When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Drumstick said:

The claim is you're perpetually incorrect.    

You strike me as the perfect poster boy for SIU.   The Yes campaign has been bobbins but its the likes of you that will make Yes happen.   

Ach rubbish! 

First off whilst my knowledge and posts are not 100% correct all the time - neither are the majority of posts made by the hordes on here - as has been proven beyond all doubt many, many times over. I doubt this website has any political experts on it - if they do exist they certainly aren't prevalent on these pages. 

As for your second comment - that truly is hyperbolic bullshit. The majority that was in favour of remaining in the UK Union in 2014 was just short of 400,000. To suggest that one confirmed Tory posting on the politics pages of a shitty Scottish Football Forum where there are around 30 users reading the pages avidly enough to see all of the comments has the power to swing that majority either way is just nonsense. It's even more nonsensical when your claim is made where 27 of those users are already of the deeply brainwashed Nationalist variety. 

16 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

^^^ great post IDB. Especially agree that we need to get the radical indy folks to get to, they were a very polarising force last time and as you say put off many small c conservative types. I see a Scotland run along a fair minded centrist route similar to Scandinavian countries, it works well for them and would appeal to a broad spectrum of Scotland’s voters.

It's not just the radicals, although they are the most vocal, it's anyone that "voter shames". As we've seen in the recent GE and with Trump in the US, all this does is disengage most people of the opposing view from any form of debate and with that the opportunity to change their opinion.

I disagree with you regarding Centrism as I'm of the opinion that globalist, neoliberalist centrism has sleepwalked us into the Worldwide situation we currently find ourselves in, resulting in the rise of the far left and right. Each to their own though.

I have to say the yoons on here are terrific value. We have Kincy who gets wasted every night and posts attention-seeking drivel across the Politics forum, previously-banned racist Stu/Malky who's fairly obvious tactic is to post so many lies that no one with any semblance of an existence could, or indeed should be bothered unravelling them all, and Mintermind who just follows the pair of them around like a wee puppy. 

Tremendous. 

5 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Ach rubbish! 

First off whilst my knowledge and posts are not 100% correct all the time - neither are the majority of posts made by the hordes on here - as has been proven beyond all doubt many, many times over. I doubt this website has any political experts on it - if they do exist they certainly aren't prevalent on these pages. 

As for your second comment - that truly is hyperbolic bullshit. The majority that was in favour of remaining in the UK Union in 2014 was just short of 400,000. To suggest that one confirmed Tory posting on the politics pages of a shitty Scottish Football Forum where there are around 30 users reading the pages avidly enough to see all of the comments has the power to swing that majority either way is just nonsense. It's even more nonsensical when your claim is made where 27 of those users are already of the deeply brainwashed Nationalist variety. 

Grossly exaggerated bollox. 

Edited by cyderspaceman

1 hour ago, sjc said:

It's not just the radicals, although they are the most vocal, it's anyone that "voter shames". As we've seen in the recent GE and with Trump in the US, all this does is disengage most people of the opposing view from any form of debate and with that the opportunity to change their opinion.

I disagree with you regarding Centrism as I'm of the opinion that globalist, neoliberalist centrism has sleepwalked us into the Worldwide situation we currently find ourselves in, resulting in the rise of the far left and right. Each to their own though.

I must ask, where is the so-called far left on the rise? All I can see is the rise of the oppressive right.

9 hours ago, Malky3 said:

True - I did. However I didn't for the purpose of the percentage calculation. The SNP polled down 15% in 2019 on their 2015 results. Support is ebbing away. 

How do you know that any Indy Ref 2 would start from a far higher point? It could be 30 years till Indy Ref 2 by which time the UK economy will be one of the biggest, diverse and booming in the world, and Scots would have to be mentally deranged to back a government proposing we be financed by a failing oil dependent economy. 

Yes, because by that time the UK will be part of the EU again, as will Scotland.

( UK being England and Wales)

Edited by cyderspaceman

Malksoft back to bitching about how much he dislikes Pie & Bovril again, I see.

You can only feel sympathy. I know I'd be miserable if someone was forcing me to use his favoured sounding boards, like the BBC and YouTube comments sections.

17 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Why? The only place I can think of that has elected a leftist recently is Croatia.

You're probably right in terms of who holds power.

But I think sjc made a fair point in that the world has become far more polarised following a period of centrist politics. Blair vs Major is quite different to Corbyn vs Johnson in terms of the distance between their views if you see what I mean. I think social media has also played a part in that polarisation.

My point to Cyderspace was more that someone who is far left/right probably doesn't see themselves as having extreme views and would see the opposition as extremists.

10 hours ago, Malky3 said:

True - I did. However I didn't for the purpose of the percentage calculation. The SNP polled down 15% in 2019 on their 2015 results. Support is ebbing away. 

How do you know that any Indy Ref 2 would start from a far higher point? It could be 30 years till Indy Ref 2 by which time the UK economy will be one of the biggest, diverse and booming in the world, and Scots would have to be mentally deranged to back a government proposing we be financed by a failing oil dependent economy. 

30 years -  even you don't believe that! :rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You're probably right in terms of who holds power.

But I think sjc made a fair point in that the world has become far more polarised following a period of centrist politics. Blair vs Major is quite different to Corbyn vs Johnson in terms of the distance between their views if you see what I mean. I think social media has also played a part in that polarisation.

My point to Cyderspace was more that someone who is far left/right probably doesn't see themselves as having extreme views and would see the opposition as extremists.

Definitely. I also think that globalist neoliberalist centrist Politics of the last 20-30years has left far too many people behind, and not just in the 3rd World either. E.G : NAFTA in the US, The EU & the IMF/World Bank terms has helped the polarisation too.

Edited by sjc

3 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I have to say the yoons on here are terrific value. We have Kincy who gets wasted every night and posts attention-seeking drivel across the Politics forum, previously-banned racist Stu/Malky who's fairly obvious tactic is to post so many lies that no one with any semblance of an existence could, or indeed should be bothered unravelling them all, and Mintermind who just follows the pair of them around like a wee puppy. 

Tremendous. 

Hey, it worked for Better Together.

To absolutely no-one's surprise, Boris says no, and rejects the call for a S30 order in the briefest of letters. It doesn't matter that "once in a generation" is taken out of context, doesn't matter that he chooses to ignore the "change in material circumstance". We live in a political climate that doesn't do nuance and isn't that bothered by deceit and criminality.

Your move, Holyrood. This is an absolute bind.

EOPKrEwXUAAvBkN-1.thumb.png.2b1e3fedc78e6d12d726cacb5992819c.png

2 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

To absolutely no-one's surprise, Boris says no, and rejects the call for a S30 order in the briefest of letters. It doesn't matter that "once in a generation" is taken out of context, doesn't matter that he chooses to ignore the "change in material circumstance". We live in a political climate that doesn't do nuance and isn't that bothered by deceit and criminality.

As you say, to the surprise of no one.

As to Nicola's response I'd like to see massive protests throughout Scotland taking place on January 31st - the date when Boris is planning to celebrate the UK's exit from the EU. The date when Scots will be stripped of their EU citizenship against their will.

18 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Didn’t the fat c**t make a personal promise to “die in a ditch” rather than delay Brexit beyond Halloween 2019? Why is he still alive?

As you say, to the surprise of no one.
As to Nicola's response I'd like to see massive protests throughout Scotland taking place on January 31st - the date when Boris is planning to celebrate the UK's exit from the EU. The date when Scots will be stripped of their EU citizenship against their will.
Agree, I would also like to see some strong acceptance from EU top figures regarding and independent Scotland's application being fastracked. Appreciate they can do nothing now until post Jan 31st.