When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

47 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Interested to know why 'Wings' is getting a hard time given his role as a poster boy for the Natters during the 2014 referendum.

Why is he now so toxic?  On the few times I've read his blog he is as sane as every Yesser poster on here.

His work dissecting the lies and lunacy of Britnat troughers and crazies is exemplary.

He should stick to that.

For those genuinely interested in GERs.

This is the view of the UK's leading academic on taxation and government fiscal policy. Professor Richard Murphy of Cambridge University.

To paraphrase:

GERs figures do not equate to the finances of an independent Scotland.

An independent Scotland would very possibly not have debt or a deficit as the nation has run at a surplus for so long.

Another little snippet.

This is an article by rightwing Britnat economist journalist Merryn Somerset Webb in the FT before the 2014 referendum. She is no friend of Scottish independence, so ignore all the bullshit scare pish in the conclusion that we now know is so wrong.

https://archive.is/20170315134006/https://www.ft.com/content/d92b483c-dce1-11e3-ba13-00144feabdc0

The key point is voiced by James Ferguson. The figures do not show Scotland's wealth. They show Scotland in unions financial status within the rUK, using a limited set of figures and guestimates.

The cutting comment is that they start with the sum and then work the figures back the way to make that sum.

Somerset Webb herself then makes the comment that GERs can in no way be used to reference an independent Scotland s finances😂

Now I have already said these figures make a good portrayal of Scotlands finances in union. They do....again for the benefit of the wee Malky's......  IN UNION

But they in no way show the economy of Scotland. What it spends and what....so much more importantly it actually raises.

One would actually think the figures were actually designed to show a deficit for 🕵️‍♀️Scotland to London and the South East 

Well of course they were. This little snippet is from a 2011 publication by the respected economists Jim and Margaret Cuthbert:

http://www.cuthbert1.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/papers 1/GERS sixth draft 10 8 2011.doc

Edited by git-intae-thum

Really enjoyed reading the past few pages of this thread. We’ve got Milky sounding like a broken record, on about a £13 billion deficit - a claim which has been debunked countless times. And then there’s his lapdog, Glenminter, who has been shown up to be the little bitch that he is. Fantastic reading for a Friday morning! [emoji16]

15 hours ago, Aufc said:

I can see why some people get confused about the whole thing. There are lots of misleading pieces on both sides.

My own view on Scottish independence is that I voted no last time. To be honest, it was probably quite a selfish decision. Been lucky to be brought up in a stable family life and given opportunities which have allowed me to have a good career whereby no matter what happens I will be fine. I would also be happy to pay more tax if it meant public services could be improved which could help people less fortunate. It is a shame that there are many other who don't share this view. 

Aside from the whole finances chat, it would be good for Scotland to go on its own. If we made a c**t of it then at least we did it on our own rather than being brought down by the shambles that is parliament. 

Aside from paying more taxes - I don't think any politician can use my money better than me - I'd say my view was similar to yours prior to 2012.

Where the SNP completely lost me was where they started to lay out their badly ill thought through plans for Independence. For a party whose sole objective since inception had been this dream of separation they quite clearly hadn't thought it through!

The final nail for me was the White Paper in 2013. To have been so critical of everything Westminster does and to then claim that their plan for Scotland was for everything to stay the same simply proved the lack of talent and ability within the nationalist movement. So much so I couldn't trust them with my future or that of my kids. 

55 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

'I'm quite well off so I'm happy for things to stay the same'

'The SNP lost me when their plan for Scotland was for things to stay the same'

What an absolute horse fucking simpleton you are.

Erm - the SNP plan was for things to stay the same, but in a manner where it was extremely clear they couldn't afford it. As I've said - we now know with absolute fact that the SNP White Paper, had it come to pass, would have left Scotland with a £41.7Bn deficit to this point! That would have been a catastrophic situation for a country I am proud to have saved - alongside the rest of the heroic 55%. 

58 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Erm - the SNP plan was for things to stay the same, but in a manner where it was extremely clear they couldn't afford it. As I've said - we now know with absolute fact that the SNP White Paper, had it come to pass, would have left Scotland with a £41.7Bn deficit to this point! That would have been a catastrophic situation for a country I am proud to have saved - alongside the rest of the heroic 55%. 

Spot on. These Scottish nationalists are so thick they will not admit it though.