When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, AUFC90 said:

There isn't a single country in the world, similar to Scotland, with a GDP per capita of less than £40,000. The ones with the most similarites tend to be much richer and more successful than the UK with the added bonus of not being ran by a bunch of Oxbridge Tory c***s.

It's not a question of if we would be more successful than the UK over the next 40 years it would just be a question of how much.

Here we go again - the same old Nationalist rubbish. 

I remember when the SNP claimed we could be just like Ireland and Iceland - months before they both went bust. What country is it you want to jinx this time...... 

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

I assume from the above that the troll has had a warning.

Personally.I would suggest that a poster with a reputation for informed (yet cutting) posts is more likely to be afforded some licence thsn an abusive troll that has just appeared on the site.

Just my opinion though.

Biased opinion, obviously. 

I'd expect someone trusted to moderate a forum to show an even hand. 

Moron is an acceptable term when accurately directed.

On 09/08/2019 at 16:51, Malky3 said:

I had hoped that in the modern Scotland we were making some progress towards eradicating sectarianism when in 2012 we saw the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act passed into law unopposed but by 2018 the SNP had repealed the Act

On 19/09/2019 at 09:26, Malky3 said:

BTW its reckoned that around half the SNP membership don't want EU Membership. 

4 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Biased opinion, obviously. 

I'd expect someone trusted to moderate a forum to show an even hand. 

And here's where the policy of not quoting the troll can backfire.

There's now a post missing where he claims that there is unfair moderating.

It's easy to claim bias when you delete your own nonsensical posts.

1 minute ago, lichtgilphead said:

And here's where the policy of not quoting the troll can backfire.

There's now a post missing where he claims that there is unfair moderating.

It's easy to claim bias when you delete your own nonsensical posts.

What are you talking about? 

I haven't deleted any posts.

Yet London's infrastructure spending per head is astronomical compared to every other English region. Infrastructure spending that creates lots of well paid jobs and generates plenty of revenue off the back of it.

The North Easts share is miniscule in comparison and it shows.

No one's fooled by the London and the South East keep us all out of the good of their hearts act. They gave up even pretending to care about anything north of Birmingham a while ago let alone Scotland.

Those gers figures you love so much are only going to get worse as part of the UK and yet instead of actually doing the stuff required to rebalance the situation and sort our shit out you'd rather continue sucking the Westminster boaby hoping for some sea change in policy that will actually distribute the wealth of this rich country more evenly. Sunderland and Middlesbrough don't have a way of getting rid of decades of Westminster mismanagement. We do.

Here we go again - the same old Nationalist rubbish. 
I remember when the SNP claimed we could be just like Ireland and Iceland - months before they both went bust. What country is it you want to jinx this time...... 

Aye I'm sure Iceland looks at the Utopia that is 2019 England and thinks..."I'll have some of that". [emoji23]

49 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Isn't it funny how the word "retarded" used in the context of talking about how stupid an argument is - can get you a warning. But the abusive use of the "Moron" clearly doesn't. I wonder if the moderators on this site are perhaps slightly biased? 

It would be nice to see a more even hand being applied.....

Apologies Malky

You hadn't deleted the post.

It's just difficult to find all your posts amongst all your trolling.

However, I'm sure that you will be delighted to confirm that you have received a warning about 1) your posting style & 2) your use of aliases?

Oh, and IMO, you're still a moron. If I get a warning for this post. I'll tell you asap.

44 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Iceland is still paying off it's debts to the UK. 

You're going to need more straws - you've clutched your way through the current lot. 

https://countryeconomy.com/countries/compare/iceland/uk

There are any number of highlights in that data to confirm just how well Iceland has recovered from the 2008 world financial collapse. Debt as a percentage of GDP is roughly half that of the UK. 

Can you link your source for the statement you made or is it just another brainfart? 

You're absolutely shite at this.  Scotland will thrive when it's able to take decisions for the good of its people like normal countries do. 

You're going to need more straws - you've clutched your way through the current lot. 
There are any number of highlights in that data to confirm just how well Iceland has recovered from the 2008 world financial collapse. Debt as a percentage of GDP is roughly half that of the UK. 
Can you link your source for the statement you made or is it just another brainfart? 
You're absolutely shite at this.  Scotland will thrive when it's able to take decisions for the good of its people like normal countries do. 

Even on a non economic basis Iceland shits all over the UK, they jailed the arseholes that caused the crash whilst we just made them all richer. f**k anyone who thinks Iceland is in anyway inferior.

24 minutes ago, HTG said:

Have you researched what happened in Iceland after the banking collapse? 

High interest rates, proper austerity (unlike the kid on one we have in the UK), strict capital controls that remained in place for 9 years and loads of workers being made redundant. GDP fell overnight by 15%. The value of the Krona fell through the floor - and the country only really started to recover because of a rise in tourism, which has left them with a choked infrastructure that they can't afford to fix. 

The world didn't end for them, and aye they've recovered at least to a decent extent. But the fact that Nationalists would STILL wish that sort of hardship on their fellow countrymen for a decade at least really says something about the drive they put behind their ideology rather than their patriotism and wanting the best for their country. 

Have you researched what happened in Iceland after the banking collapse? 
High interest rates, proper austerity (unlike the kid on one we have in the UK), strict capital controls that remained in place for 9 years and loads of workers being made redundant. GDP fell overnight by 15%. The value of the Krona fell through the floor - and the country only really started to recover because of a rise in tourism, which has left them with a choked infrastructure that they can't afford to fix. 
The world didn't end for them, and aye they've recovered at least to a decent extent. But the fact that Nationalists would STILL wish that sort of hardship on their fellow countrymen for a decade at least really says something about the drive they put behind their ideology rather than their patriotism and wanting the best for their country. 
You mean like Brexit is doing to us without even having voted for it?

Cool story.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Block him and his sockpuppets then. Nobody is ever, ever going to convince him so it is wasted energy. He doens't actually care about the 13 billion etc. He believes Scots are unique among humanity's peoples in being incapable and more to the point undeserving of governing themselves.

Actually you, and everyone else on here, has no idea what he thinks about it all.

He's a troll and posts lies and misleading stuff on purpose. He takes the most contrary and antagonizing stance on everything to get a reaction, because that what trolls do.

For all you know he could be a huge fan of independence. But no one knows because he has never once been genuine and was never intended to be.

I really don't get what anyone still responds to him or his alias.