When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 18/09/2019 at 19:29, Chapelhall chap said:
I was tele polled by Survation on Monday afternoon. They did not say who the poll was for. There was no such "remain/Leave" question put to me so I wonder if my call was for a later survey? All the usual questions on voting history and intentions.  

I take it this is the "poll" that the Fail were running all over their front page today?

No idea as I have not seen "The Fail" Will catch up now I have seen all the midweek football.

What services would you cut, or how would you raise the money, to fill the £13Bn difference between what the Scottish Government spends and what Scotland raises in tax revenues?

By stating this you’re either incredibly thick, or a compulsive liar. I might even go with the third option, mix it up a bit, and say you’re a bit of both.

4 hours ago, Londonwell said:

It was a 3rd of SNP supporters not a half at the time of the last EU ref. Internal polling suggests that is lower now and also that the majority of them wouldn’t let their views on Europe change their vote on independence.

So aye, stop talking shite. 

I assume the reason it's lower now is because the SNP voters who voted for Brexit probably aren't voting SNP anymore. These are the guys in Aberdeenshire that vote Tory now.

4 hours ago, Donathan said:

I assume the reason it's lower now is because the SNP voters who voted for Brexit probably aren't voting SNP anymore. These are the guys in Aberdeenshire that vote Tory now.

Na man, it’s the Scottish Nationalists that want ‘true independence’ cut off from the UK and the EU. Nothing to do with the Tories this one. 

13 hours ago, DublinMagyar said:

Don't hold your breath mate

I said half of the SNP membership. I didn't mention their supporters - most of whom just do as their told by Wings, The National and by SNP central office. 

The EU is an issue that would have split the SNP completely had it not been for their attempt to weaponise the issue to get a 2nd Independence Referendum. Even with that the party is still on the brink of fragmenting as the really mental nationalists appear keen to back a Wings party. 

9 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Milky still going on about the UK sponsored £13bn deficit. 😂

Anybody that's geniuenly worried about Scotland having a deficit would want Scotland out of the UK ASAP.

No I'm not. I think I'm being perfectly clear. Scotland in the UK gets £13Bn more to spend than it raises in revenue. Thats not a deficit. Its a benefit of the Barnett Formula. 

I simply keep asking, if Scotland is Independent, the Barnett Formula no longer applies and Scotland can't tap into the surpluses generated in England - how will they bridge the £13Bn fiscal gap? 

No Nationalists seem willing to answer - probably because they know that telling us that Independence would cost every person living in Scotland around £2500 per annum more might not be a vote winner. Imagine the average family having to find an extra £10,000 per annum more just to get the services we've got. 

12 hours ago, Father Ted said:

Defender of the Union, I'm on the edge of my seat here, outline your positive case for the union?

After all, at a glance. I see the Tories have borrowed more cash in their time in government than has been borrowed by all the governments combined since WW2.

Are they still printing magic money? (Quantative easing).

What is the current UK deficit?

I think we can both agree that £13 billion pales in comparison to the above. I think you would be better concerning yourself with that.

If it continues, the banking crisis of 2008, will be a blip compared to what's coming.

This union is finished, and its the greed and self interest of Westminster, the Tories and the Tory voters that will nail it.

I'm getting the popcorn out for this delight.

This year the UK economy would have been in surplus had it not been for the spending to prepare for a no deal brexit. 

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Should be easy to show where Ian Curtis said half the Snp membership support leave then, unless of course you just made it up, like your inventions about the OBAF Act and numerous others.

In the Lyrics for Atmosphere?

21 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

No I'm not. I think I'm being perfectly clear. Scotland in the UK gets £13Bn more to spend than it raises in revenue. Thats not a deficit. Its a benefit of the Barnett Formula. 

I simply keep asking, if Scotland is Independent, the Barnett Formula no longer applies and Scotland can't tap into the surpluses generated in England - how will they bridge the £13Bn fiscal gap? 

No Nationalists seem willing to answer - probably because they know that telling us that Independence would cost every person living in Scotland around £2500 per annum more might not be a vote winner. Imagine the average family having to find an extra £10,000 per annum more just to get the services we've got. 

England doesn't generate a surplus to give anyone.  They get what they need to cover excesses like every other country.  Like what Scotland would do.

You're still using 13bn instead of a proportion of what is a sustainable deficit.  you're literally billions out and only looking at one side of the balance sheet.  in one year.  

1 minute ago, tirso said:

England doesn't generate a surplus to give anyone.  They get what they need to cover excesses like every other country.  Like what Scotland would do.

You're still using 13bn instead of a proportion of what is a sustainable deficit.  you're literally billions out and only looking at one side of the balance sheet.  in one year.  

Im genuinely not. You clearly have chosen not to read the GERs report, the Frase and Allander blog that provided an extremely helpful explanation, and you don't understand how the Barnett Formula works. 

58 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Scotland doesn’t get 13bn more to spend, because it’s not Scotland that spends it.

We’ve been over this countless times. The UK Government borrows and spends that money however they see fit.

£13bn + nearly half of Scotland’s tax revenues are spent ‘in secret’ by Westminster.

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

I said half of the SNP membership. I didn't mention their supporters - most of whom just do as their told by Wings, The National and by SNP central office. 

The EU is an issue that would have split the SNP completely had it not been for their attempt to weaponise the issue to get a 2nd Independence Referendum. Even with that the party is still on the brink of fragmenting as the really mental nationalists appear keen to back a Wings party. 

This is very strange behaviour. 

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Im genuinely not. You clearly have chosen not to read the GERs report, the Frase and Allander blog that provided an extremely helpful explanation, and you don't understand how the Barnett Formula works. 

Okay tell me what England's surplus is please.

4 hours ago, tirso said:

Okay tell me what England's surplus is please.

https://fraserofallander.org/scottish-economy/gers/gers-day-2-after-the-hullaballoo/

Read the article carefully. London, East of England and the South East are in surplus. This boosts spending in Scotland, Northern Ireland and through the other regions in the UK. 

It was a Nationalist on here who recommended reading Fraser and Allander Institute reports. I wish they followed their own advice

1 minute ago, Malky3 said:

https://fraserofallander.org/scottish-economy/gers/gers-day-2-after-the-hullaballoo/

Read the article carefully. London, East of England and the South East are in surplus. This boosts spending in Scotland, Northern Ireland and through the other regions in the UK. 

It was a Nationalist on here who recommended reading Fraser and Allander Institute reports. I wish they followed their own advice

Jesus Christ !!

Why are they in surplus ?

Simple, it's due to Government policy and placement of subsidies to promote certain areas for investment to the detriment of the rest.

Why is this so difficult to grasp ???

7 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

I don't know why you bother mate. 

If you said black, they will say white.

They are a bunch of brainwashed, ignorant nutters. That's putting it politely.

I really admire you trying though.