When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Nonsense. I lived in the area for many, many years and I still work in the local vicinity of the hospital. If you'd said 20 years ago that you were going to chose a single site in Glasgow to cover all Glasgows hospital requirements it would never have been at the old Southern General. The QEUH became a huge vanity project for the SNP Government and they've completely fucked it up. 

The fact that even more problems have emerged with yet another vanity project over in the East with the disastrous problems over the incorrect ventilation systems being installed only serves to highlight the incompetence of the Government that signed off on these plans. It's absolutely right that the SNP should be held to account for these failings. 

Ministers should have degrees in thermodynamics IMO

13 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

When hospitals are seen as vanity projects it's time to have a look at yourself. If social progress like state of the art hospitals, free care for the elderly, bus passes, a bridge over the Forth and many other positives decided on by a Scottish government is seen as bad and what you want is to remain within a UK that is currently paralysed and doing nothing and going nowhere, well, that's an interesting choice. Surely Scotland deserves more and better than the current state of affairs.

More than the one. We've got bridges coming out of our ears, mate.

Remember when the unionists moaned that another bridge wasn't needed and they were wasting money then the same unionists that never wanted a 2nd bridge in the first place were utterly shocked when the first bridge was close for repairs ? Good times.

People like to highlight the projects that go over budget but never mention the countless infrastructure projects that are on time. The previous Scottish executive couldn't make a cup of coffee under budget.

I'm my local area, under the SNP, we have 2 or 3 brand new academies in Ayr, 2 brand new super size academies in Kilmarnock, new academy in Cumnock, new Carrick academy planned and numerous brand new primary schools dotted all over the place. The flyovers on the A77 that Labour thought a few lives per year weren't worth the hassle, done, on-time and under budget. There's numerous more that I can't remember just in my area.

All I can remember from previous administration was a lot of talk and nothing much getting built anywhere. The SNP aren't perfect but they do what they think is best and with whatever resources they have.

On 17/11/2019 at 12:33, ICTJohnboy said:

Just one person talking any sense on the Andrew Marr Show this morning. 

Well done Ian Blackford - your interview came across like a breath of fresh air. Impossible for any sane Scot to dispute anything you said.

Malky probably enjoyed and appreciated it too!

Drew Hendry your man John Boy?

1 hour ago, TONTROOPER said:

Drew Hendry your man John Boy?

He would have been had I still been in Inverness. Met him a couple of times - a really down to earth, decent guy who I hope will keep his seat with an increased majority.

Where I am now, Hyndburn/Accrington is, and probably always has been, a 2 horse race. I'll probably vote for Graham Jones, the labour guy, who holds a  6000 majority from last time, but I suspect he'll lose a lot of ground to the BP.

59 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

US doesn't have a points based system. 

And as Cameron said our system is much tighter than the Australian points system. It's just slogans to appease the racists when they know our ageing population needs more, not less.

Edited by welshbairn

Nonsense. I lived in the area for many, many years and I still work in the local vicinity of the hospital. If you'd said 20 years ago that you were going to chose a single site in Glasgow to cover all Glasgows hospital requirements it would never have been at the old Southern General. The QEUH became a huge vanity project for the SNP Government and they've completely fucked it up. 
The fact that even more problems have emerged with yet another vanity project over in the East with the disastrous problems over the incorrect ventilation systems being installed only serves to highlight the incompetence of the Government that signed off on these plans. It's absolutely right that the SNP should be held to account for these failings. 
I fully agree that they should be held accountable, and I'm glad the details are coming out.

But any criticism of the SNP govt coming from you is essentially meaningless. When you're so biased it just becomes white noise.

5 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

When hospitals are seen as vanity projects it's time to have a look at yourself. If social progress like state of the art hospitals, free care for the elderly, bus passes, a bridge over the Forth and many other positives decided on by a Scottish government is seen as bad and what you want is to remain within a UK that is currently paralysed and doing nothing and going nowhere, well, that's an interesting choice. Surely Scotland deserves more and better than the current state of affairs.

Dualling the A9, Aberdeen bypass etc.  The SNP have done a wonderful job.in incredibly difficult circumstances suffering austerity imposed from London almost their entire time.in office and a.universally hostile press.  They're easily the best government Scotland has ever had, as we haven't had, since the advent of democracy, a government that puts Scotland first, not once.  Now we do.

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

There are obviously issues at the QEUH.

Says who?....The Daily Rancid/ Scottish Daily Fail/Scottish Daily Sexpress...BBC Scotlandshire/Scoterland Everynight?

Wake up!

These MSM broadcast outlets have already agreed their strategy to deprive the SNP of airtime.

Its SO patently obvious.

2 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

There are obviously issues at the QEUH but as someone who has recently been a patient there I have to say my experience was excellent. I was in the Bone Marrow Transplant Unit (the one that gets slagged off all the time) and severely immunosurpressed. The rooms were thoroughly cleaned every morning, beds changed every morning or every time you shat yourself (yup a stem cell transplant does that to you!). The tap water was filtered. The drinking water was from bottles. Visitors and staff all wear aprons and even masks if they have as much as sniffle. The food is catered to a special diet to avoid infection. I was wary when I was told i was going there because of news reports but I felt safe the whole time. 

I have used the NHS more in the last year than most people will in their lifetime. Between myself, my husband and my kids we have had the year from hell. If I wrote a list of everything we had been through you wouldn't believe me but the genuine care from our health service has been amazing. We have not had to wait any great length of time for treatment too.

So anyway in my experience the NHS is doing pretty good under the SNP. Plus I'm keeping them all in a job at present..  

It's very difficult for us to read what you write, HSF, but please continue to keep us posted.

It does sound like you're in the best possible hands here -  surrounded by people who really care, and who will do their utmost to help get you through this, and really,  at times like these  political point scoring should not be a part of this.  

I know I speak for all of P&B when I say our thoughts are with you 100%. Best wishes to you and your family.