When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Some new ideas are needed. Marching from A to B (particularly in yesterday's howling conditions) is very admirable but theatre becomes tiresome when it has no content, ultimately. This is the most hard right and dictatorial government in our lifetimes. The idea that they'll play along politely and "respect democracy" when the democratic outcome appears not their their liking is just laughable.

They don't have to pay attention to this stuff, and they won't. The SNP's move, really.

I watched some footage from yesterday's march and it was excerably embarrassing.  Lots of jimmy bunnet clad gonks getting Glengarried up and hating The English and The Tories as per.  Pics of a wee Union Flag placed atop a horse jobby with cretins taking pics of it in some sort of triumph.  Lots of Irish tricolours around and banners declaiming support for Irish unity as well as at least one banner with an INLA symbol.  Add that to the SNP MPs having a photo-op with IRA/Sinn Fein during the week and it's clear that Scotland's independence movement is going awry.

I've been derided for it before but I will say it again:  Scottish independence can't be trusted to the partizan xenophobes of the SNP.  If, as you said, a new idea is needed, then it has to be placed in the hands of those whose priority is social and economic development rather than LCD factionalism.

22 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Should get the SNP MPs to single out a Tory and just kick f**k out of them each week.

16 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Saves time for everybody else.

13 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

A Tory mp or just some guy off the street?

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
13 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:
A Tory mp or just some guy off the street?

Could start with the Falkirk fan on here.

10 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

MP, maybe an exception for Dominic Cummings. Mhairi Black would fold him in half.

The Scotch.  Kicking their way to independence since 2014...

44 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I watched some footage from yesterday's march and it was excerably embarrassing.  Lots of jimmy bunnet clad gonks getting Glengarried up and hating The English and The Tories as per.  Pics of a wee Union Flag placed atop a horse jobby with cretins taking pics of it in some sort of triumph.  Lots of Irish tricolours around and banners declaiming support for Irish unity as well as at least one banner with an INLA symbol.  Add that to the SNP MPs having a photo-op with IRA/Sinn Fein during the week and it's clear that Scotland's independence movement is going awry.

I've been derided for it before but I will say it again:  Scottish independence can't be trusted to the partizan xenophobes of the SNP.  If, as you said, a new idea is needed, then it has to be placed in the hands of those whose priority is social and economic development rather than LCD factionalism.

The Kincardine: personally offended by the Scots since 1690.

Anybody got any Rangers sheets for when Kinky and Nigel are hiding out in my attic? Old club or new would be fine, I'm sure.

I like to make my guests feel at home.

45 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I doubt even Kinc even believes his own words when he tries to push the independence movement as some sort of aggressive cause akin to his favoured right wing politics. Just ignore the guy.

Yet, Gammonballs, we've had in this very subforum a thread proponing the idea of murdering people in order to further the cause of the Natterati.  You'll be familiar with the notion as your set of sorry fans also favour the bullet over the ballot box and, as I said earlier, The Scot Nats and the South Ireland Nats are moving much closer together to the shame of us all.

By way of contrast, the most militant I have been in my 16 years on P&B is vaunting one flower over another:

8 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

You can hide in my attic when the ScotsNatzis come for you, Nigel.

These Tory death camps That Woman has planned for the poor Tories are beyond the pale.

Some utter muppet actually suggested this in the i letters page last week. Apparently once Indy is achieved, any Tories or general dissenters will rounded up like the Uighurs and forcibly 're-educated'. Closest I've ever come to writing to a national newspaper to complain. 

17 minutes ago, Utter Roaster said:

Some utter muppet actually suggested this in the i letters page last week. Apparently once Indy is achieved, any Tories or general dissenters will rounded up like the Uighurs and forcibly 're-educated'. Closest I've ever come to writing to a national newspaper to complain. 

This doesn't surprise me and is entirely consonant with every Nationalist movement in history.

It's all about grievance and identity.