When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Anyone one saying that the aspirational statement 'a once in a lifetime opportunity' is somehow a watertight, binding, legal promise, is a fucking moron. 

This Yoon lie has been blown out of the water big time, only the fruitloops hold on to it in some kind of desperation. 

Anyone one saying that the aspirational statement 'a once in a lifetime opportunity' is somehow a watertight, binding, legal promise, is a fucking moron. 
This Yoon lie has been blown out of the water big time, only the fruitloops hold on to it in some kind of desperation. 
Not really the fringe fruit loops spouting it though is it. I've seen at least 7 or 8 politicians shouting this exact same shite over the last week.

11 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Simply call them an anglophobe and pretend you've won the argument.

Lets not beat about the bush here,the animosity or ill will has been going on for hundreds of years between the 2 countries.
It never has been or never will be a good relationship, the advantages for the English always outweigh the disadvantages for the Scots.
Waiting for globe warming to separate the 2 countries isn't coming fast enough.

5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Lets not beat about the bush here,the animosity or ill will has been going on for hundreds of years between the 2 countries.
It never has been or never will be a good relationship, the advantages for the English always outweigh the disadvantages for the Scots.
Waiting for globe warming to separate the 2 countries isn't coming fast enough.

Be positive mate. Each passing day the sea rises around the southern border by another 0.01 inch. They're on borrowed time and they know it.

It was I thought supposed to be anti-Westminster but now it's anti- English and anti-pensioner - no more edifying than the views of most of the politicians in recent times. I have no respect for bullying, name calling, spin supposedly in the interests of Scotland - it just isn't and only creates even more division.

2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

It was I thought supposed to be anti-Westminster but now it's anti- English and anti-pensioner - no more edifying than the views of most of the politicians in recent times. I have no respect for bullying, name calling, spin supposedly in the interests of Scotland - it just isn't and only creates even more division.

^^^^ Arsehole.

7 minutes ago, Kejan said:

I probably have one too, but he has a really annoying puss. It doesn't help that it is always mumping too.

Is he a great constitutiency MP? How does he keep getting in? 

They're proper staunch in that 'southern' area of Edinburgh.

^^^^ Arsehole.

A Farage like level of input. The reality is that just badmouthing Britain doesn't really play that well with Scots who have no problem in being both proud Scots and British at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive - and many people are in that category. Thus you won't get them onside and are creating divisions rather than building any consensus unless you recognise that and adopt a more inclusive approach rather than Braveheart/UDI bluster.

I went looking for that article because I wanted to see what exactly Murray thought was a good thing about his part destroying itself again. It's from The Times so it's behind a paywall, but I did find this:

"Scottish Labour was right to “destroy itself” to help save the Union in 2014 and should be prepared to do so again, according to the party’s remaining MP.

Ian Murray argued that it was impossible to take a neutral position on the constitution without it leading to electoral disaster.

Of the seven Scottish seats held by Labour going into last week’s general election, only Mr Murray’s constituency of Edinburgh South was retained. A debate has now started within the party about whether it should back a second independence referendum.

“We want the leader of the Scottish Labour Party to come out strongly on the constitution because if you stand in the middle of the road you are going to get knocked down by a car and that’s the problem that we have always had,” Mr Murray told the BBC’s Good Morning Scotland.

He argued that Labour should campaign for what it believes is best for the country, rather than try to win “a few seats here and there”.

“The Labour Party in 2014 destroyed itself by campaigning for Scotland to stay in the UK because it was the right thing to do and I’m sure the Scottish Labour Party would do the same again,” Mr Murray added."

(https://www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/comments/ece9yc/scottish_labour_mp_ian_murray_its_right_to_fight/)

On the one hand, yes. There's a strong argument that Labour fucked it with the Brexit stance in this election. Fine. There's an even stronger argument that SLab fucked it in 2014 by siding with the Tories. Since then their support has... well, you know, and here's their one shred of relevance left saying they should do it again. I can only assume he's some sort of Dugdale-esque plant, because it's not possible to be this wilfully ignorant.