When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If we’re incapable of highlighting that Boris and the tory elite are cuntz then we really shouldnt be independent.

The SNP have been pretty poor at getting out of a tight corner, no doubt they'll hog the show again.

Edited by ayrmad

7 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

In terms of revenue, North sea oil generated just under £1bn from the Scottish sector. This £1bn is to be pooled and shared with uk.

Oil from the Norway sector meanwhile generated circa £30bn to be shared by itself.

Did you read the Fraser And Allander blog on the GERs Report that I linked to last night? It deals with this very succinctly. 

The reason oil revenues have been much lower in Scotland than in Norway is because of the tax deductible investment that these companies have put in to the oil fields since 2011. It's not a GERs Report / Westminster stitch up. It's factual - at least according to them. 

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Agree with your point, indyref wont be won by hope over fear or auob or anything else of the like. We need to fight them with information, have the best media and social media tactics and absolutely destroy the westminster establishment/better together leaders.

You've already got an impressive social media presence that allows the Nationalists to continue bombarding the faithful with anti Westminister nonsense. What the Nationalists need to do is to tone down the abuse massively, tone down the spin to make it less comedic, and to actually give their "fanboys" proper factual and checkable answers to the kind of economic questions I've been putting up on here. 

You need credible answers to how Sterlingisation is going to work. How you are going to run a new currency and manage the cost and the risks involved. You're going to have to be able to outline what parts of our current public services you plan to retain, and what parts you are going to scrap or change to make the budgets fit. And you're going to have to have politicians at Hollyrood and Westminister who are allowed some leeway by central office to speak their mind instead of absolutely and robotically following the official party line. 

If there is ever going to be another referendum in Scotland you better be prepared because another campaign where it looks like the Nationalists are making it up on the hoof, or just shouting down their rivals will only strengthen the resolve of the 55% to ensure Scottish Independence never happens. 

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I think it's lovely how the SNP's opponents are just willing to give away this helpful advice free of charge.

I'm a generous soul. 

Like I've said plenty of times over I'm open to being persuaded, but I see nothing on the Nationalist side that makes me change my mind. I don't claim to be an expert but reading some of the nationalist opinion on the GERs Report just forments the picture that Jim McColl painted the other week about Scottish Government ministers struggling at Standard Grade Economics. I just had to read the first page of the report to know that it's not a Westminster document, and that instead it's drawn up by Hollyrood Statiticians and Economic experts who are also hired by the Scottish Government to give them economic advice. If the report was really as full of lies as many would have us believe, it would reflect badly on Hollyrood, Devolution and the Scottish Government - not Westminster who have nothing at all to do with it. 

Malky in some state here. Top notch concern trolling.

Malky, in the last seven years, UK policy has led to 130,000 needless deaths. I'm sure you'll agree that's heartbreaking and a scandal. Should Scotland stay wedded to the UK, what gives you the confidence that this will change course and indeed, not get worse in the coming years thanks to the looming catastrophic no deal brexit, leading to the tragic death of many more Scots. Do you think these deaths are a price worth paying to stay in the union? 

No one is saying that independence will solve this overnight but it's interesting to see that small European countries with a political outlook similar to the Scottish voting consensus haven't had a tragedy on this scale.

Please don't use your "Thank You For Smoking" style distraction techniques to try muddy this humanitarian disaster we've encountered under the UK government. Reassure me that if I vote no next time, people won't continue to die needlessly because of the ideological agenda of the UK government.

No doubt DomDom will arrive to tell me I'm a moron for engaging with Malky. Always fun to see that crushing bore do his forum police schtick.

15 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Malky in some state here. Top notch concern trolling.

Malky, in the last seven years, UK policy has led to 130,000 needless deaths. I'm sure you'll agree that's heartbreaking and a scandal. Should Scotland stay wedded to the UK, what gives you the confidence that this will change course and indeed, not get worse in the coming years thanks to the looming catastrophic no deal brexit, leading to the tragic death of many more Scots. Do you think these deaths are a price worth paying to stay in the union? 

No one is saying that independence will solve this overnight but it's interesting to see that small European countries with a political outlook similar to the Scottish voting consensus haven't had a tragedy on this scale.

Please don't use your "Thank You For Smoking" style distraction techniques to try muddy this humanitarian disaster we've encountered under the UK government. Reassure me that if I vote no next time, people won't continue to die needlessly because of the ideological agenda of the UK government.

No doubt DomDom will arrive to tell me I'm a moron for engaging with Malky. Always fun to see that crushing bore do his forum police schtick.

130,000 deaths? Where? 

19 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Ah leave him be. He's not got much else going on.

15 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

I've genuinely no idea what you are talking about. Did I miss news of a concentration camp somewhere? 

Fairly offensive. We know you are being disingenuous. Someone who makes references to what you do politically has in no way missed that story. 

Let's try another one. Do you believe the GERS figures are wholly accurate on Scottish defence spending? Again, it's a simple, straightforward question. Do you think an independent Scotland would commit over 5% of the budget to defence spending?

19 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Like the Photoshop effort, those defence spend numbers look completely wrong. A quick calc on the numbers in the table (5.27% and $3.3bn) gives a GDP for Scotland of $62.6billion which isn't close to being correct.

I think that's kinda the point being made. 

3 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Did you read the Fraser And Allander blog on the GERs Report that I linked to last night? It deals with this very succinctly. 

The reason oil revenues have been much lower in Scotland than in Norway is because of the tax deductible investment that these companies have put in to the oil fields since 2011. It's not a GERs Report / Westminster stitch up. It's factual - at least according to them. 

So who's making the money out of Scotlands oil and who's letting them do it?

Why is oil the other side of an imaginary line in the same sea generating so much money for Norway?

3 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

I think that's kinda the point being made. 

The numbers are being misrepresented though. Quick check (correct me if I'm wrong, please): Per GERS defence spend is £3.3billion, GDP is £180billion, so % of GDP is 1.8%. Whoever has done the calc hasn't used the correct figures for that table. 

[emoji23] Good old Fraser And Allander, the Hogmanay Show has never been the same without them.

This is what happens when people run complex software on inadequate hardware.