When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The tories will get a majority, too many I'm alright Jack home counties c***s and thick breadline racists who would rather die in a ditch with nae meds than have a funny tinge treat them. Think the tories up here will keep about a half dozen seats due to blue rinse bigots, sevco and English ex-pats.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

That's my thinking.  Even Alistair Jack hinted today that an Independence  majority in Holyrood in 2021 would justify signing section 30.

You can have your referendum... if you can win an indy majority... in the 2021 HOLYROOD ELECTIONS

wlvincefired (1).jpg

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

That's my thinking.  Even Alistair Jack hinted today that an Independence  majority in Holyrood in 2021 would justify signing section 30.

Not as simple as that.  He said it has to be an SNP majority, not a majority in holyrood.  In a system specifically designed to prevent such a scenario, when the SNP are likely to win a higher vote.share than the UK government will.  And we're supposed to just accept he sets the rules.

We all know FPTP is a discredited system.  To that end even if we get 50+ SNP MPs I don’t think that gives the party a mandate for a further Referendum.

However If pro-Independence parties get 50% + 1 of the votes cast the mandate is undeniable.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Kenny Farquharson seems to be saying he wants to kick Tories out and of course is blaming the SNP for this not happening in advance but... Kenny Farquharson wanting us to believe he wants rid of Tories seems a very odd proposition.

"Why aren't the nationalists voting for Labour?!"

On 21/11/2019 at 19:16, BawWatchin said:

We should already be independent then seeing as the SNP+ScotGreens got at least 51% of the vote in 2015.

In an election where the SNP manifesto stated "it was not about Independence" 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I suspect fewer Labour voters would tactically vote Tory to screw the SNP this time around, with Boris and a hard brexit at stake.

Not convinced there'd be that many. It's the union at all costs to majority of the Yoons. 

22 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

A week without posts, what has happened to our resident regurgitron?

I think he has got lost in cyberspace and has washed ashore on another political sub forum (DS)

Scotland faces a dire future at the moment, I absolutely fear for the future as the SNP have this almost extremist drive towards Independence , that eats up all in its path..... you cannot simply wash £13 billion of a deficit away, and their best answer is rampant immigration!!!! Our public services cant cope as it is , and you cannot move in the streets of Glasgow or Edinburgh for homeless people.
The SNP believe they can win Independence with hope, a wing and a prayer.They are excellent at Social Media propaganda....... if or when they get their independence the last person to leave Scotland wont need to turn the lights out, as there wont be any money to keep them on.....
I certainly wont be hanging around to see it- already myself and hard working employees are taxed more than elsewhere in the UK .... I remain in Scotland unless the worst happens as I love my country and I value deeply our bonds with the UK ( as does MOST of the Scottish population, Nicola!!) I still have belief that sheer common sense can win out this Independence lunacy... but it needs a much much stronger voice!!!!

Or he may just have been told by History woman that  there are not enough dunderheids to buy his shit on P&B

On 25/11/2019 at 10:04, MixuFixit said:

Kenny Farquharson seems to be saying he wants to kick Tories out and of course is blaming the SNP for this not happening in advance but... Kenny Farquharson wanting us to believe he wants rid of Tories seems a very odd proposition.

I see Kenny was on Twitter the other day telling people to vote SNP where they have a better chance of kicking the Tories out (everywhere).

Nobodies a no hoper! 

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

A week without posts, what has happened to our resident regurgitron?

Maybe had a trip to Edinburgh so when he posts a sackful of mail to every fucking newspaper in the country under his pen names Martin Redfearn or Jill Stephenson they'll have an authentic postmark. 

The odious embarrassment of Stirling that is Stephen Kerr just had an appearance on Sunday politics Scotland.

No more referendums on anything ever apparently. According to him they are far too complex for the public. The issues should be for parliament to determine.

Why did Brewer no spear him by asking if he would respect the result of a Scottish parliament vote?

1 minute ago, git-intae-thum said:

The odious embarrassment of Stirling that is Stephen Kerr just had an appearance on Sunday politics Scotland.

No more referendums on anything ever apparently. According to him they are far too complex for the public. The issues should be for parliament to determine.

Why did Brewer no spear him by asking if he would respect the result of a Scottish parliament vote?

Presumably he meant a proper parliament like Westminster, not a glorified council meeting like Holyrood. That seems to be quite a popular line with the Tories.

He's getting his jotters in a few days anyway, so he might have actually been honest and come out with it. I guess we'll never know.

It's a bit of a strange future of the independence cause tonight.  A Labour victory in some way would mean that independence support probably wouldn't move much but a legally binding referendum in some form in the next three years or so would be far more likely, but a Tory majority would make a referendum far less likely, but would almost certainly give support for Yes a real boost.

Edited by Highland Capital