When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is anyone actually bothered by the 2014 result now? I’m pretty much over it. It was a sickener at the time but as the years have passed I’ve come to realise that everything else that’s happened since then has only strengthened the argument for independence and has put Yessers in a far stronger position to win an indyref2. Feels like there’s more justification for it. I mean, it’s inevitable really. Even if we lost the second referendum there would be a third and so on until it happens because more and more people are slowly realising the potential. It’s never going away.

Comedy Gold on BBC HYS,

1. How is Scotland 5 years on.....divided and now just fueled by nationalist hate. well done SNP you have broken the country beyond repair !

Scotland has become utterly toxic. Good people bullied into silence by a band of cybernats and nationalist zealots.

2. I left for better prospects down south, feel very settled and won't be back. Scotland is not a place I recognise anymore and doesn't feel like home.

And the many of Scots I know in England feel similar. Why go back for a huge pay cut and curtailing my life prospects?

3. You'd like to think that Brexit would teach folk about the consequences of breaking up unions but the Braveheart Brigade led by Commander in Chief Sturgeon prefer the romantic version of independence as opposed to the economic reality.

4. Funny how Sturgeon was banging on the other week about a poll by her goons and that it proved the case for Indy 2 but dismisses a similar poll carried out by Unionists.

I would say hypocrisy was evident however it is just the usual mince we have come to expect from a fading politician with a fading dream.

We said No once and we will say No again.

5. Scotland has changed for the worse under the useless SNP governance. Not only have all public services, health , education, policing etc nosedived the divisive SNP have stirred up an us and them divide. The blinkered ''independence at any cost'' mob refuse to see that the ten years + audition this lot have had has resulted in Scotland being a country of high taxation and nanny state mentality.

6. If rUK eventually get Brexit the it opens up yet more questions for an independent Scotland.

Hard border with England?
Currency?
Lender of last resort?
FoM?
How to make up for Barnett money?

Mid to high earners already being squeezed and having a pay differential to rUK would probably leave Scotland decreasing the tax take further.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Is anyone actually bothered by the 2014 result now? I’m pretty much over it. It was a sickener at the time but as the years have passed I’ve come to realise that everything else that’s happened since then has only strengthened the argument for independence and has put Yessers in a far stronger position to win an indyref2. Feels like there’s more justification for it. I mean, it’s inevitable really. Even if we lost the second referendum there would be a third and so on until it happens because more and more people are slowly realising the potential. It’s never going away.

Strengthened the argument you say. Fair enough. Go on then. What services would you cut, or how would you raise the money, to fill the £13Bn difference between what the Scottish Government spends and what Scotland raises in tax revenues? 

Simply question for the emboldened Nat so go on. You must be dying to tell me how you replace all that lovely money from London, the South East and the East of England. What would you do without the Barnett Formula? 

20 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Strengthened the argument you say. Fair enough. Go on then. What services would you cut, or how would you raise the money, to fill the £13Bn difference between what the Scottish Government spends and what Scotland raises in tax revenues? 

Simply question for the emboldened Nat so go on. You must be dying to tell me how you replace all that lovely money from London, the South East and the East of England. What would you do without the Barnett Formula? 

Those in London would miss our tax revenues.

We wouldn't need a Barnett Formula.

The South and East of England could send all their lovely money to Hull or Sunderland. 

[emoji23]

Polls are generally to be ignored. Remember the one on the eve of IndyRef that had Yes leading [emoji23][emoji23]
It wasn't on the eve of Indy ref at all. Shows how much you know. It was week or so before and then spurned David Cameron and George Osbourne to run around like headless chickens for a wee while.

They almost had a fuel blown anuerysm on live TV all because it looked like there was actually a chance that this supposed subsidised part of the UK would actually leave.

This. Most yessers see it as inevitable. Once the genie is out the box there's no putting it back. It's a natural progression to an independent nation. It's precisely why the 30% or so of devout unionists are absolutely shitting themselves and resort to stuff like making multiple accounts or retiring from the Scottish Conservatives.

I find their ever increasing desperation increasingly funny.

1 hour ago, AUFC90 said:

It wasn't on the eve of Indy ref at all. Shows how much you know. It was week or so before and then spurned David Cameron and George Osbourne to run around like headless chickens for a wee while.

They almost had a fuel blown anuerysm on live TV all because it looked like there was actually a chance that this supposed subsidised part of the UK would actually leave.

Yep, it led directly to the utterly pointless vow. Think Gordon Brown (*hiss*) was featured more prominently after that poll too.

This. Most yessers see it as inevitable. Once the genie is out the box there's no putting it back. It's a natural progression to an independent nation. It's precisely why the 30% or so of devout unionists are absolutely shitting themselves and resort to stuff like making multiple accounts or retiring from the Scottish Conservatives. I find their ever increasing desperation increasingly funny.

[emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

This. Most yessers see it as inevitable. Once the genie is out the box there's no putting it back. It's a natural progression to an independent nation. It's precisely why the 30% or so of devout unionists are absolutely shitting themselves and resort to stuff like making multiple accounts or retiring from the Scottish Conservatives.

I find their ever increasing desperation increasingly funny.

Desperation? That'll be the word I would use to describe the SNP's anger at the Independence poll. For years they've mocked saying that the Unionist argument is that Scotland is "too wee, too poor and too stupid". Today they argue that Scots are too stupid to understand the question. Who knows, maybe they are right. After all the SNP have been destroying Scottish education for well over a decade now. 

Desperation? That'll be the word I would use to describe the SNP's anger at the Independence poll. For years they've mocked saying that the Unionist argument is that Scotland is "too wee, too poor and too stupid". Today they argue that Scots are too stupid to understand the question. Who knows, maybe they are right. After all the SNP have been destroying Scottish education for well over a decade now. 
You would think that would hit them at the polls then eh.

Gutter for you that the people of Scotland just keep on returning the SNP to Westminster to act on our behalf.

Look forward to my constituency doing the same again.

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

And the problem with a yes/no question is what exactly? Easily understandable. Everybody kens the score. 

All this fucking about with leave/remain on the ballot and Scottish Tories on about two third majorities for a referendum that, apparently, nobody wants is all a bit queer. 

If there was genuine confidence of a further victory for the UK a section 30 would be granted nae bother. But the confidence is not there. It's 50/50 in the polls, even before a campaign and if you are to be believed, an appaliing Government with dreadful policies at the helm of the yes campaign.

You know it's pish. I know it's pish. Scotland in Union know it's pish.

When the shops run out if food in early November, the garages are rationing fuel and the lights start going off - under the union- there will be no way back. "It'll be worse under independence" won't wash and the union game is up the poll.

Enjoy.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17911212.john-curtice-unionist-poll-reflects-rising-support-indyref2/?fbclid=IwAR3GTg63b9XKR8M6spf3FSI1YxNkpC2w3bOaPA2C_oAPAAeDOkCcZiTuX2g

"When, six months ago, voters were presented with a range of options for the timing of another ballot, just 31% opted for holding one within the next five years. Presented with a similar set of options now, 42% express that view."

So in other words. Even with the same very selective wording of their questions, support for another independence referendum has gone up from 31% to 42% in just six months, according to Scotland In Union. 😂