When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

There has certainly been a very dangerous ramping up of rhetoric that has been going on since before the General Election. 

It's not as if I would ever have voted for the SNP anyway, but the growing number of  Nationalists who insist on going down this more extremist route are only going to further entrench opinions against Scottish Independence. After all how the hell could I vote for Scottish Independence when a proportion of their number believe I, as a Tory voter, should be hunted out of my country as a traitor. 

This SIU clownshoe is one of the worse for trying to stir shite. There have been loads of shit from Britnats trying to ramp up extremists with their come hither loyalist shite. Nazi salutes and calls to arms on football sites just after the referendum.   Adam Tompkins talking about being staunch yesterday, some failed tory candidate saying she should get the vote in larkhall cause shes a sevco fan. Murdo forever posting pish. A coordinated social media meltdown over Irish folk marching on Saturday and having 1 banner amoung about 80k they disagreed with so then trying to make out the Indy movement out as some sort of dissident republicans cause with a smattering of class war loonballs.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

No. Unless there was a real denial of democracy. We still haven't reached that imo because there's still not a consistent and clear majority in favour of independence in any polls or elections AFAIK. Scraping just over 50% occasionally isn't good enough.

Hopefully Bojo's tactics and Brexit reality will increase support for independence but at the moment it's still too evenly divided.

Not sure if you were being serious.

I was being serious.  It was a question I’ve asked before and, understandably, people are reluctant to address.

The point you raise about the level of support is very important, however it is undermined by the fact that percentage of people who voted SNP and Greens in Scotland this time around is larger than the percentage the Tories got UK wide.

I have no desire to see the need for such action but I can see it happening in time if people think their democratic rights are being trampled on.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I'd like to see non-violent demonstrations outside Number 10 - maybe on a similar scale to the climate change protesters, and hopefully causing some major disruption in and around that area.

As Nicola asked this morning : Who should get to take a decision on this issue - the people of Scotland or Boris fucking Johnson? 

Sounds like a good idea - a bit like Robert the Bruce, We all know how Scotland loves it's 700 year old arguments. 

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Serious question.  If people feel they are denied their democratic rights is it beyond believe that some will feel justified in taking direct action?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aye, a definite ramping up of rhetoric to sinister levels. Fortunately at least 55% of Scotland aren't knuckle scrapers.  

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I'd like to see non-violent demonstrations outside Number 10 - maybe on a similar scale to the climate change protesters, and hopefully causing some major disruption in and around that area.

As Nicola asked this morning : Who should get to take a decision on this issue - the people of Scotland or Boris fucking Johnson? 

Did she actually say "Boris fucking Johnson"?