When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I used to enjoy a rather tasty szechuan dish from a local purveyor of portion delivered and fine hot foods.

Ocone ochone.

That was until that fateful night when my request for "extra vegetables" was misheard as "no vegetables".

That left a sour taste.

16 minutes ago, sophia said:

I used to enjoy a rather tasty szechuan dish from a local purveyor of portion delivered and fine hot foods.

Ocone ochone.

That was until that fateful night when my request for "extra vegetables" was misheard as "no vegetables".

That left a sour taste.

Hello Sophia....

I was worried about you. Thought you'd perhaps died or something. I've been waiting on you pointing out where I was wrong about the "surplus" 

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:
On 27/10/2019 at 07:18, strichener said:
No we don't know the exact minutiae of how the Scottish Government spends our money.  The Auditor General has been very clear that further financial transparency is required.
It is misleading to claim that Scotland is only given 40% back.  Unless you are claiming that Scotland does not receive any money for pensions or welfare spending when we have historically received a higher amount per capita than the UK as a whole.
According to the UK government 88% of public expenditure is identifiable to where it is spent.  See https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/759560/Country_and_Regional_Analysis_November_2018_rvsd.pdf
The 12% includes elements such as overseas aid which the Scottish government has generally agreed with and has in the past topped up from within their own budget.
Of course your 60% number also includes devolved areas where the Scottish government has held up their hands and said "f**k it we canna manage this we'll just keep it how it is".  Then there is the actual costs of running the departments that provide the services.  For example the Social Security Scotland in their first annual report reported costs of £12.8m to provide £39.2m of benefits which is hardly efficient.  Revenue Scotland collects tax at a cost of 50% more than HMRC which again is hardly efficient.

Except both those examples include exceptional start up costs and their operational efficiency won't be known for a wee while yet.

Not true.  Neither of those examples include exeptional startup costs -

Revenue Scotland's figures are as measured by the OECD for the administrative cost of tax collection.  This already excludes exceptionals and investments. 
Social Security Scotland's figure is only administrative costs, assets were transferred from the Scottish Government at inception and systems costs are being incurred by the Scottish Government’s Social Security Directorate.

46 minutes ago, strichener said:

Revenue Scotland's figures are as measured by the OECD for the administrative cost of tax collection.  This already excludes exceptionals and investments. 
Social Security Scotland's figure is only administrative costs, assets were transferred from the Scottish Government at inception and systems costs are being incurred by the Scottish Government’s Social Security Directorate.

It's funny that when you scrape away at the many, many layers of Nationalist propaganda and fake news it's always found to be lacking in truth. 

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

It's funny that when you scrape away at the many, many layers of Nationalist propaganda and fake news it's always found to be lacking in truth. 

Isn't that the point of propaganda, regardless of the source. 

It's similar to unionists stating that Scotland is better as part of the union and thus ignoring all the data that show Scotland as part of the union has underperformed economically in relation to the UK for decades.  Let there be no doubt that an independent Scotland with or without a deficit is far preferable to me than Scotland in this union.

5 hours ago, strichener said:

Got a linky?

It's similar to unionists stating that Scotland is better as part of the union and thus ignoring all the data that show Scotland as part of the union has underperformed economically in relation to the UK for decades.  Let there be no doubt that an independent Scotland with or without a deficit is far preferable to me than Scotland in this union.

Nobody really doubts what is preferable to you. Just a shame (for you, not Scotland) that it’s a minority view.

17 hours ago, strichener said:

Bonkers. 

Apart from anything else Scotland hasn't under performed in relation to the UK. We're on a par with most of them. Its just that within the UK we have a financial power house in London and in the South East of England that helps boost funding all around the UK. 

Independence would be cutting our nose off to spite our face especially as no Nationalists have offered anything credible that states what we'd cut, how we'd cut it., or how we'd boost an independent Scotlands economy to get us sorted. Thats not propaganda its fact backed up by all the available economic data. 

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Mate seriously not one single person gives even remotely the slightest modicum of a f**k about anything you have to say. You’re an irrelevance.

Absolutely. I'm irrelevant as are you. Indeed as is this whole thread. What IS completely relevant is that a few years ago 55% of Scots told Scottish Nationalists to stick Independence up their arse and we expected the SNP to keep to their word about not revisiting it again for at least a generation. 

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Lovely stuff. 

However, I believe the outcome will be a bit different. Would that poll not put SNP on to win every single seat bar a couple of the country bumpkin ones?

9 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Lovely stuff. 

However, I believe the outcome will be a bit different. Would that poll not put SNP on to win every single seat bar a couple of the country bumpkin ones?

It’s a readers’ poll, not a properly constituted opinion poll.

If we run a good campaign we can get near 50% of the popular vote and 50+ seats.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If we run a good campaign we can get near 50% of the popular vote and 50+ seats.

I'd expect 45% to 50% tbh. Be surprised if SNP don't get at least 50 seats. 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

As you say it's just a readers poll but it's interesting in that the fact the Herald in a Yoon paper so there may be a wee change of content towards a more pro indy outlook. The more balanced media would be a boost. Also will The Record be pushing their Labour narrative when they are likely to be 3rd or 4th also rans at best in overall polling.

I'm curious to get folks views on what effect "voter shaming" will play in the next referendum? We've seen it used since the last referendum, Brexit, in America with Trump's election........will it genuinely change people's voting or will they just keep their true voting intentions private?

Has this been a factor in any polls?