When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 20/09/2019 at 16:15, Malky3 said:

https://fraserofallander.org/scottish-economy/gers/gers-day-2-after-the-hullaballoo/

Read the article carefully. London, East of England and the South East are in surplus. This boosts spending in Scotland, Northern Ireland and through the other regions in the UK. 

It was a Nationalist on here who recommended reading Fraser and Allander Institute reports. I wish they followed their own advice

England does not have a surplus.  Parts of it do.  Parts of Scotland have a surplus too..

You keep going on about 13bn cuts. It's only a proportion of this which would be necessary.  Therefore you are billions out.  There's no need  to run a surplus.  England haven't done so in years either and neither do virtually any Eurozone or normal country.

Where does England get it's deficit from?  the international money markets, like everyone else.  

you got your bite though,  good for you.

Edited by tirso

On 21/09/2019 at 10:18, DA Baracus said:

Actually you, and everyone else on here, has no idea what he thinks about it all.

He's a troll and posts lies and misleading stuff on purpose. He takes the most contrary and antagonizing stance on everything to get a reaction, because that what trolls do.

For all you know he could be a huge fan of independence. But no one knows because he has never once been genuine and was never intended to be.

I really don't get what anyone still responds to him or his alias.

I’m not sure what’s worse.  People who genuinely don’t understand what a troll is or people who are so thick that they do understand yet keep responding.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m not sure what’s worse.  People who genuinely don’t understand what a troll is or people who are so thick that they do understand yet keep responding.

Probably the second.

25 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I prefer to collectively test them to destruction to the point where everyone knows what they are. Otherwise you just ban everyone with a different viewpoint. Admittedly the destruction in this case happened a long time ago.

23 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I prefer to collectively test them to destruction to the point where everyone knows what they are. Otherwise you just ban everyone with a different viewpoint. Admittedly the destruction in this case happened a long time ago.

:lol:

Not like you to be deliberately thick as f**k though is it?

Some folk seem to be forgetting that Independence is about so much more than the EU issue.
Without a doubt. The EU thing can be dealt with after we vote yes and I'm of the opinion an independent Scotland should hold an EU referendum after independence. I'd vote remain again.

3 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

The SNP certainly don’t, that’s for sure- despite what their opponents say.

Of course they don't. The SNP have been one of the most consistent anti-Brexit, anti-NoDeal parties in WM since the day of the referendum.

The SNP unashamedly support Scottish independence, but they do so pragmatically because they believe it's the best thing for Scotland. One thing they absolutely don't do is seek to sabotage the UK in order to make Scotland seek to get away from it ASAP. SNP MPs - particularly Ian Blackford and Joanna Cherry - have been unwavering in their pursuit that whilst Scotland remains a member of the UK, they'll fight to make the best decisions for people throughout the UK, and opposing Brexit (especially a no deal Brexit) is a major part of that.

The SNP certainly don’t, that’s for sure- despite what their opponents say.
Not so sure.

As it stands right now they are in a win-win position.

If it's a Remain vote then it keeps Scotland in the EU.

If it's No Deal or rehashed May deal then it is more ammo for IndyRef2.

And Westminster has not come out of this at all well - an archaic institution governed by rules that are from as bygone age - where the Executive has way too much power.

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not so sure.

As it stands right now they are in a win-win position.

If it's a Remain vote then it keeps Scotland in the EU.

If it's No Deal or rehashed May deal then it is more ammo for IndyRef2.

And Westminster has not come out of this at all well - an archaic institution governed by rules that are from as bygone age - where the Executive has way too much power.

See Donathan’s post above which is completely correct.

The top brass of the SNP do not believe that a ‘no deal’ Brexit makes Indy easier. 

ETA. Actually from a delivery point of view they believe, probably quite rightly, that a ‘no deal’ Brexit makes Indy far more difficult.

Edited by Londonwell

The issue is people equate support for independence as being the same as Scotland actually being independent as the same. 

Having a no deal brexit may increase support for independence but doesn't make the transition to being an independent country easier by any stretch. 

It's been a cluster f**k these last few years and I wouldn't envy the Scottish negotiating team dealing with Westminster hubris after a no deal situation.