When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Well I think it's down to economics mostly.  If Brexit turns out to be an economic disaster based on the UK being toxic then I think there's a case to be made for Scotland asking to step back and evaluate its position in our delightful union.

So my stance is entirely pragmatic.  I don't like Brexiteers and I disdain Snippers and wish we hadn't to choose between either but, out of pure self interest, I'll go with whichever preserves my pension fund.

I know you don't like the SNP or their view of what an Independent Scotland would look like, however I don't even know if I would vote SNP in an Independent Scotland but what I do know is that my vote would have more impact than what it currently has.

So even though they are calling for it, an Independent Scotland may not even be run by the SNP but it will be run by who Scotland chose, surly you can see that the current set up has been fucked for a long time and we need to go our own way to suit our needs and wants?

34 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

surly you can see that the current set up has been fucked for a long time and we need to go our own way to suit our needs and wants?

Fucked for a long time?  Absolutely not.  Scotland has punched above its weight in Union for as long as we've had a union.  Since we've shared sovereignty with our English pals for almost half a millenium we've been the major beneficiary and, I could very easily justify, the Scottish tail has wagged the English dog.

But still, if you want to support an ethno-nationalist putsch based on grievance and detestation then you're entitled to do so.  Do note that you have to buy in to a much diminished record of Scotland to justify it, though.

I'm sure that the neo-Darianists will have no problem with justifying it.

1 hour ago, laughing gravie said:

Is that proper generations or Sturgeons 5 year generation? The Indie ref vote of 2014 was a once in a generation opportunity, those of us with brains realised it was 2014 and not 1314 voted sensibly, and Scotland remains part of the UK.

Just because people north of the border voted against Brexit doesn't mean Scotland (not an independent country, but still part of the UK) has the right to a new referendum just because someone made Sturgeon spit her dummy out because she can't see Scottish votes as regional rather than national votes.

Can this form part of the next Better Together campaign? The more “No” is revealed as attempting to make Scotland a minor region of Britain and not a nation deserving of any kind of national recognition the better. We don’t want BritNats getting away with pretending they believe in any kind of union of nations (or, more ridiculously, “equals”) again. We need this kind of craven hatred of Scottish national identity front and centre of UKOK.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Fucked for a long time?  Absolutely not.  Scotland has punched above its weight in Union for as long as we've had a union.  Since we've shared sovereignty with our English pals for almost half a millenium we've been the major beneficiary and, I could very easily justify, the Scottish tail has wagged the English dog.

But still, if you want to support an ethno-nationalist putsch based on grievance and detestation then you're entitled to do so.  Do note that you have to buy in to a much diminished record of Scotland to justify it, though.

What ethnicity would that be?

My auld man was an immigrant as is my better half. We voted Yes.

I love the fact that the powers that be here are saying to anyone of any nationality, if you live here, you're Scots too. Down south, they're all Satan. Meanwhile we see neo-nazis in England berating black people for not being 'pure British'.

2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Junior forum posters as a first wave suicide bomber squad sounds good tbf.

Give us ten years of prepping and I reckon we could match Iran's human wave style attacks. Might need them to liberate the north of England.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

The notion of taking issue with P&B posters based on what's posted elsewhere is entirely inimical to me. 

59 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

You have no idea what fancy words mean, but f**k it,  throw them in anyway.

Oh here's a new diddy.  Sadly, just the same as the old diddies.  Which part of my use of 'inimical' hurt your precious little diddy soul?

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Any ethnicity but English and we both know this.

I don't. Unless you can prove that.

And there are lots of pro-Indy English Scots and members of both SNP and Greens who were born there.

And we both know this.

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Just as I thought we were turning a corner Kinc, you go all out attack.

You dipped your toe in the thought of voting Yes for an Independent Scotland, you liked it, but then hated yourself for going against everything you have argued for years.

Just jump right in Kinc, the water is as warm as the welcome...

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Just as I thought we were turning a corner Kinc, you go all out attack.

Not really.  I am a Scot.  I just don't recognise the Scotland of the Snippers.  To do that involves me forgetting everything that made Scotland what it is.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Not really.  I am a Scot.  I just don't recognise the Scotland of the Snippers.  To do that involves me forgetting everything that made Scotland what it is.

But that's what I'm saying, it doesn't have to be a Scotland of the 'Snippers', although they are the only ones who can initially take us there, we can then decide and make Scotland how we want it.

A vote for Yes, is not a vote for the SNP.

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

'North Britain' has been rattling around since the enlightenment. It didn't stick then and I doubt it will now some dipshits who have the intellectual clout of one of Adam Smith's arse biscuits are having another go at making it a thing. No English person calls themself a 'South Briton'.

Much to the teary incomprehension of the NornIron-esque extremes of the UKOKers. I’ll never understand how it doesn’t dawn on the more rabid fanatics of the UK (in both Scotland and Northern Ireland) that to the reasonable majority in England, they are utter crackpots (when they’re considered at all). The more braying devotion they cry out to the fatherland, the more they’re laughed at (or avoided) by its inhabitants. 

13 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

And there are lots of pro-Indy English Scots

Aye.  Those.  To quote @Alert Mongoose, "I find it tragic that the three areas of Scotland ‘flooded’ with English incomers are holding our nation back. Plenty are lovely people but I’m not comfortable that they are transplanting a vote into Scotland."

You simply can't avoid the fact the Scottish Independence is following every other independence movement in being precursored on hatred and detestation.  What we've also seen, on our own forum, is posters proposing civil unrest and terrorism to achieve their goal.

Now talk to me about a decent and civic independence movement based on pragmatism and Scottish egalitarian values.  I don't see this in evidence.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye.  Those.  To quote @Alert Mongoose, "I find it tragic that the three areas of Scotland ‘flooded’ with English incomers are holding our nation back. Plenty are lovely people but I’m not comfortable that they are transplanting a vote into Scotland."

You simply can't avoid the fact the Scottish Independence is following every other independence movement in being precursored on hatred and detestation.  What we've also seen, on our own forum, is posters proposing civil unrest and terrorism to achieve their goal.

Now talk to me about a decent and civic independence movement based on pragmatism and Scottish egalitarian values.  I don't see this in evidence.

Have I ever based my opinion on an anti English stance? 

Have I ever promoted terrorism or social unrest?

The answer to both is No, so you can't tar us all with that brush. 

The independence movement in this country is the opposite to what you say, and fine you know it. We don't want to become inward looking, hard right and blaming immigration for everything, like the direction of the rUK right now.

If I could guarantee pension improvements, would you vote Yes?

10 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Massive tit quotes @Alert Mongoose .

Beautifully done. But Mongoose always has two.

There we go again.  Every time I quote a Snipper who doesn't toe the party line it's an aberration/one-off/mistake.  I mentioned this to @DeeTillEhDehearlier.

At what point does this accumulation of outliers become the authentic voice of the Yessers?  We have to be close to it.