When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Focus on the day job? Malky, what the f**k are you talking about?

It's very simple, and I had already explained it. Instead of going round trying to blag some Ferrero Rocher at each Ambassadors Residence, they should be getting Scotlands house in order. 

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

They have been getting Scotland's house in order for 13 years.

And have convincingly won every single election of every type ever since at local, EU, Holyrood and Westminster.

I think that tells you what side of the argument you are on.

They've been failing Scotland for 13 years+  too. 

Look at the falling ranking of our education system where literacy levels have plummeted. Look at the state of our pot hole ridden roads. Look at the hospital catastrophe's in both our major cities, where an unchecked "typo" has cost £millions in taxpayers money rectifying faults in Edinburgh, and where safety standards were so poor at the QEUH that children did actually die from bird shit in their water. Look at their failure within the Scottish NHS where they can't even hit their own targets. Look at the state of Police Scotland and of our Ambulance Service where vehicles are being held together, quite literally, with gaffa tape and where Scottish Government decisions have destroyed staff morale and damaged services. Look at the recruitment crisis in the NHS, which can be traced back to Nicola Sturgeons recruitment freeze when she was Health Secretary. Look at the Cal Mac joke going on at Fergusons where ferries have been built and put into service despite the Scottish Government having failed to sign off on a design. We've nationalised a loss making ship building yard and a loss making airport whose principle customer these days seems to be Donald Trump.

They've gone against local planning rules to allow Trump to build a golf course on a site of special ecological significance in Aberdeen, wrecked it, and then went on to ensure that Trump would never follow through on his proposed investments by choosing to build a large wind farm just off the shore. Sold off national assets to rich businessmen for buttons. And damaged inward investment into Scotland for more than 7 years now with their continued political uncertainty. It's so bad that companies have been choosing to invest in places like Hull rather than Scotland quite simply because they were a more stable investment prospect. Indeed the SNP's only inward investment success, despite all their blowhard bollocks is Amazon who they've awarded massive subsidies to in order to have them set up low paid warehouses across the central belt. 

I'm sure if the people of Scotland had realised just what a shitfest of arseholes would be put up as candidates for our Scottish Parliament we'd all have rejected devolution and the Scottish Parliament. A building  where we have an electoral system that sees candidates that are rejected by their constituents in their constituency vote landing up representing the same constituents anyway cause they were high enough up on their parties "list" selection. And a system that allowed two of those list MSP's, who were rejected in their constituencies, to hold onto their seats and their salaries despite having the party whip removed from them by the SNP for failing to vote as Central Office told them to.

They get away with it cause of the daft cult following they get - but the focus is turning on them now. I wouldn't be too surprised if George Galloway turned out to be almost prophetic in the coming months. 

35 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The Unionist pish that the Scottish Government don't do anything but campaign for independence.

It's utter nonsense.

That is true, unfortunately. The SNP have done more than just campaign for independence, but everything they've touched has turned to shit! 

41 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The Unionist pish that the Scottish Government don't do anything but campaign for independence.
It's utter nonsense.

You have to remember that Malky thinks that Holyrood only passed 4 bills in 2019.

(In real life, it was 17 Acts and 438 Orders & Regulations)

7 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

You have to remember that Malky thinks that Holyrood only passed 4 bills in 2019.

(In real life, it was 17 Acts and 438 Orders & Regulations)

Info came from here 

https://www.parliament.scot/parliamentarybusiness/Bills/111325.aspx

Still not been corrected by the way but the Scottish Parliament really isn't a good administration anyway, is it? 

Malky doesn't appear to know the difference between a Bill and an Act. What an unintelligent Yoon he is.

Here's the complete list of Acts of the Scottish Parliament from the official online repositotry (Legislation.gov.uk)

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2019

Each and every Bill that led to these Acts receiving Royal Assent can be found on the Scottish Parliament website in the list of Session 5 bills

https://www.parliament.scot/parliamentarybusiness/Bills/104300.aspx

I suppose that this proves that you can't legislate for those that don't want to see

26 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Malky doesn't appear to know the difference between a Bill and an Act. What an unintelligent Yoon he is.

Here's the complete list of Acts of the Scottish Parliament from the official online repositotry (Legislation.gov.uk)

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/asp/2019

Each and every Bill that led to these Acts receiving Royal Assent can be found on the Scottish Parliament website in the list of Session 5 bills

https://www.parliament.scot/parliamentarybusiness/Bills/104300.aspx

I suppose that this proves that you can't legislate for those that don't want to see

It's good to know that Westminster can keep accurate records unlike the Scottish Parliament. 

Legislation.gov.uk is provided by the National Archives, not by Westminster. The clue is where it says "The National Archives" at the top of the page I linked to.

Malky Is really spectacularly ignorant in matters like this.

Edited by lichtgilphead

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

If you believe our school standards are plummeting you need to be talking to teachers not politicians. Those are the people trained to teach. Politicians don't teach.

If you want to complain about bird shit in water tanks you need to talk to the construction company and the people in charge of works. Why would anyone think a politician was to blame for that.

The NHS recruitment crisis is a UK wide problem. I notice you are not blaming the Tories for the state of the much worse NHS standards in England. Why is that?

That's your starters for ten right there.

Seriously - you read this forum and you come away thinking that literacy standards haven't fallen over the years? 

Oaksoft, education standards are definitely falling. I don't need politicians to tell me that. For example the recent PISA report showed record low levels of attainment in Scotland in Mathematics. Their tables also show a determinable decline in levels of attainment in Maths and Science since 2007. Guess who became responsible for Scottish Education in 2007. Telling isn't it? No? Ok what about when the Scottish Government reports on itself and publishes the results of tests in school in P7 and we discover that rates of literacy and numeracy have been falling across the board under the SNP leadership? Just 59% of P7 kids in deprived areas of Scotland today are achieving expected literacy standards despite SNP pledges to boost those in deprived areas the most. Still not enough for you? Well what about the economic well being report that has Scotland plunging down the table year on year to the "bottom tranche" today. Why? Well they say "declining education standards, a low oil price, and a failure by the Scottish Government to improve life expectancy figures" are the main contributory factors. Anecdotally Scottish employers have been complaining about the standard of people applying for jobs. They are scathing both of prospective employees who have come straight from school with poor basic standards, and worse they are scathing about the standards amongst our graduates who are coming out of University with pieces of paper claiming they are qualified in their subject, but who are having to be completely retrained in the workplace. 

The QEUH - I take it you haven't been following the news? Senior management at the hospital are now accepting that they knew there were problems with the hospital. If they knew why did the hospital open? And why did the hospital remain open once they knew there was a contaminated water supply feeding into the showers - something that was obvious when they started to issue patients with bottled water rather than just filling jugs as they usually would do?  Why was there a cover up by hospital management? Why did Jeane Freeman take so long to talk to the two families who's children had died? Why did Victoria Freeman who's son was one of the children that died say that she felt that the Health Secretary hadn't taken her sons death seriously? BTW, there is an ongoing investigation into the build, handover and maintenance of the hospital and of the hospitals procedures in dealing with infection control. 

As for the comparable NHS's prior to the Scottish NHS recruitment freeze in 2007 the reports at the time show that Scotlands NHS recruitment rates were already lagging behind all the other areas in the UK. For example from 1997 England increased staffing levels by 25%, in Wales it was by 20%, in Northern Ireland 16% and in Scotland just 13%. Yet Scotland was the only region to implement a nursing recruitment freeze in 2007 effectively ending the guarantee that all nursing graduates would have a job when their training ended. The result was thousands of qualified nurses were turned away - some going abroad, some going into the private sector and some leaving the profession altogether. The SNP certainly inherited problems. Jack McConnells Labour government were considering closing Monklands Hospital amid growing fury in North Lanarkshire. The SNP kept the hospital open, but implemented a recruitment freeze that has had dire consequences ever since. 

But apart from that I have never been to an NHS hospital in England and to be perfectly frank I have little interest in how well or how badly they are doing down there. The only thing that matters to me when I am in a hospital is that I, my kids, my grand kids, or my loved ones are getting the best standards of care. Spend some time in an NHS hospital in Scotland Oaksoft, talk to the nurses, talk to the doctors. They'll all tell you the same thing - it's been getting worse year on year for at least 13 years. 

Edited by Malky3

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

Legislation.gov.uk is provided by the National Archives, not by Westminster. The clue is where it says "The National Archives" at the top of the page I linked to.

Malky Is really spectacularly ignorant in matters like this.

Oh dear. And who runs the National Archives? 

The National Archives is a non-ministerial government department. Its parent department is the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Lichtgilphead is spectacularly ignorant in matters like this. :rolleyes:

Edited by Malky3

4 hours ago, Malky3 said:

education standards are definitely falling. I don't need politicians to tell me that. For example the recent PISA report showed record low levels of attainment in Scotland in Mathematics.

Well, this is awkward. 

6 hours ago, Malky3 said:

His party polled just under 14m votes -  up nearly 4 million votes on when David Cameron won the election in 2015.

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

• 2019 - Boris Johnson - 13,966,451
  • 2015 - David Cameron - 11,334,226

4 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Seriously - you read this forum and you come away thinking that literacy standards haven't fallen over the years? 

Oaksoft, education standards are definitely falling. I don't need politicians to tell me that. For example the recent PISA report showed record low levels of attainment in Scotland in Mathematics. Their tables also show a determinable decline in levels of attainment in Maths and Science since 2007. Guess who became responsible for Scottish Education in 2007. Telling isn't it? No? Ok what about when the Scottish Government reports on itself and publishes the results of tests in school in P7 and we discover that rates of literacy and numeracy have been falling across the board under the SNP leadership? Just 59% of P7 kids in deprived areas of Scotland today are achieving expected literacy standards despite SNP pledges to boost those in deprived areas the most. Still not enough for you? Well what about the economic well being report that has Scotland plunging down the table year on year to the "bottom tranche" today. Why? Well they say "declining education standards, a low oil price, and a failure by the Scottish Government to improve life expectancy figures" are the main contributory factors. Anecdotally Scottish employers have been complaining about the standard of people applying for jobs. They are scathing both of prospective employees who have come straight from school with poor basic standards, and worse they are scathing about the standards amongst our graduates who are coming out of University with pieces of paper claiming they are qualified in their subject, but who are having to be completely retrained in the workplace. 

The QEUH - I take it you haven't been following the news? Senior management at the hospital are now accepting that they knew there were problems with the hospital. If they knew why did the hospital open? And why did the hospital remain open once they knew there was a contaminated water supply feeding into the showers - something that was obvious when they started to issue patients with bottled water rather than just filling jugs as they usually would do?  Why was there a cover up by hospital management? Why did Jeane Freeman take so long to talk to the two families who's children had died? Why did Victoria Freeman who's son was one of the children that died say that she felt that the Health Secretary hadn't taken her sons death seriously? BTW, there is an ongoing investigation into the build, handover and maintenance of the hospital and of the hospitals procedures in dealing with infection control. 

As for the comparable NHS's prior to the Scottish NHS recruitment freeze in 2007 the reports at the time show that Scotlands NHS recruitment rates were already lagging behind all the other areas in the UK. For example from 1997 England increased staffing levels by 25%, in Wales it was by 20%, in Northern Ireland 16% and in Scotland just 13%. Yet Scotland was the only region to implement a nursing recruitment freeze in 2007 effectively ending the guarantee that all nursing graduates would have a job when their training ended. The result was thousands of qualified nurses were turned away - some going abroad, some going into the private sector and some leaving the profession altogether. The SNP certainly inherited problems. Jack McConnells Labour government were considering closing Monklands Hospital amid growing fury in North Lanarkshire. The SNP kept the hospital open, but implemented a recruitment freeze that has had dire consequences ever since. 

But apart from that I have never been to an NHS hospital in England and to be perfectly frank I have little interest in how well or how badly they are doing down there. The only thing that matters to me when I am in a hospital is that I, my kids, my grand kids, or my loved ones are getting the best standards of care. Spend some time in an NHS hospital in Scotland Oaksoft, talk to the nurses, talk to the doctors. They'll all tell you the same thing - it's been getting worse year on year for at least 13 years. 

Nice to see you up all night typing shite again Malky.

You don't have a clue about QEUH by the way, just like pretty much everything else in your Daily Mail-like diatribes. But you keep on battering away at that keyboard all night champ.

59 minutes ago, Big Rider said:

Nice to see you up all night typing shite again Malky.

You don't have a clue about QEUH by the way, just like pretty much everything else in your Daily Mail-like diatribes. But you keep on battering away at that keyboard all night champ.

I don't think so. That's a copy and paste job from Tory HQ.