When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Yeah, it was a All Under One Banner event, so they are usually pretty well organised and publicised. John Swinny and Pete Wishart did speeches at the end, bands were playing, stalls set up and to top it off they had a George Michael impersonator singing and dancing. Very cringy but in a funny way. Cracking atmosphere for the duration of the day. There was a counter protest in town from Unionists but it was pathetic, no more than 30 people waving Union Jacks. Maggot of a protest.

Thanks for your reply - sounds good, wish I had been there.

Unfortunately this wasn't well publicised in Accrington .

:(

29 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Yeah, it was a All Under One Banner event, so they are usually pretty well organised and publicised. John Swinny and Pete Wishart did speeches at the end, bands were playing, stalls set up and to top it off they had a George Michael impersonator singing and dancing. Very cringy but in a funny way. Cracking atmosphere for the duration of the day. There was a counter protest in town from Unionists but it was pathetic, no more than 30 people waving Union Jacks. Maggot of a protest.

Shame it wasn't mentioned on the Scottish News, but then they were kind of tied up with some Irish Republican march in Glasgow. From what I could see of that it looked like there were more police than anyone else taking part.

Nothing says independence for Scotland than a George Michael impersonator. Actually he was apparently a very compassionate nice man so maybe it does.

Another day,another march....,I'm heading to the Stirling Brig commemoration today starting at the Causeway head park at 2pm and finishing at the auld brig,after entertainment at the Stirling County rugby club,Ted C etc,all welcome.
No offence like but they always strike me as being a shower of tedious arseholes.

2 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
2 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:
Another day,another march....,I'm heading to the Stirling Brig commemoration today starting at the Causeway head park at 2pm and finishing at the auld brig,after entertainment at the Stirling County rugby club,Ted C etc,all welcome.

No offence like but they always strike me as being a shower of tedious arseholes.

Everyone to themselves I suppose jim 🙂

5 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
8 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

my mrs provided some sound equipment and music to one of those events in a pub in  stirlng this year.  whilst the bloke in charge was brand new the crowd in general was sparse, steaming drunk, wearing kilts football tops / general tartan army gear  and singing Scotland football songs. we turned up for around an hour in the early evening whilst she did her set, got paid and got the hell out of dodge . I've wanted independence since I was old enough to understand the concept but f**k I was glad when we were heading up the road

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

Is it possible that these events are having an effect on the attendance at Scotland games? Patriotic roasters can get the dress up box out without having to endure Stephen O'Donnell?

You’re probably at the wind up but I’ll bite, Yes? There are many non football fans inthe tartan army many who just go and get drunk and have a sing song . Now you can do that .
When i was a drinker i never noticed, probably cause i was part of it all . But ive been tee total for over 5 years now . And i was quite taken aback at a few Scotland games ( in which we were shite and got pumped) how little anyone seemed to care about the result , in stark contrast to the post defeat gloom of falkirk games ( which i never really bevy’d at anyway) . It’s just a social day oot for most and a wee bit off putting tbh

4 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

my mrs provided some sound equipment and music to one of those events in a pub in  stirlng this year.  whilst the bloke in charge was brand new the crowd in general was sparse, steaming drunk, wearing kilts football tops / general tartan army gear  and singing Scotland football songs. we turned up for around an hour in the early evening whilst she did her set, got paid and got the hell out of dodge . I've wanted independence since I was old enough to understand the concept but f**k I was glad when we were coming down the road

FTFy

1 minute ago, Glenanover said:

What an embarrassment. 

No as embarrassing as the clowns dressed in fancy dress with a sash round there neck.

I'm a protestant and proud of it but I couldn't care less about N.Ireland or Ireland.

The people who marched up in Perth came from all backgrounds and quite a few were English.

The OO think its awrite for them to hav there parades and everyone has to accept it but if anyone else has one then by God they're oot protesting.

Seems to me glenanover you boys are shitting it your union is coming to an end.

The great thing about the AUOB marches is they raise awareness and generate publicity. 

I was in Austria recently and watched a report on Scottish independence and pics from a AUOB on TV in my hotel.  These pics are beamed all over Europe and beyond.

All countries have rallies and marches and Scotland should not be any different.

Europe is very much aware we have a thriving independence movement. And the AUOB marches play a part in that.  

30 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

No as embarrassing as the clowns dressed in fancy dress with a sash round there neck.

I'm a protestant and proud of it but I couldn't care less about N.Ireland or Ireland.

The people who marched up in Perth came from all backgrounds and quite a few were English.

The OO think its awrite for them to hav there parades and everyone has to accept it but if anyone else has one then by God they're oot protesting.

Seems to me glenanover you boys are shitting it your union is coming to an end.

Agree with you apart from your last paragraph.

I have no interest in the oo, NI, Ireland, Billy boys etc......

I have zero interest in religion.

Stand by what I said though, these marches are embarrassing.