When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

That’s Border Travel at Burns statue in Dumfries in the background. That’ll be one of the 20 (twenty) who turned up to protest against the 10,000 (ten thousand) who marched for independence.

Well done an that. 2,001,926 voted No. 

3 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Well done an that. 2,001,926 voted No. 

The vast majority of Scots who voted to remain in the Union, were actually voting to remain in the EU, seeing as that was the promise made to them.

My fiancee is one such person who voted to stay in, based solely on that promise. A couple of years down the line she voted to stay in the EU, yet English votes mean we're leaving.

Just one example, but shes already told me she'll vote for independence next time.

Her job means she sort of knows when votes are coming (she told me last year there would be a general election this August...), she reckons there'll be an unofficial vote for Independence once Brexit is confirmed and the UK starts to leave the EU, if that unofficial vote shows the majority of Scots want Independence, the SNP can legally declare it.

3 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Aye, folk are going to make their decision in a major constitutional referendum based on the fact it took them 20 minutes longer one Saturday to get to Ikea. STFU.

It wasn't even that much hassle. The parade started right outside my house and it didn't cause me a single issue (apart from the dog getting hyper as f**k about all the people).

Theres been signs on every affected road for well over a week before it took place, so everyone local knew exactly where to avoid. 

I'd say that peaceful marching/ protest in order to obtain a legal vote is the very definition of democracy.
This.

In any democracy you have the right to protest, to demonstrate - just because you might disagree with the issue being protested on does not make the right to protest itself wrong.

The only time a protest or demonstration is not legitimate is when it is violent or incites violence or hatred.

These marches have been well-behaved and good-humoured - the only violence or hatred being preached is usually by the small rabble of union flag clad Nazis and racists that counter-protest.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The vast majority of Scots who voted to remain in the Union, were actually voting to remain in the EU, seeing as that was the promise made to them.

My fiancee is one such person who voted to stay in, based solely on that promise. A couple of years down the line she voted to stay in the EU, yet English votes mean we're leaving.

Just one example, but shes already told me she'll vote for independence next time.

Her job means she sort of knows when votes are coming (she told me last year there would be a general election this August...), she reckons there'll be an unofficial vote for Independence once Brexit is confirmed and the UK starts to leave the EU, if that unofficial vote shows the majority of Scots want Independence, the SNP can legally declare it.

Have you figures for that bold statement in your first paragraph ? 

12 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This.

In any democracy you have the right to protest, to demonstrate - just because you might disagree with the issue being protested on does not make the right to protest itself wrong.

The only time a protest or demonstration is not legitimate is when it is violent or incites violence or hatred.

These marches have been well-behaved and good-humoured - the only violence or hatred being preached is usually by the small rabble of union flag clad Nazis and racists that counter-protest.

On the whole the first sentence in your last paragraph is true but the 2nd one is not. The small rabble of people are subject to a lot of abuse and hatred. And to call them all Nazis and racists is just not only ridiculous but very wrong.

7 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

On the whole the first sentence in your last paragraph is true but the 2nd one is not. The small rabble of people are subject to a lot of abuse and hatred. And to call them all Nazis and racists is just not only ridiculous but very wrong.

1) Pointing & laughing is not equal to abuse & hatred

2) Alistair McConachie (the one that shouts pro-union nonsense through a PA system at AUOB events) is a holocaust denirer.

“I don't accept that gas chambers were used to execute Jews for the simple fact there is no direct physical evidence to show that such gas chambers ever existed... There are no photographs or films of execution gas chambers.... Alleged eyewitness accounts are revealed as false or highly exaggerated.”

Speaking to the Sunday Herald, McConnachie said: “I stand by that comment."

5 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

1) Pointing & laughing is not equal to abuse & hatred

2) Alistair McConachie (the one that shouts pro-union nonsense through a PA system at AUOB events) is a holocaust denirer.

“I don't accept that gas chambers were used to execute Jews for the simple fact there is no direct physical evidence to show that such gas chambers ever existed... There are no photographs or films of execution gas chambers.... Alleged eyewitness accounts are revealed as false or highly exaggerated.”

Speaking to the Sunday Herald, McConnachie said: “I stand by that comment."

I know about McConachie. He is scum.But to call all of them racist and Nazis is wrong. 

And there has been a bit more than pointing and laughing. Did you not see the picture of the Scottish nationalist screaming abuse ? That is not the only one.

7 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

I know about McConachie. He is scum.But to call all of them racist and Nazis is wrong. 

And there has been a bit more than pointing and laughing. Did you not see the picture of the Scottish nationalist screaming abuse ? That is not the only one.

His right hand man is Max Dunbar a well known right wing bigot and former big shot in the BNP. He also booted a pregnant women during Indy Ref. Also Neo Nazi leader of the National Front David McDonald was pictured with the cuddly yoons at Aberdeen march.

Edited by dirty dingus

19 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

His right hand man is Max Dunbar a well known right wing bigot and former big shot in the BNP. He also booted a pregnant women during Indy Ref. Also Neo Nazi leader of the National Front David McDonald was pictured with the cuddly yoons at Aberdeen march.

The man is scum.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've masturbated to less

2 hours ago, Glenanover said:

Are you Kincardine's wee sister/blow up associate/alter ego ???

Whilst i'm all for open debate on subjects with views and arguments vented from all sides, it seems only you and yer mucker are the only solid anti-Scottish unionistas who throw negatives at the majority on each and every occasion.  The modus operandi is exactly the same.  Pro-unionist, anti-independence stance, which is fine for many people, but you hide behind the "show me where i was xenophobic/racist/anti-Scottish" guff whilst littering your input with blatant chicanery promoting your britannia ruling the waves tosh.