When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, AB de Villiers said:

What percentage of UK MPs do they have? You know, since it’s a UK election.

Who cares? Their percentage vote versus their percentage seats is still a tiny proportion. UK wide or Scotland wide. Infact it's a whole lot worse over the entire UK. 

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

So give me the actual facts that show that NHS England outperforms NHS Scotland. 

A&E waiting times? Nope.

Number of GPs per 1000 population? Nope.

Number of midwives per 1000 population. Nope.

Cancer patient waiting times? Nope.

Cancellation of elective operations? Nope.

% of Children without obvious tooth decay. Nope.

When Unionists complain about NHS Scotland not reaching targets they forget that NHS England also does not reach those targets - in fact, it misses the targets by an even wider margin. The furore over missed A&E target by NHS Scotland in 2018 ignored the fact that NHS England hadn't actually hit the 95% target since 2013/14 whilst NHS Scotland had actually consistently hit the target.

Lies, damned lies and Unionist bullshit.

Here - this is my favourite. 

Annotation 2020-02-01 003248.png

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

That's funny looking NHS stats.

Running away again like you did the other night?

No point. The Nationalists have spent the last seven decades wanting Scotland to fail. They celebrate recession, unemployment and economic hardship cause it teaches us all a lesson. No-one does the country down more than a Scottish Nationalist. Fortunately 55% of us were smart enough to tell them to f**k off. 

Just now, Malky3 said:

It's on Google - if you can figure out how to use it......

Now Now Malcolm......it's no like you to pass up the opportunity to post a multitude of made up p#sh.

Whats wrong.?

Has the SIU members page no got any cut and pastes that will fit the bill?

1 minute ago, AB de Villiers said:

I respect democracy, you quite clearly don’t. You don’t want Brexit to happen and you want to ignore the democratically voted result of the 2014 referendum.

If you respected democracy...you would respect the result of every Scottish election held since 2016.

You don't though.....do you?

Just now, Malky3 said:

No point. The Nationalists have spent the last seven decades wanting Scotland to fail. They celebrate recession, unemployment and economic hardship cause it teaches us all a lesson. No-one does the country down more than a Scottish Nationalist. Fortunately 55% of us were smart enough to tell them to f**k off. 

2118654532_giphy(6).gif.0b4a510d90addbe0ed8be34029f9d8a8.gif

3 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Thank you.......we are maybe getting somewhere.....in a democracy that means they have a mandate to enact the policies in the prospectus they were elected on.

Wouldn't it be good if the SNP did live up to their pledges in 2016. 

1044281465_Annotation2020-02-01004942.png.6fef7f6a3663682103e8e7c4e5208b0b.png

Oops, the SNP failed to deliver on this one. Haven't they

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

stuart, you should find that post of mine and quote me in full showing the context.

And given that you didn't go to uni I'm surprised that you feel you have any valid opinion of what goes on there.

The context was I was bemoaning the no show of various lecturers at Universities where my sons were in attendance. The lectures hadn't been cancelled. You defended the no show by stating that lecturers shouldn't have to teach the course, just the ability to research. And who is Stuart btw? 

3 minutes ago, AB de Villiers said:

We didn’t.

Eh.... You just said the party that has overwhelmingly won the last decade of elections in Scotland is not allowed to follow it's prospectus.........because the opinion polls say they can't.🤔

Ffs.......you are all over the place😂

Edited by git-intae-thum
Typo

You are coming across as a very weetoonlad-esque poster at this point. Very all over the place and illiterate while failing to grasp simple points. The SNP are allowed to do whatever they put in their manifesto, however it is NOT undemocratic in ANY WAY for it to be blocked as the Scottish public don’t want it. Opinion polls and the fact the SNP only recieved 45% of the popular vote (going by your logic the SNP getting voted in means all Scots want it) don’t really show any signs of the Scottish public wanting it. So remind me, how is it undemocratic, if people don’t want it?

Amazing any government can do anything if every policy needs its own election.

All things said and done, you're saying the snp have a mandate to run Scotland's education, health and police with real policy changes without consultative vote.

But asking the people a question before actually doing anything can't be done...

On 17/01/2020 at 18:37, MixuFixit said:

Which invites the question if the Scots only get what they want when it is the same thing that the English want, and for most of the last century it isn't, what is the point of the union?

Whilst I agree, the same could be argued about the EU......

From a post by a friend on another forum:

For a long time there has been this view - shared by Unionists and independence supporters alike - that Scotland was a proud founding member of a sort-of equal Union - at least a Union equal in everything but numerical size. 

But that has been increasingly  exposed as a fiction, a fantasy. At every opportunity, when Westminster could overrule, override or ignore Scotland's view, it has done so. Section 30 turned down, the visa suggestion, dismissed. The Sewel convention, the Smith commission, all are just conveniently sidelined or ignored. EU powers supposed to come back to Scotland, end up reserved after all? And maybe above all, the 3 devolved 'nations' refuse consent, and it hardly even makes the evening news.

Britain shall have her Brexit, and no one is going to stop her.  While independence has its own positive logic, I've probably never felt more alienated and pushed away from feeling belonging to the UK.

2 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

From a post by a friend on another forum:

For a long time there has been this view - shared by Unionists and independence supporters alike - that Scotland was a proud founding member of a sort-of equal Union - at least a Union equal in everything but numerical size. 

But that has been increasingly  exposed as a fiction, a fantasy. At every opportunity, when Westminster could overrule, override or ignore Scotland's view, it has done so. Section 30 turned down, the visa suggestion, dismissed. The Sewel convention, the Smith commission, all are just conveniently sidelined or ignored. EU powers supposed to come back to Scotland, end up reserved after all? And maybe above all, the 3 devolved 'nations' refuse consent, and it hardly even makes the evening news.

Britain shall have her Brexit, and no one is going to stop her.  While independence has its own positive logic, I've probably never felt more alienated and pushed away from feeling belonging to the UK.

What a load of anti democratic shite

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:
2 hours ago, sjc said:
Whilst I agree, the same could be argued about the EU......

The UK tended to get exactly what it wanted from the EU, so no it can't.

When you say the UK,you mean the UK government, right? And as demonstrated by their handling of Brexit a democratic vote counts for little. Forcing the Lisbon or Maastricht treaties on Member States further highlights this is and contributed significantly to the 2016 referendum result.

This part of the board has been loosely moderated for a while.  No longer.

If you cannot debate in a civil manner then you are not welcome here.

Independence and politics are an emotive subject, however please behave in a civil manner.

This relates to posters on both sides of the debate.   1930's Germany, proto fascists, dribbling simpleton etc etc

There is really no need and repeats of this behaviour will mean you will no longer be posting here.

Let's draw a line under this and see how it goes.