When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:
This is exactly the right response.
Well done [mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention].
I know that we have different political and constitutional opinions but we both have the same opinion on democracy.
If the SNP only won the 11 seats that the opposition parties won in Scotland, nobody would be crying out for an independence referendum anytime soon as it would clearly show the Scottish electorate were in line with the UK and happy with being ruled by Westminster. 
But it didn't.

Would be nice if I could learn how to spell "disagree" mind.

It's a word Unionists shouldn't be using anyway. 😉

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye.  Those.  To quote @Alert Mongoose, "I find it tragic that the three areas of Scotland ‘flooded’ with English incomers are holding our nation back. Plenty are lovely people but I’m not comfortable that they are transplanting a vote into Scotland."

You simply can't avoid the fact the Scottish Independence is following every other independence movement in being precursored on hatred and detestation.  What we've also seen, on our own forum, is posters proposing civil unrest and terrorism to achieve their goal.

Now talk to me about a decent and civic independence movement based on pragmatism and Scottish egalitarian values.  I don't see this in evidence.

Absolute claptrap. The Yes movement is patently multi-cultural and English Scots for Yes very visible.

Finding one or two nutters does not disprove that fact.

Young people have always been more left leaning than other generations.
By the time they start owning property, cars, having families they usually change to become more centrist with a desire not to risk what they've gained. That's the reason you see that change over time.

Ive become more left thinking since i bought a house, car and started a family, because I’ve seen the mess thats been left and want everyone to have the opportunities that I have been lucky to have.

Been listening to LBC and so far all these ‘new age’ ‘one nation conservatives’ have been telling us that Boris really cares about the ‘North’, but what they mean is the North of England, they couldnt give the fuckiest of fucks about Scotland. Its to be ‘soft conservatism’ for them and ‘back in your box Scotland’ for us. f**k the union. f**k the tories and f**k people who think its not alright to tell the tories to f**k off.

Labour finally moving towards a pro-Indyref2 position though not officially pro-Indy despite research showing nearly half of their voters are pro-Indy, that alone would add 250k to the Yes-vote even without taking EU nats and under 18s into account.

Tide is turning.

6 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Labour finally moving towards a pro-Indyref2 position though not officially pro-Indy despite research showing nearly half of their voters are pro-Indy, that alone would add 250k to the Yes-vote even without taking EU nats and under 18s into account.

Tide is turning.

6 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Tide is turning.

Since 2015 they have been getting skelped for trying to out yoon the tories. Now they are realising the only way they can be on the political agenda is within a post Indy Scotland. It's amazing how blind they have been to these facts.

Edited by dirty dingus

Ged Killen jumping on the bandwagon also.  
https://twitter.com/Gedk/status/1206195384076374017?s=20
The penny is dropping for a lot of people who maybe are finally realising that a Yes vote isnt a vote for an SNP dictatorship but in fact there will be a political landscape in an Independent Scotland that they can inhabit and make a real difference rsther than forever being an afterthought branch for either Labour or the Tories.

The smart ones will get on the train before it leaves the station and try to get the electorate to view them as someone who desires and deserves a place at the table. The divergence of Scotland and the UK politically can only get bigger and gather pace. Theres no way to drag it back now. Thats not me saying independence/yes vote is a penalty kick, just that the major parties have no interest in doing whats needed to alter the direction.

I honestly don't see what the problem is holding Indy2 for those who voted no and would do so even if the UK brought back slavery and Scotland was supplying children for a Hunger Games. Just go along and stick your cross next to your choice ffs and stop being a pathetic little knobend.

It's genuinely mystifying why Labour have been so venomously anti-Independence up to this point. Unlike the Tories, it shouldn't be an issue that's inherent to their political standpoint. I can only assume it's bitterness towards the SNP dating back to 1979 and the slow hemorrhaging of their support since then, but it's been extraordinarily blockheaded to fight the tide purely because "it must be bad if those b*****ds want it".

Sadly, if they're moving to a pro-Indyref2 position, it's likely only because they can use it as an anti-democracy stick to beat the Tories in Westminster with. They've nothing to lose by doing so now, and there's plenty to gain by highlighting the Tories' hypocrisy over this issue compared to leaving the EU.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

It's genuinely mystifying why Labour have been so venomously anti-Independence up to this point.

It's been because they couldn't imagine Labour getting power in the UK without Scottish votes. Now that that boat has sailed they might be heading for a more pragmatic approach.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's been because they couldn't imagine Labour getting power in the UK without Scottish votes. Now that that boat has sailed they might be heading for a more pragmatic approach.

Silly me, assuming that there'd be some kind of moral principle at work  :lol:

Thinking about it like that, English Labour really are permanently screwed. The only hope for anything other than endless Tory government would be the rise of another proper right-wing party (not a vanity project like UKIP/Brexit) to capitalise on when the Tories sink into their usual Romanesque depravity.

7 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Should we be wary of Labour types trying to split support for independence? Could all be a big ruse to reduce vote share in future elections. 

I certainly wouldn't trust Scottish Labour to support an independence referendum vote at Holyrood, when it came down to it.