When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Strengthened the argument you say. Fair enough. Go on then. What services would you cut, or how would you raise the money, to fill the £13Bn difference between what the Scottish Government spends and what Scotland raises in tax revenues? 
Simply question for the emboldened Nat so go on. You must be dying to tell me how you replace all that lovely money from London, the South East and the East of England. What would you do without the Barnett Formula? 

Desperation? That'll be the word I would use to describe the SNP's anger at the Independence poll. For years they've mocked saying that the Unionist argument is that Scotland is "too wee, too poor and too stupid". Today they argue that Scots are too stupid to understand the question. Who knows, maybe they are right. After all the SNP have been destroying Scottish education for well over a decade now. 

Can't be that bad or they wouldn't be shoeing your lot at every election for the last 10 years.

Unlucky.

And yes, desperation, the entire 30% of devout unionists are utterly shiteing it. Hence why they're desperate not to have another "divisive referendum" as they call it. It's delicious.

5 years on and the Yes movement is still going strong and getting stronger by the day.  We have Independence marches and rallies that are attended by thousands.  Independence is coming and it will be soon.
In contrast the unionist movement are weakening and usually only have a couple of dozen counter protesters at the marches.  I am reading that a lot of people that voted no in 2014 now wish they had voted Yes.  
The union is dying a death, its rotting corpse is starting to smell like dying flesh on a butchers apron. 
(Don't know where that came from, think I must have heard it somewhere before)

Independence is coming because there are thousands of people waving flags, wearing kilts and painting their faces and marching down high streets? The sensible majority don’t bother with marches, as Scotland has voted to remain in Britain so what would they be marching for?

At least you’re being positive and haven’t been living under a depressing dark cloud for the last five years like many of the others that hold your minority view.

Can't be that bad or they wouldn't be shoeing your lot at every election for the last 10 years. Unlucky.
And yes, desperation, the entire 30% of devout unionists are utterly shiteing it. Hence why they're desperate not to have another "divisive referendum" as they call it. It's delicious.

Those salty, salty anniversary tears. Pleasing.

2 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Independence is coming because there are thousands of people waving flags, wearing kilts and painting their faces and marching down high streets? The sensible majority don’t bother with marches, as Scotland has voted to remain in Britain so what would they be marching for?

At least you’re being positive and haven’t been living under a depressing dark cloud for the last five years like many of the others that hold your minority view.

The "sensible majority" are looking less sensible and less like a majority with every passing brexit day.

I don't normally put a lot of faith in Scottish Independence polls as they usually over inflate the "Yes" vote but the latest Scottish Independence poll by Survation will cause a few ructions I reckon. 
59% of Scots in a poll of 1003 said they wished to Remain in the UK and only 27% of Scots said they wanted another Independence Referendum in the next 18 months.  51% also said that another Scottish Independence Referendum would make Scotland more divided. 
Sturgeon said she would only call for a referendum when the polls consistently showed Scots wanted Independence so to answer the original question - NEVER! Thank f**k! 
This was conducted by Scotland in the Union on the 12th July at the grand lodge, and still 40% of respondents wanted to get the f**k out. # unionintatters. # tick tock. # Malkys a clown. # should be no space.

[emoji1099][emoji1099][emoji1099][emoji1099][emoji1099]

One bad poll and the Nationalists ramp up their abuse. And the desperate straw clutching of The National newspaper really made me laugh. 

Scottish Nationalists haven't and aren't able to make a single positive argument for Independence. They've got no answer to how Scotland will replace all the revenue we get from the Barnett Formula. They've got no credible answer to the currency question. They can't even tell us which one of the services that they've criticised for decades they would scrap in an Independent Scotland. Christ, most of the Nationalists don't even seem to have worked out that if Scotland ever voted yes for Independence we'd have to negotiate with Westminster and all 27 member states of the EU - all with their own self interests to look after - to try the Utopia they are being promised. 

Happy Fifth Anniversary. Here's to at least another 100 more. 

5 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

One bad poll and the Nationalists ramp up their abuse. And the desperate straw clutching of The National newspaper really made me laugh. 

Scottish Nationalists haven't and aren't able to make a single positive argument for Independence. They've got no answer to how Scotland will replace all the revenue we get from the Barnett Formula. They've got no credible answer to the currency question. They can't even tell us which one of the services that they've criticised for decades they would scrap in an Independent Scotland. Christ, most of the Nationalists don't even seem to have worked out that if Scotland ever voted yes for Independence we'd have to negotiate with Westminster and all 27 member states of the EU - all with their own self interests to look after - to try the Utopia they are being promised. 

Happy Fifth Anniversary. Here's to at least another 100 more. 

images (1).jpeg

I was tele polled by Survation on Monday afternoon. They did not say who the poll was for. There was no such "remain/Leave" question put to me so I wonder if my call was for a later survey? All the usual questions on voting history and intentions.  
I take it this is the "poll" that the Fail were running all over their front page today?

Is anyone actually bothered by the 2014 result now? I’m pretty much over it. It was a sickener at the time but as the years have passed I’ve come to realise that everything else that’s happened since then has only strengthened the argument for independence and has put Yessers in a far stronger position to win an indyref2. Feels like there’s more justification for it. I mean, it’s inevitable really. Even if we lost the second referendum there would be a third and so on until it happens because more and more people are slowly realising the potential. It’s never going away.
Most folk here know my position in 2014 - certainly I think the Brexit vote began to shift my views - what sort of confirmed it was how little Scottish views have been respected since that vote - not just by the Tories but also by the Labour Party.

In terms of economics, I think things have also moved on, certainly the currency issue seems more planned than it was during the referendum campaign. A lot of that goes down to the excellent leadership shown by Sturgeon - unlike Salmond, who seemed to revel in rubbing up people the wrong way, she has come across as someone who genuinely has shown leadership but a willingness to listen and compromise when she has had to.

A hard Brexit - either with a deal or a No Deal will only hasten support for independence. I know it's only anecdotal but, when you know acquaintances and family who are normally very pro-Union say they would consider voting for independence - to escape the mess that is Westminster - then you know the game is up the poley.