When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Stinky Bone said:

Cannot see how Scots that vote for unionist parties can be proud to be honest.  Why are they proud of Westminster having control over their own country Scotland?

A vote for any unionist party is a vote for English nationalism. 

Dear fucking God.  Something bad happened to The Natters on Thursday.  Maybe it's all these years of trying to contain their 'I hate the English' mindset finally got too much for them and they can no longer pretend.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I've been saying this for years but it appears the lessons of 2014 don't want to be learned.

All this talk of an inclusive nationalism is all well and good but then you hear the same people talking about "thick English c***s" and you realise exactly what you are looking at.

Good luck trying to persuade anyone on here to recognise the value of winning people to the Yes side of the argument through persuasion rather than name-calling and abuse.

Engaging with real people in real discussion should not be confused with insulting trolling wankers like you online.

On 14/12/2019 at 22:05, Merkland Red said:

General Elections are usually supposed to happen every 5 years. How many have we had since the last referendum?

In the USA their President is in office for 4 years, they have a written constitution.

The UK does not have a written constitution and our Pm can be in office no more than 5 years.

47 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Not really. About certain things Britain has done, sure, but not about being British. There's just nothing about it that makes me care about retaining it as a nationality.

I posted a map a while ago on a thread, maybe this one, where other than London and the east of Northern Ireland, British as a primary identity is vanishingly rare. The English consider themselves English, the Welsh as Welsh, the Scots as Scots. It's a confection as an enduring identity.

It isn't - it  is just as valid as being a Fifer or a European - indeed on here folks keep telling us that Britain is the island we live on and the various peoples on that island are British

3 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

46% isn't that encouraging considering the shit that's being going on. And that's not even those who would vote Yes.

On 14/12/2019 at 22:13, BawWatchin said:

How long is a "proper generation" m8?

The tories called this general election a "once in a generation opportunity". So presumably they're going to prevent any futher general elections for the next 100 years?

Also, if you can find the legal document that states "once in a generation" regarding Scottish referendums, then i'll be interested to see it. Thanks m8.

Firstly, I can use English and not text talk, being able to distinguish the difference between a phone and a laptop. 

In developed nations the average generation length is in the high 20's and has even reached 30 years in some nation so I have no idea where you plucked 100 years from, a lucky bag perhaps?

Can't find the any documentation backing up this, but here is the ugliest woman in politics lending a hand.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

46% isn't that encouraging considering the shit that's being going on. And that's not even those who would vote Yes.

51.7% in favour 48.3% against when "too stupid to know" is removed.

I don't care tbh. 50.00001% of the vote will do.