When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have you came across a single "i'll vote NO again" demanding another referendum?
I sure haven't.
No probably not. Will be interesting to see a poll specifically on Scottish independence though. I firmly believe that many in Scotland still don't grasp the fact we are leaving the EU on 31st Jan. Think when this actually happens we might see some positive movement

7 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
11 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:
Have you came across a single "i'll vote NO again" demanding another referendum?
I sure haven't.

No probably not. Will be interesting to see a poll specifically on Scottish independence though. I firmly believe that many in Scotland still don't grasp the fact we are leaving the EU on 31st Jan. Think when this actually happens we might see some positive movement

We won't get anymore straight YES/NO polls. They'll attempt to complicate them in order to fudge the figures.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 hours ago, BawWatchin said:
51.7% in favour 48.3% against when "too stupid to know" is removed.
I don't care tbh. 50.00001% of the vote will do.

But that's only who favour a referendum, not those who would vote yes

Trying to think of any little subgroups who's answer to "should there be a referendum?" would differ from actual voting intention:

- Unionists who believe that Scotland has the right to self-determination but are ultimately better off in the union (See some comments from SLab talking heads this week)

- Nationalists who don't think yes can win just yet and are waiting for some unspecified future date (can't be many of these left now)

- Unionists who want a referendum to truly kill the issue off for a generation

Ultimately though I'd expect 90%+ correlation between people's answers to the two questions. Those who want a referendum will vote Yes if there is one, and those arguing against one would vote No.

This whole pish about once in a generation, which even if it is referred to in some literature completely ignores the fact that during indy ref a significant number voted no for reasons that are redundant now, mainly EU membership. Since 2016 the SNP have said a change in ‘material circumstance’ would justify a further referendum and included it in every single manifesto for the elections, all of which they have resoundingly won. But aye please tell me more about how we have no mandate.
The more the unionists mention this "once in a generation" bullshit, the more it just reeks of desperation.

11 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Heard a funny story the other day. Apparently wee nicola is a lesbian and has a secret bird. She is going to leave the snp next year to move to holland to be with this bird. Would be funny if true

Heard that story from a couple of different folk, no idea how and why it got started.

42 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Heard a funny story the other day. Apparently wee nicola is a lesbian and has a secret bird. She is going to leave the snp next year to move to holland to be with this bird. Would be funny if true

I heard that you’re the “secret bird”.  Would be funny if true.

Mike Russelll was on the Today show for about 5 mins there getting them telt over Indy. The yoons attack seems to be going to be down to hard borders. He said if Scotland rejoin and England tries to block trading then EU would support Scotland if it's a member and that the tories already said they are commited to free trade with EU. 

10 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Mike Russelll was on the Today show for about 5 mins there getting them telt over Indy. The yoons attack seems to be going to be down to hard borders. He said if Scotland rejoin and England tries to block trading then EU would support Scotland if it's a member and that the tories already said they are commited to free trade with EU. 

The BritNats need to be battered with this at every opportunity. They cannot get away with simultaneously claiming that post-Brexit UK will trade freely and gloriously with the EU and that if Scotland chooses the EU over the UK, it will mean huge barriers to trade with the former. 

Edited by Antlion

Interesting how many posters are totally freaking the f**k out about Scottish independence right now, considering there will absolutely, definitely not be another referendum any time soon, and that there's no chance of a Yes majority anyway.

I think this must be the vile cybernat wing of the SNP I've heard so much about, pretending to be Unionists. Actual pro-union posters would surely have the cigars out for the next five/ten years, at least.