When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, beefybake said:
He's a troll. Don't give oxygen to a troll.

Yeah but you can't treat all right wing posters like that - otherwise it's just the same views being put forward.

Of course, but this one argues in bad faith, never accepts the premise of a counter argument and uses flimsy appeals to authority.

Just like another, long lost HD ready poster.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, beefybake said:
He's a troll. Don't give oxygen to a troll.

Yeah but you can't treat all right wing posters like that - otherwise it's just the same views being put forward.

He's an exception, repeating the same post 800 times along with blatant lies is not offering an alternative angle for debate, it's spam.

image.png

Oh dear - the usual Nationalist response when they can't win an argument. 

Once again - what will YOU cut to make the £12.6Bn worth of savings needed from the loss of the revenue from the Barnett Formula? Is Scottish Independence really worth £2,300 EXTRA per annum per head of population (for the thickos that means £9,200 pa for the average family of four) ? How will an Independent Scotland fix it's failing NHS, homelessness, and housing problems when the Scottish Government has £12.6Bn less per annum to spend on Scotland? And why in gods name would you trust your vote to a party (the SNP) who have presided over the bankrupting of Police Scotland to the extent that the Police Federation are warning their members that Police Scotland may not be able to pay wages after January 2020?

Edited by Malky3

And why in gods name would you trust your vote to a party (the SNP) who have presided over the bankrupting of Police Scotland to the extent that the Police Federation are warning their members that Police Scotland may not be able to pay wages after January 2020?

That would be Calum Steele acting alone, whilst unelected by his members and currently planning a retirement to a conservative party list seat yeh?

24 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

That would be Calum Steele acting alone, whilst unelected by his members and currently planning a retirement to a conservative party list seat yeh?

I've no idea - I'm just reporting what was said. However I do note that you've reverted to Nationalist type very quickly looking to play the man rather than provide facts to the story. 

Within Police Scotland there has been a huge amount of political interference this year. Many "legacy" staff members were forced to take pay cuts - some as much as £8,000 per annum - whilst new recruits, and senior managers were given huge pay increases - much of which looked unjustifiable. The staff having their pay reduced were given the option of having the deduction deferred for two years, or taking an immediate pay cut but getting a lump sum to compensate them. There is no doubt this has had a direct effect on funds within the organisation. The legacy staff affected have appealed the pay deduction and have a very strong case to get it overturned too. 

Then there is the fact that at a number of Police Scotland sites they are in breach of current Health and Safety regulations. One of the main emergency contact centre has a number of fire sensors turned off due to the unsafe state of wiring caused by rats in the building. 

You also only need eyes in your head to see that the statement made at the SNP conference about the state of the fleet of cars that the police use was 100% accurate. And that is before Scotland gains Independence and has to operate with a budget £12.6Bn less than it currently spends. 

Edited by Malky3

16 hours ago, Malky3 said:

I've no idea - I'm just reporting what was said.

This entire Troll Accounts posting history summarised in one self-written sentence. It has no idea what the tripe it's copy and pasting really means, but by damn it'll copy and paste it anyway, and if it was the wrong context / doesn't back up the trolling / is a complete lie, no matter, just continually ignore it and move on to the next c&p job. Rinse and repeat.

Genuinely bewildered as to why people continue to engage directly with it.

Edited by J_Stewart

18 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Oh dear - the usual Nationalist response when they can't win an argument. 

Once again - what will YOU cut to make the £12.6Bn worth of savings needed from the loss of the revenue from the Barnett Formula? Is Scottish Independence really worth £2,300 EXTRA per annum per head of population (for the thickos that means £9,200 pa for the average family of four) ? How will an Independent Scotland fix it's failing NHS, homelessness, and housing problems when the Scottish Government has £12.6Bn less per annum to spend on Scotland? And why in gods name would you trust your vote to a party (the SNP) who have presided over the bankrupting of Police Scotland to the extent that the Police Federation are warning their members that Police Scotland may not be able to pay wages after January 2020?

Once again, you're making the same flawed statement. The Barnett Formula revenue is included within the £31bn the Scottish Government recieves back from Westminster after sending nearly double that down there.

Everything else is spent and borrowed by Westminster, who refuse to provide any break down of how they allegedly spend money on Scotland.

We keep going over this time and time again, yet you keep spewing out the same nonsense rhetoric.

8 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Would I be right in saying if this deal was passed, with NI getting preferential treatment, it would be the best for an Indyref2 campaign?

I think so, for all the talk of Scotland getting screwed by Ireland's deal, it creates a good precedent for a seamless border on the Tweed. 

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

This entire Troll Accounts posting history summarised in one self-written sentence. It has no idea what the tripe it's copy and pasting really means, but by damn it'll copy and paste it anyway, and if it was the wrong context / doesn't back up the trolling / is a complete lie, no matter, just continually ignore it and move on to the next c&p job. Rinse and repeat.

Genuinely bewildered as to why people continue to engage directly with it.

Right now I am watching a TV series on Discovery called "Why We Hate". It's an interesting look at human psychology and the way propaganda works in sowing division. Your post here and the post made last night playing the man rather than the story are very symptomatic of what one of the contributors identifies as "fascist" behaviour. 

In this post you have chosen to select a small part of what I said, used it out of context and derided it.  It's pathetic. 

5 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Right now I am watching a TV series on Discovery called "Why We Hate". It's an interesting look at human psychology and the way propaganda works in sowing division. Your post here and the post made last night playing the man rather than the story are very symptomatic of what one of the contributors identifies as "fascist" behaviour. 

In this post you have chosen to select a small part of what I said, used it out of context and derided it.  It's pathetic. 

You mean propaganda like "Scotland is given billions of pounds of free munneh at the expense of the hard working English tax payer and would be doomed without it lolz" ???

35 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Once again, you're making the same flawed statement. The Barnett Formula revenue is included within the £31bn the Scottish Government recieves back from Westminster after sending nearly double that down there.

Everything else is spent and borrowed by Westminster, who refuse to provide any break down of how they allegedly spend money on Scotland.

We keep going over this time and time again, yet you keep spewing out the same nonsense rhetoric.

It's not flawed - it's factual. The problem Nationalists like you have is that it doesn't fit their narrative. It's uncomfortable. It's also unfortunate that professional actuaries working to professional standards, working for the Scottish Government have found that the Scottish Government spends £12.6Bn more than we raise in revenue. 

The money that you want to make out is some how stolen and hidden from Scotland is anything but. Westminster runs non devolved public services on behalf of the whole of the UK. Services like defence, HMRC, the DWP, foreign aid, embassies, diplomatic services, contributions to the EU, etc, etc, etc. Those costs are then split 14 ways across the various parts of the UK, and Scotland pays its share. 

For these true figures to become less comfortable for the Nationalist narrative they would need to show where they could make £12.6Bn of savings from what the UK Government spends on those public services and the problem the SNP comes up again time and time again when doing so is that their White Paper of 2013 stated clearly that Scotland would continue to use the same services after Independence because Scotland owned them too. If you plan to use the same services after Independence, it's surely a massive stretch of the imagination to think that Westminister would provide those services to Scotland for less than it charges the rest of the UK. 

You'll keep attempting to spread your "Fake News" in the hope that those in your trube are too feeble minded to work it out for themselves. But 55% of Scots saw the propaganda for what it was last time round, and unless you can convince them your lies hold some credence Scottish Independence will NEVER happen! 

2 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

You mean propaganda like "Scotland is given billions of pounds of free munneh at the expense of the hard working English tax payer and would be doomed without it lolz" ???

That isn't propaganda. The was the factual assessment of Scotlands fiscal position as confirmed by the Scottish Parliaments own actuaries, statisticians and financial experts. It was also confirmed by the Finance Minister Derek MacKay. What you are doing is nothing more than propaganda. 

34 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think so, for all the talk of Scotland getting screwed by Ireland's deal, it creates a good precedent for a seamless border on the Tweed. 

How can anyone say that this deal would be beneficial to Northern Ireland when you don't have the detail? Certainly the DUP don't seen to think it's beneficial to Northern Ireland at all. 

Just now, Malky3 said:

the Scottish Government spends £12.6Bn more than we raise in revenue.

No it doesn't. The Scottish Government is given a budget of £31bn from Westminster each year, despite sending around £60bn in tax revenue down to the UK Treasury. The Scottish Government isn't able to spend beyond that budget. The Scottish Parliament doesn't have the power to do so.

Once again, i'm repeating a clear and obvious fact to you and you're simply choosing to ignore it, or you're just too thick to grasp what is going on here.

Just now, BawWatchin said:

No it doesn't. The Scottish Government is given a budget of £31bn from Westminster each year, despite sending around £60bn in tax revenue down to the UK Treasury. The Scottish Government isn't able to spend beyond that budget. The Scottish Parliament doesn't have the power to do so.

Once again, i'm repeating a clear and obvious fact to you and you're simply choosing to ignore it, or you're just too thick to grasp what is going on here.

You too are selectively quoting. I dealt with your assertion fully in my post. You are a propagandist. 

Just now, Malky3 said:

You too are selectively quoting. I dealt with your assertion fully in my post. You are a propagandist. 

Your post was illiterate fiction gibberish. You don't seem to understand the difference between what the Scottish Government spends and what the UK Government claims to spend on Scotland directly.