When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This Malky dude and his Glenanover alias remind me of Deegas on the 2013/14 equivalent thread. He just stumbled onto the thread- as you do- being a bristol rovers fan with about four posts and spammed it with similar pish for over a year.

Great to see that the modus operandi remains the same at Scotland In Union or whomever by getting volunteers....sorry volunteer (singular) to give up their time to try and kick back against the tide. 

Maybe he was fatigued. Being up all night mashing away at the politics section of a football forum, on your umpteenth alias account must be pretty tiring.

I should really tell about the 90% of the Scots I know who work in the oil industry and support Scottish independence, that their jobs would be gone as a result.

24 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I should really tell about the 90% of the Scots I know who work in the oil industry and support Scottish independence, that their jobs would be gone as a result.

Westminster have terribly mismanaged our huge natural resource and essentially given decades of it away as freebies to the rich and greedy. Consecutive labour and Tory govts have made the shareholders of BP, shell etc and numerous investment funds a tidy wee packet.

With our resource. At the expense of our public sector.

There are decades left. More off to the West, once we get rid of the weapons of mass murder from the Clyde. Scotland must look to the Norwegian model. With compulsory purchase nationalisation if necessary. 

We extract simar amounts. The Norwegian public sector receives 10 times as much as the UK public purse. Scotland in turn receives a population share of this smaller amount. You do the sums. Please explain again how we are better off in this Disunited kingdom.

Scottish unionists are f@ckin mugs.

4 hours ago, Malky3 said:

I think I'd prefer to take the word of Sir Peter Wood over a no-body on a football forum. 

Here's what he said back in 2014 when Alex Salmond was boasting - like you are - about the kind of revenues an Independent Scotland could get from the North Sea.

If you think increasing taxes would have companies queuing up to drill in the North Sea, I think you're more deluded than I first thought you were. 

I think putting your trust in a man that has made more money out of Scotland's oil than Scotland may be misguided.

This lying yoon is meant to be an expert in the oil sector.

2014 - Sir Ian said: "The loss of significant offshore oil and gas tax revenues as the North Sea runs down will have a big impact on our economy, jobs and balance of payments, with significant increases in household energy bills - and a very adverse impact on the legacy for future generations in an independent Scotland."

He explained: "It means our young voters must be fully aware that by the time they are middle aged, Scotland will have little offshore oil and gas production and this will seriously hit our economy, jobs and public services.

"What's more, the rundown impact will begin to be felt by 2030, which is only 15 years from now."

2017 - Sir Ian said, whether there are 10 or 20 billion barrels of oil left, there is still a future in the North Sea.

He added: “This industry is nowhere near the end of its life. That’s really important.

Edited by dirty dingus

This lying yoon is meant to be an expert in the oil sector.
2014 - Sir Ian said: "The loss of significant offshore oil and gas tax revenues as the North Sea runs down will have a big impact on our economy, jobs and balance of payments, with significant increases in household energy bills - and a very adverse impact on the legacy for future generations in an independent Scotland."
He explained: "It means our young voters must be fully aware that by the time they are middle aged, Scotland will have little offshore oil and gas production and this will seriously hit our economy, jobs and public services.
"What's more, the rundown impact will begin to be felt by 2030, which is only 15 years from now."

2017 - Sir Ian said, whether there are 10 or 20 billion barrels of oil left, there is still a future in the North Sea.
He added: “This industry is nowhere near the end of its life. That’s really important.

Ian wood is clearly a unionist and indulges in self interest but stating that North Sea oil has a finite life and stating that it’s not finished yet can both be true.

An independent Scotland needs to look beyond oil as a cornerstone of the economy.

20 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

Maybe you can answer Malkys questions ? 

Which questions are those?

Maybe you can explain why you want to stay tied to a country where Boris can suspend parliament just because he does not like what they are going to do?

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Which questions are those?

Maybe you can explain why you want to stay tied to a country where Boris can suspend parliament just because he does not like what they are going to do?

Answered that many times. Nationalists on this site called it "I'm alright Jack" and that really does sum it up. I'm happy and comfortable with how things have been and how things are within the UK. To get me to change my vote on Scottish Independence the Nationalists would have to prove my family and I would be better off financially in an Independent Scotland. 

I've asked repeatedly what public services the Nationalists would have cut to fund the £29.9Bn fiscal black hole that would have happened had we followed the SNP White Paper in 2014. I've asked how building a hard border between Scotland and England would benefit an Independent Scotland, when an already Independent Ireland is saying it will be catastrophic - and will create a National Emergency - for them. 

To answer your second question - I don't like the attempt to suspend parliament, but I also don't like the idea of a laughably titled "Government of National Unity" that sees Scottish and Irish Separatists, prop up a Marxist Brexiteer PM with the lowest approval ratings of any Labour Party leader in history. And for me the most heinous and blatant attempt at political self harm during the whole Brexit issue was when Ken Clarke's proposal in the indicative votes tried to force the UK Government into a permanent Customs Union with the EU. It lost by 2 votes - all SNP MP's abstained!