When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

It's the second time it's been refused, formally or otherwise. For a leadership under pressure to have a plan B, to say you anticipated this and then not react immediately seems weak to me.

Nope.  It hasn't been formally requested - Nicola Sturgeon requested talks on implementing a section 30 and May never replied other than "Now is not the time" soundbites. My guess is that plan B kicks in when we're officially removed from the EU, which is why they waited so long to request the S30. The constant delays to that make it look like the Scottish Government is twiddling it's thumbs. That's my theory, anyway.

3 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Still true more than a year later.

His view? 

Really.

Here's page 1 of the White Paper produced by the SNP to lay out their plans for an Independent Scotland

image.thumb.png.9e1825cdcadaafbe7d8fc3b05843ba6d.png

Let's try this another way. The SNP claim that there was a fundamental change in the offering from the Union with regard to the EU. But lets say the SNP had succeeded in 2014 in winning a Yes vote on the back of this White Paper. Would they be keen to allow Unionists a second referendum on the back of the realisation that the Oil Tax Revenue figures were a pile of shite, that arguments that Scotland would have everything we were used to but a lower tax rate was fantasist shite, and that the prospect of an open border with England - as promised - was going to be denied to us as England left the EU and we remained (like Ireland) 

Edited by Malky3

He said No. So what are AUOB probably going to do? March then march again and again and again....

Westminster don't give a shite about a march hundreds of miles away, if they even know it's going on at all.

This needs to move in a different direction, @Henderson to deliver ..... I have pm'd you the next steps...

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

So Johnson says no.  Time for the Kalashnikovs?

Maybe that's why the Natters met with IRA/Sinn Fein last week?  Bit of gun running across the Irish Sea?  

Who are you going to shoot?  Start with the English?  Pipe bombs at the Tunnock's factory?

Good to see the civic Nationalism going so well...

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Maybe that's why the Natters met with IRA/Sinn Fein last week?  Bit of gun running across the Irish Sea?  

Who are you going to shoot?  Start with the English?  Pipe bombs at the Tunnock's factory?

Good to see the civic Nationalism going so well...

Why do you think Harry is moving to Canada? He kens Deeside is first.

Can somebody please just admit they're starting a Scottish army of some sort so Kinky can relax for the night?

Sign me up as a spy. I was born and brought up Darn Sarf and, dash it all, a chap can slip back into the accent when required, what.

I’m quietly relieved there was no section 30 granted (even if the chances were very slim in the first place)

Johnston really should have gambled it and went balls out with the whole “SNP bad”, “Stronger Together” rhetoric from 2014 in the hope it would work again.

In all honesty we would have voted No again, IMO. Delaying it, whilst diminishing funding to Scottish Government, further cuts to the welfare state etc will only add fuel to the fire.

He has settled the case for me. Can see SNP absolutely romping the 2021 and 2025 elections, respectively, and a section 30 order being granted sometime after with a referendum held anywhere between 2028-2030. By that time I’ll be nearly 35. Jesus fucking wept.

The result should be a handsome 60+ for indy if this is the case.

I’m quietly relieved there was no section 30 granted (even if the chances were very slim in the first place)

Johnston really should have gambled it and went balls out with the whole “SNP bad”, “Stronger Together” rhetoric from 2014 in the hope it would work again.

In all honesty we would have voted No again, IMO. Delaying it, whilst diminishing funding to Scottish Government, further cuts to the welfare state etc will only add fuel to the fire.

He has settled the case for me. Can see SNP absolutely romping the 2021 and 2025 elections, respectively, and a section 30 order being granted sometime after with a referendum held anywhere between 2028-2030. By that time I’ll be nearly 35. Jesus fucking wept.

Pretty much how I see it, although I think there'll be another Indyref before 2028. It's a myopic decision from Johnson, the longer this drags on the more likely a Yes victory. He just doesn't want it on his watch.

27 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

That might mean Sturgeon is an old woman when we finally succeed.

As old as Alec Salmond's old wife?

Ooft. We may have to rethink this.

40 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
49 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Pretty much how I see it, although I think there'll be another Indyref before 2028. It's a myopic decision from Johnson, the longer this drags on the more likely a Yes victory. He just doesn't want it on his watch.

Boris needs five years to see how Brexit goes - and that's only fair.  If it's a farce and we have economic torpor (at best) then Independence will be much easier.

What the Natters do over the next five years is more interesting.  Right now they seem to want independence based on cocktail stick Union Flags in horse jobbies and "Tory c***s" placards.

If the SNP actually grows up and becomes a party of government rather than a party of dissent then it could be troubling times for Scotland's Unionists.

If we're pinning hopes of an indyref on 2021 then it's worth reminding ourselves how hard it will be for the SNP to get a majority. Anything less will be dressed up as a rejection of independence. If 2021 allowed for tactical list voting then we could see more Green MSP's along with independents(?) and, dare I say it, Wings (?!?!) MSP's. If an SNP majority, rather than an independence one, is required then it becomes far more difficult and more easily exploited.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I’m not confident we’d win an indyref next year. Boris should have gambled and grant it. He’s just delayed the inevitable for me now.

No chance of a leave the UK vote winning at the moment. 

Why do the SNP  persist on this nonsense? 

Well they are a one trick Pony Party.

I believe in the once in a Generation vote but I'm tempted to think we should have one.

But only if Nippy resigned on the inevitable and resounding remain vote and buggered of to some remote Desert Island. 

Preferably not on the Northern Hemisphere. 

8 hours ago, Ross. said:

The whole fracking thing in the US seemed to help prop things up for a bit but that's not looking good long term as far as I can see. Probably a good part of the reason that the recent hostilities in Iran kicked off in the way they did.

Yeh, a high oil price helps the US as they're now a net exporter of oil. It makes me wonder if they (the bankers) are preparing to hit the reset button and introduce some form of global currency or crypto currency. Hence why I bought some gold and silver with my savings back in 2018.

10 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

No chance of a leave the UK vote winning at the moment. 

Why do the SNP  persist on this nonsense? 

Well they are a one trick Pony Party.

I believe in the once in a Generation vote but I'm tempted to think we should have one.

But only if Nippy resigned on the inevitable and resounding remain vote and buggered of to some remote Desert Island. 

Preferably not on the Northern Hemisphere. 

Utter pish. What happened today is an admission by the britnats that they would lose. Otherwise the Blonde dictator would have jumped at the chance for a referendum.

They have lost the argument and so now the scumbags turn fascist and deny democracy. It's that simple.

There is now no apparent way for Scotland to democratically achieve independence. Let that sink in and understand that once the dust settles, today is the day the idea of a voluntary union of partnership will really have died for many Scots.

The Britnats and their pathetic wee lacky  nawbag enablers will now lie, cheat and ultimately bully and coerce to keep their sticky mits on Scotland for as long as possible.

But ultimately they have lost.

5 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

There is now no apparent way for Scotland to democratically achieve independence. Let that sink in and understand that once the dust settles, today is the day the idea of a voluntary union of partnership will really have died for many Scots.

Only because the quiet people of Scotland said 'No Thanks'.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Only because the quiet people of Scotland said 'No Thanks'.

Agree. The group think mentality and voter shaming won't change peoples opinions. They'll just not engage in a discussion about independence.