When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

I take abuse and I will give it back. 

Simple. 

And they are the natural traits of a Scottish nationalist.

They are not natural traits of the Scottish nationalists. You dont hear the inflammatory language used in Holyrood that the Tories do in Westminster. 

We had a referendum, I voted remain but the countey as a whole voted out. I respect the vote and we should leave deal or no deal.
The SNP will never agree with whatever deal is put in front of them. All they do is moan, whine, winge and cause problems. They are no help at all in the situation we are in. 
So we should respect the result of the EU referendum, but a vote by the Scottish electorate giving a mandate to have another indyref should be ignored by Westminster? Is that correct?

3 hours ago, Glenanover said:

I'm not enjoying this at all. I want brexit over which at last we have someone getting on with and then Sturgeon told she is not getting another referendum.

Then we can all move on and concentrate on things that matter instead of bloody referendums. I am sick of hearing about independence.

^^^^

all over the  "when will indyref2 happen" thread like a nasty psoriasis

We should never vote for another government again, clearly who we have is who everyone will want for all eternity now.
Hush, you. Boris & Co aren't quite ready to spring the endgame on the electorate yet.

The Tories will blatantly not accept any independence vote and morph into a cuddly 'Christian Democrat' style party. Extreme unionism is the only policy they have and they will double down on it on a 'rejoin the UK' ticket. It's naive to think there won't be a certain market for it - think of the #FBPE people at the moment who have been very creative in their opposition to Brexit. That is of course their right - it's not as though we all held our hands up and decided to stop campaigning for independence after we lost in 2014. The difference of course is that the Tories have significantly less scruples than left wing or centrist parties and will fight as dirty as they can.

In general the idea that all we need to do is vote for independence then go home because it's sorted is naive. There will be a lot of wrangling afterwards both to secure the result and the terms of any 'deal'. Brexit should be currently giving the lie to any notion that we can expect the rUK to act rationally in such a situation. Then when we actually win independence we will still have to deal with Scotland's own problems. We can get rid of Westminster but there will still be plenty of people in this country who are exploited by their fellow Scots.

Absolutely, independence is the first step, not the end game.

I do think the current Tories would eventually morph into a centre-right party in an independent Scotland, but absolutely there’d be a while that they’d continue to be a bunch of right wing, ultra-unionist nutters. In the same way that it’s ridiculous to expect the SNP to drop their desire for independence after 2014, it’d be equally ridiculous to expect Jackson Carlaw and his pals to drop the one thing that absolutely defines them.

I think the rUK could be expected to act somewhat more rationally in the event of independence than they have in the EU exit negotiations. The problem they’ve faced is that they’re trying to appease a group of leave voters (not all leave voters) who want something which is simply not achievable, and are rightly being told as such by the EU. I don’t think they’d be under the same pressure in negotiations with Scotland and could probably get on with it to achieve the best possible outcome without absolute lunatics screaming about traitors. It also depends who is in power at the time in Westminster. A David Cameron style moderate Conservative party (by comparison with a May/Johnson one), or a Labour Party would, I think, almost certainly be more reasonable than the current UK administration.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, Glenanover said:
We had a referendum, I voted remain but the countey as a whole voted out. I respect the vote and we should leave deal or no deal.
The SNP will never agree with whatever deal is put in front of them. All they do is moan, whine, winge and cause problems. They are no help at all in the situation we are in. 

So we should respect the result of the EU referendum, but a vote by the Scottish electorate giving a mandate to have another indyref should be ignored by Westminster? Is that correct?

We had a vote, once in a generation. 

We should respect the vote of both referendums.

1 hour ago, Glenanover said:

We had a vote, once in a generation. 

We should respect the vote of both referendums.

"Voted remain, but I accept the result and we need to leave with or without a deal."

I fecking loathe those craven born-again remainer types. You don't realise how duplicious, suspiciously-funded LEAVE were?

Explain your thinking re "accepting the result". @Malky3 as well.

Edited by Sunrise