When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

I've seen three separate hate incidents in England since Boris was elected. It's like Trump with the KKK coming out onto the streets.

You stated that the Yes movement is 'ethno-nationalist' and the best you could come up with is that some, very few, hate the English.

Yet, we march, all different colours and nationalities in our tens of thousands. And, we elected representatives who openly welcome immigrants.

I understand you're bitter but please, don't be ludicrous.

Well said.  I noticed Swinson in her resignation (sorry, I got totally fucked) speech trying to equate Scotland’s civic nationalism to England’s bigoted nationalism.

A lying, duplicitous c**t to the end.

53 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:
Worries me a wee bit as well. Labour could become less pig headed about independence and win a few more seats. Any drop in SNP seats, even say 40 SNP, 13 Labour, 6 Tory would see the media paint it as a massive drop in support for independence, no mandate etc.

Insignificant tbh. Last Thursday was the UK's last ever GE which Scotland will participate in.

Almost certainly not true.

Assuming the Johnson government lasts the 5 year term (well likely 4.5, since they'll probably go for a May election in 2024), and we can assume it will given the size of their majority, Scotland has no route to independence at this time.

The government has confirmed it will not grant a referendum during this term, so the earliest route to one seems to be a hung parliament situation in 2024.

It's possible that we could see the 2021 Scottish elections become a proxy referendum which could see the UK government do a u-turn if there's a stomping SNP/Greens majority (The SNP should consider not running on the list vote) but if that's the case then you're looking at 2022 at the very earliest for a referendum and an independence date itself being sometime around 2025/2026 given the amount of time deal negotiations will take.

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Well said.  I noticed Swinson in her resignation (sorry, I got totally fucked) speech trying to equate Scotland’s civic nationalism to England’s bigoted nationalism.

You will have to try and explain the difference to me.  I can't distinguish between that pair of xenophobes.

54 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Assuming the Johnson government lasts the 5 year term (well likely 4.5, since they'll probably go for a May election in 2024), and we can assume it will given the size of their majority, Scotland has no route to independence at this time.

The government has confirmed it will not grant a referendum during this term, so the earliest route to one seems to be a hung parliament situation in 2024.

It's possible that we could see the 2021 Scottish elections become a proxy referendum which could see the UK government do a u-turn if there's a stomping SNP/Greens majority (The SNP should consider not running on the list vote) but if that's the case then you're looking at 2022 at the very earliest for a referendum and an independence date itself being sometime around 2025/2026 given the amount of time deal negotiations will take.

It's been clear for quite some time, certainly apparent since they got parliament to agree to Scotland's claim of Right, that plans are afoot to circumvent a S30, because the SNP heid yins - who are nae feils after all - know that the Tories will never again let us have a referendum on our terms, so they've been scouring the history books of our Union to fidn the way out.

We'll have a referendum, and it'll be by the end of 2020. 

In other news, surprised to see none of you yet have mentioned Labour throwing in the towel, half a dozen big names today coming out all but saying they'll back YES in indyref 2. Most significant amongst them Dugface & Feil Findlay. 

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

What he said. ^^^

21 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

It's been clear for quite some time, certainly apparent since they got parliament to agree to Scotland's claim of Right, that plans are afoot to circumvent a S30, because the SNP heid yins - who are nae feils after all - know that the Tories will never again let us have a referendum on our terms, so they've been scouring the history books of our Union to fidn the way out.

We'll have a referendum, and it'll be by the end of 2020. 

I'd love it if you were correct but the Tories control us. They will not permit it, hoping it all dies down. 

(Unlike the brexit referendum. Hey, maybe the SNP should hire Farage...)

It annoys me that when a Tory says 'the Scots had their chance, 55/45, once in a generation,  bla bla ', no-one ever counters with the fact that the main 'fear factor' was being out of the EU and brexit wasn't even on the horizon.

36 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

In other news, surprised to see none of you yet have mentioned Labour throwing in the towel, half a dozen big names today coming out all but saying they'll back YES in indyref 2. Most significant amongst them Dugface & Feil Findlay. 

Wouldn't say they came out for Yes more that they are arguing for another referendum and respecting the choice Scottish people make. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Kezia, and others, waking up and smelling the coffee.

She was there with the Tories, spreading lies, drinking champagne, making sure that Scotland's future was not in Scotland's hands. 

F*ck her. 

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Like it or not we need people like her to come to this realisation and it would be better to welcome them. It is frustrating big course that it's taken this to convince them but that is just people for you.

There seems to be genuine contrition and every open heart should be waited upon with a warm embrace

Boris: I will stop EU citizens treating Britain like it's their own home. Nicola: To EU citizens, Scotland is your home and you are welcome here.

Me, an idiot: These two things seem different.

You, an absolute fucking genius: No, they are exactly the same.

The English government forcing their students to pay tuition fees even in Scotland is yet more vile ethno-nationalism from the Scottish government.

I’m taking credit for being part of Rory Scothorne’s Labour for Self Determination open letter despite not even being a member.

Will also be taking credit if the SNP left become more vocal again.

9321F90F-F492-4B98-8471-DCAF90801035-1492-000000E8074C30CF.jpg.8f8d2d5a423a70d44e8383090434347f.jpg

The penny is dropping for a lot of people who maybe are finally realising that a Yes vote isnt a vote for an SNP dictatorship but in fact there will be a political landscape in an Independent Scotland that they can inhabit and make a real difference rsther than forever being an afterthought branch for either Labour or the Tories.

The smart ones will get on the train before it leaves the station and try to get the electorate to view them as someone who desires and deserves a place at the table. The divergence of Scotland and the UK politically can only get bigger and gather pace. Theres no way to drag it back now. Thats not me saying independence/yes vote is a penalty kick, just that the major parties have no interest in doing whats needed to alter the direction.
The smart ones joined the SNP a long time ago.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Angus MacNeil being his usual helpful self fabricating SNP strategy from whatever just popped into his head

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-faces-new-scottish-21103466

He's an arse.

Would much rather have seen him lose his seat than Stephen Gethins.