When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

Cannot see how Scots that vote for unionist parties can be proud to be honest.  Why are they proud of Westminster having control over their own country Scotland?

A vote for any unionist party is a vote for English nationalism. 

Have I just woke up and it's really 1319?

You'd want the Brussels crooks over Westminster crooks?

Aye, true independence

5 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

46% is larger than 43% :1eye

Remove "don't knows" and you get 51.7% in favour 48.3% against.

A majority.

Clutching at straws - get real man.  It would be a disaster for Scotland for a marginal victory for independence.  Society would be badly damaged.  A real strategy would surely be based on producing consistent support of say 60% plus for independence in credible polls and to do that you need to clearly demonstrate why independence is the best option - you need a broad church of support not the Jeremy Corbyn style of narrow fundamentialism.  To coin a phrase you need to build a One Nation approach that gets real buy in and not by hectoring and calling other Scots 'Yoons' etc. 

24 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

That's not a majority

It is a clear lead and if the Scotsman's headline says majority , then it must be accurate?  On your logic would you agree  the UK figure shows there is not a majority against it? I hear a Republican  on U.S  TV say that opinion polls on Trump's  impeachment don't matter and I tend to agree and don't get worked up about them

I wonder if Kincardines utter tryhard routine across multiple political threads is indicative of yoons like him starting to wake up to the realities of the situation in Scotland, or if it is just his preferred mode of attention seeking for the moment?

I like to think him and those like him are thrashing around the place seething at the prospect of the apron strings being cut.

18 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

The "Natters" (your description, not mine) have been celebrating the fact that there are English people amongst us that want Independence for Scotland too. 

Well certainly not on P&B.  

We've had one highly respected poster talking of a Scotland, "flooded with English incomers...holding our nation back" and, "transplanting a vote into Scotland.".

We've had another starting a thread to encourage a provo-equivalent Scottish Republican Army, stating, "Time to pick up arms and fight for our freedom" is what he said.  Who does he want to kill in the name of the Natters?  The English?  Pipe bombs at Ibrox?  Semtex in shopping centres?  A truly outstanding piece of vicious shite yet he's still posting. 

It's been a shocking few days for you empty-headed Yessers.

Just now, Chapelhall chap said:

It is a clear lead and if the Scotsman's headline says majority , then it must be accurate?  On your logic would you agree  the UK figure shows there is not a majority against it? I hear a Republican  on U.S  TV say that opinion polls on Trump's  impeachment don't matter and I tend to agree and don't get worked up about them

There is a marginal 3% lead but not a majority.  The UK figures show a much more significant lead - wouldn't get worked about a poll like this which is talking about Ref2 at some unknown date could be 3 months or 30 years

31 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

It isn't - it  is just as valid as being a Fifer or a European - indeed on here folks keep telling us that Britain is the island we live on and the various peoples on that island are British

To be correct, if we are taking about historical geographical designations, people from Scotland simply cannot be British....

Britain refers to the Southern part of the island. That part that was under Roman hedgemony and was known as the province of Britannia.

Only when the free lands to the North of the wall are included does the island become known as Great Britain.

The Scots then can properly be termed  "the Great British" as opposed to just the British, like all them in the South.

3 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

There is a marginal 3% lead but not a majority.  The UK figures show a much more significant lead - wouldn't get worked about a poll like this which is talking about Ref2 at some unknown date could be 3 months or 30 years

Your analysis is now accurate on the Scottish figure and I am sure you also now agree that the bigger lead across the UK is still, in your words, not a majority. I also agree about not getting worked up.

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Right. That's quite difficult for a unionist to deal with. An increasingly large group of people who feel a sense of belonging with one nationality and not with another. It's well encapsulated by the Fennoman movement of the 19th century:

No its not difficult for a unionist to deal with - just like Anti Niemmi getting picked for Scotland