When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
17 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
EOWcYKEW4AY3QZF?format=png%26name=small&key=eb1fb3e089ccdc873027aac1c9bf0ad73c9b4f0eda205d5bcc7e5715f69c2e07
Can't argue with that.

As he wasn't an MSP in 2014 (elected on the Glasgow list in 2016) is this a real post?

It's a real post and still exists, it pops up when you google the tweet.

Edited by harry94

17 minutes ago, harry94 said:

It's a real post and still exists, it pops up when you google the tweet.

not only that I distinctly remember him talking about it on TV shortly after the referendum. I  remember him talking about the No vote should not be taken triumphantly and that it was a No vote with responsibility to understand Scotland nearly chose to be a separate state.  I actually thought, fair enough.  That's a fair comment.  Accept the result and it's upto people show a strong Scottish voice in the union.

Completely irrelevant now they've decided they don't need to win any arguments for 30/40 years regardless of Scottish opinion.

20 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

When they're still saying no and we're polling in the mid 50s

This rejection isn't just for headlines this month.  It is very difficult now for the Tories to back down.  It puts a vote somewhere into the distance, which is exactly what you want if independence by large majority (97 Parliament levels) is the goal.

Obviously the swing side is the main vehicle, the SNP, will eventually become naturally unpopular and what the Tories are banking on.  

In some ways, it's made independence more likely but only in the long term.  I'd rather win independence with over 55% of the vote than on 51%.  Most younger people think it's normal to support independence.  It's not like rejecting a vote stops the issue.  

3 minutes ago, PB4U said:

That Rebecca (dont know her full name)  leading at the first stage of Labour leadership's good news given she said she wouldn't block indyref2.   

To be fair, what she will or won't do about indy2 is largely irrelevant as she'll never get near having a say. Labour are so far behind in England - and gone in Scotland - that they're probably 3 leaders away from carrying influence. The only exception to that is whether the election of someone who thinks like that might tip more labour voters towards favouring an indy2 stance. Debatable - old Foulkes is not for turning anyway!

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

How the f**k can there be at least half the voting population still wanting to be part of the right wing shit show that is the UK?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nationalist whose head has gone as the majority of Scots continue to say No. 

Pleasing. 

That Rebecca (dont know her full name)  leading at the first stage of Labour leadership's good news given she said she wouldn't block indyref2.   

I mean, she won’t get the power anyway because there’s zero chance Labour win an election with her as leader.

4 hours ago, Donathan said:

I mean, she won’t get the power anyway because there’s zero chance Labour win an election with her as leader.

Absolutely. This is the woman who doesn't know how to write her own name. 

She recently dropped the use of the hyphen in her surname - no doubt because some people still see hyphenated names as posh and that's not the market she's aiming for. A journalist asked her about it and she said that her name shouldn't be hyphenated. Then it was pointed out to her that she had hyphenated her name on her own Twitter account and then she backtracked to say that actually her name should have a hyphen in it. 

All I can say if t nationalists are reduced to hoping that Rebecca Long-Bailey will become Labour Leader and offer a second Scottish Independence Referendum they must be unbelievably desperate. 

I also had a wee chuckle at Alyn Smith having a go at Boris Johnson on Question Time tonight claiming Johnson isn't to be trusted because he promises everything. Everything except Indy Ref 2 apparently. And then he had the cheek to claim he is a "friend of England". What a fanny! 

In Scotlnd you have a choice, you are either pro Indy or your not, there is no middle ground. Fannies like Leanord and wee Willie Rennie are not an option unless you get one in a lucky bag. It's a straight shoot out between Tories and SNP now. Yoons either stop lying to themselves and accept the  right wing pro xenophobic Tory  britnat view or accept the I like internationalism which willnae happen unless Scotland is free option. Too many red tories are fucking up our freedom.