When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
What we should have is a unified Ireland. None of this Northern Shite.

United Celtdom maybe?

The Irish have responded to Manky3, they are not happy with him.  

Edited by dirty dingus

5 hours ago, Dougie82 said:

Deary me,I'll engage but I really shouldnt

Where is the hard border in the "heart of Ireland "

Ireland and the EU's position from the beginning is that a customs border in Ireland is unworkable and at no point have either drifted from that position 

Really?

"It is obvious that you will have a hard border"

Who said that? Margaritis Schinas - the EU's Chief Spokesman - when asked what would happen in the event of a no deal Brexit. 

I know some people like to only hear what they want to hear when it comes to politics but the UK and the Irish position on the border is aligned. Neither want it. The ONLY reason there is any prospect of a hard border in Ireland is because the EU are insisting on it in the event of a no deal Brexit. 

Edited by Malky3

Reading through this sub-forum and this thread, it is clear that anyone (Malky3 this time) who disagrees with or puts forward any form of argument against the SNP/ independence, is branded a troll and/ or subjected to abuse. It’s pathetic, juvenile behaviour. 

As there simply isn’t going to be another independence referendum anytime soon, perhaps the Scottish government should concentrate on running the country and improving it. Who knows, this might even convince more people to support and vote for them/ their cause. 

34 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

Reading through this sub-forum and this thread, it is clear that anyone (Malky3 this time) who disagrees with or puts forward any form of argument against the SNP/ independence, is branded a troll and/ or subjected to abuse. It’s pathetic, juvenile behaviour. 

As there simply isn’t going to be another independence referendum anytime soon, perhaps the Scottish government should concentrate on running the country and improving it. Who knows, this might even convince more people to support and vote for them/ their cause. 

More people have. Indy was polling around 25% pre indy ref hence we were "allowed" one.  SNP now has a bigger vote share than Boris Johnson.  

If unionists want to reverse that trend then they need to start convincing more people about Westminster and Brexit otherwise their 'cause' is finished. 

1 hour ago, 18May1991 said:

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I don't really think that the Malky Vs Bams who still can't resist replying thing is that good a representation of the subforum at large. He has for oh I don't know 3, 4, 5 months or so posted essentially the same stuff over and over in this thread. For whatever reason a small group of posters enjoy being wound up by this and take the bait over and over again. It's just standard issue trolling. Like going to an electric cars forum and saying it's not saving the planet because they get their electricity from coal power stations or whatever.

There are people on here who are anti independence and can articulate why without it turning into the above (actually Detournement does this of all people) and there are plenty of people who are critical of the SNP across a wide range of topics. That lots of those critical voices still support independence doesn't negate this.

As well as the spamming he repeatedly posts straightforward untruths and refuses to withdraw them when it's made clear to him. That's why he's on ignore, if he was putting forward a genuine argument for Unionism I'd be happy to hear it.

On 09/08/2019 at 16:51, Malky3 said:

I've said before that I am quite long in the tooth, and sadly I've seen all this nonsense before. Back in the 60's and 70's when I was growing up the SNP were seen by many in the West Of Scotland as being a party for Catholics. It's kind of sad to see that after nearly 60 years Scottish politics hasn't really changed. In the last few posts some Nationalist dinosaurs have decided to lump all who fail to follow the Nationalist Cult as Freemasons, Orange Order, protestant, Rangers Supporting Royalists. 

I had hoped that in the modern Scotland we were making some progress towards eradicating sectarianism when in 2012 we saw the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act passed into law unopposed but by 2018 the SNP had repealed the Act, and on these pages we can see why. It's sad really but it seems the Nationalist Cult needs to sow division on any grounds whatsoever to gain traction for their cause. 

This "getting on with the day job" nonsense is the biggest red getting ever.

Do you hear people tell Johnson to get on with the day job because he is so focused on Brexit?

You have also clearly missed most of Malky's posts - it isn't debate or discussion but cut and paste from Unionist sites.

As someone who actually was on the other aside of the debate at one point I genuinely believe he is trolling and looking for bites.

I don't really think that the Malky Vs Bams who still can't resist replying thing is that good a representation of the subforum at large. He has for oh I don't know 3, 4, 5 months or so posted essentially the same stuff over and over in this thread. For whatever reason a small group of posters enjoy being wound up by this and take the bait over and over again. It's just standard issue trolling. Like going to an electric cars forum and saying it's not saving the planet because they get their electricity from coal power stations or whatever.

There are people on here who are anti independence and can articulate why without it turning into the above (actually Detournement does this of all people) and there are plenty of people who are critical of the SNP across a wide range of topics. That lots of those critical voices still support independence doesn't negate this.

This.

As someone who was on the other side of the argument I always felt I could make my point and have a genuine discussion - Malky doesn't discuss but runs when he is pulled up for downright lies.

This "getting on with the day job" nonsense is the biggest red getting ever.

Do you hear people tell Johnson to get on with the day job because he is so focused on Brexit?

You have also clearly missed most of Malky's posts - it isn't debate or discussion but cut and paste from Unionist sites.

As someone who actually was on the other aside of the debate at one point I genuinely believe he is trolling and looking for bites.

Not sure boris is the best comparison there. Brexit is a big part of his day job having been elected largely to deliver it.
The getting on with the day job stuff thrown at the SNP is nonsense though.

Malky is like the loons who post nonsensical pro-brexit, anti-EU, anti-SNP comments on sites such as the Daily Express, the Daily Mail and the Daily Telegraph. They are just spouting xenophobic, monarchist and little Englander drivel with no knowledge of whatever they are talking about, be it WTO rules, coloured passports, foreigners 'being allowed to stay illegally', the Barnett formula, (that's a real favourite) etc, etc etc.

It boils my piss when similar shite is aired on TV and radio but the nutters are rarely called out on their lies and/or erroneous beliefs.

Some even get their own shows.

I will take no pleasure in seeing the UK crash. 

I will take great pleasure in hearing the bleatings of these poor little lambs when things do not go as they imagined they would.

Here endeth my fcking rant.    (for now)

Not sure boris is the best comparison there. Brexit is a big part of his day job having been elected largely to deliver it.
The getting on with the day job stuff thrown at the SNP is nonsense though.
One could argue that many people vote SNP to deliver independence.

The "day job" point is spurious indeed - if anyone thinks that Nicola Sturgeon only ever talks about independence and Boris only ever talks about Brexit then then they are deluded in the extreme.

2 hours ago, Bula Bairn said:

More people have. Indy was polling around 25% pre indy ref hence we were "allowed" one.  SNP now has a bigger vote share than Boris Johnson.  

If unionists want to reverse that trend then they need to start convincing more people about Westminster and Brexit otherwise their 'cause' is finished. 

Sorry what! I think this needs fact checked. The SNP has a bigger vote share than Boris Johnson? 

The SNP vote share in the General Election was 3.9%

The Conservative vote share in the same election was 43.6%. 

Perhaps you are being literal. Maybe you mean over Boris Johnsons constituency where people can actually vote for him versus Scotland where people can actually vote for the SNP?

Boris Johnson vote share - 52.6%

SNP vote share - 45% 

Oh dear. Looks like Bula Bairn was spouting a load of shite. Another Nationalist liar

44 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Malky is like the loons who post nonsensical pro-brexit, anti-EU, anti-SNP comments on sites such as the Daily Express, the Daily Mail and the Daily Telegraph. They are just spouting xenophobic, monarchist and little Englander drivel with no knowledge of whatever they are talking about, be it WTO rules, coloured passports, foreigners 'being allowed to stay illegally', the Barnett formula, (that's a real favourite) etc, etc etc.

It boils my piss when similar shite is aired on TV and radio but the nutters are rarely called out on their lies and/or erroneous beliefs.

Some even get their own shows.

I will take no pleasure in seeing the UK crash. 

I will take great pleasure in hearing the bleatings of these poor little lambs when things do not go as they imagined they would.

Here endeth my fcking rant.    (for now)

Oh dear! 

There is absolutely nothing that is xenophobic, monarchist or little Englander about my posts. Not a thing. 

But here is what I find incredulous. You are accusing people of doing exactly what your own side does and yet you seem completely blind to it. 

For example on Thursday night Alyn Smith was down in Liverpool on Question Time trying to tell a UK National audience that the SNP is a friend of England, that Liverpool is practically his home, and that the Scottish NHS is a shining beacon for us all to behold. Fiona Bruce to her credit did call out his lies but no-one really nailed him to the wall like they should have done. It was, ofcourse utter drivel from the Scottish Nationalist. 

Your final statement about taking great pleasure in things not going was well as they thought it would sums you and a lot of your Nationalist friends up. You wish ill on all who didn't vote your way and that includes countless Scots who the SNP like to kid on they represent at Westminster. 

9 hours ago, Dougie82 said:

You seem to be fact resistant and more than a little dense

For there to be a hard border in Ireland Britain has to renege on an already agreed plank of their withdrawal agreement

If the UK show's its word to be worthless that won't be the fault of either the EU or Ireland

You seem to have lost the plot in terms of the news. We have a Withdrawal Agreement which outlines the framework for the negotiations for Brexit. We still do not have a deal on what the future trading agreement will be. There is still a very strong prospect of a No Deal Brexit - something the SNP are still scathing about when they talk about Johnsons desire to put a time limit on negotiations at the end of 2020. 

If there is no trade agreement in place then the EU will demand a hard border in Ireland despite neither the UK or Ireland wanting one. Ireland say they will vote against it, effectively blocking it, but the EU will attempt to force it through regardless. 

Can people stop quoting Malky, he's nothing but a compulsive liar and a dribbling simpleton. As I have him on ignore, which greatly enhances my forum experience I may add, quoting him means I'm subjected to his rambling pish.