll be fine. 

13 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Mate - as you've told me before - I'm typing this from the 'safety of Chicago'. I'm pretty much an observer. You're the guy cheering on a Prime Minister who's been sacked from multiple journalism jobs for dishonesty. You're the guy telling everyone to watch him fill his pockets while he flushes the country down the pan. If you manage in your quest and convince a few folks not to head for the lifeboats when the iceberg is 50 feet away, enjoy their appreciation of your efforts when it hits. I'll be in la la land and I'll be fine. 

I understand. Over here in Scotland we've got an oppressive anti democratic Scottish Government and we've got nasty little Independence supporters who like to shut down free speech and political oppositionby banning people like me. There are unavoidable similarities between what is happening in Scotland today and what happened in 1930's Germany. The trumped up charge of referencing the holocaust was as ridiculous as it was dishonest and completely untrue particularly since I was clear that I was referencing 1930's Germany, and the holocaust didn't start till 1941. But that is how oppressive Scotland has become under the SNP. You also don't have to live in a high tax country where we workers are penalised by the Scottish Government just because we are Scottish! 

No wonder you conduct your chants from abroad. At least in the US you have your freedom and you are far enough away that creepy SNP sex predators aren't grooming your children.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Malky3

1. The Holocaust started in 1939 in Chelmno. 

2. As a permanent resident, and not yet a citizen of the US, I don't have a whole lot of freedom. US immigration isn't a great deal of fun. It's laborious and expensive and pretty stressful along the way when your status is maintained on the whim of an employer in a country with few employment rights.  My effective tax rate in Chicago - given that it's one of the higher taxed places in the US, particularly if you mold in healthcare to what you're paying out, given that not having it isn't really an option - is relatively similar to what I paid in Scotland. I have the freedom to move to somewhere like Arkansas where I'd be taxed much less, but I'd also be paid much less, and my kid would be getting taught that dinosaurs are a hoax and Jesus likes guns. In a 4 day school week. 

3. There are no similarities between 1930s Germany and contemporary Scotland. I know this, you know this. You are not a martyr to the restriction of free speech, in the same way as Tommy Robinson is not a martyr to the restriction of free speech. You are free to speak whatever you like. And decent folks are free to be repelled, and could, nay *should* challenge what your free speech comprises, because the lesson both the UK and the US are summarily failing to take on board from 1930s Germany is that when a lie is told often enough,  it becomes the truth. 

Edited by carpetmonster

13 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Oh what the f**k he's back?

He can be entertaining.

No wonder you conduct your chants from abroad. At least in the US you have your freedom and you are far enough away that creepy SNP sex predators aren't grooming your children.  :rolleyes: