When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, AUFC90 said:

The UK government insisted from the outset it didn't want freedom of movement. It could have pursued a soft Brexit but wanted to appease a minority of racists.

Basically they thought they could keep the good bits and lose the bad bits and were roundly told to get to f**k.

If a no deal happens and a hard border is the result it will be down to racist c***s in England and morons such as yourself who makes excuses for them.

Here we go again. If ever a question is asked that Nationalists can't answer the best thing to do is resort to anti-English xenophobia and to abuse any Scot who voted against Scottish Independence. 

Is that debating strategy in some sort of Wings manual? 

Of course in Scotland we don't have any problems with racism. We're far too consumed in sectarianism and xenophobia to worry about that shit aren't we? 

As I said we could have had a Withdrawal Agreement that kept an open border with the ROI but the Scottish Nationalists kept on voting it down. This has been a strategic disaster for the nationalist cause - hasn't it? 

10 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

I disagree. The continued backstop issue over Ireland stimulates it's push towards reunification and the ultimate break up of the United Kingdom. Strategically sound from our First Minister tbh.

Eh? Is that the sound of a mask or a balaclava slipping? 

Its done nothing of the sort. Sturgeon had the Soft Brexit she said was best for all Scots in her hands. She rejected it. Now a hard Brexit looks inevitable and if Scotland ever won its Independence within Europe - which is a real contradiction in terms - Scotland would have to erect and man a border no one wants. The SNP aren't interested in whats best for Scotland only whats best for their careers. Its sad really

Sturgeon had the Soft Brexit she said was best for all Scots in her hands. She rejected it. Now a hard Brexit looks inevitable and if Scotland ever won its Independence within Europe - which is a real contradiction in terms - Scotland would have to erect and man a border no one wants. The SNP aren't interested in whats best for Scotland only whats best for their careers. Its sad really

Lies. Sturgeon has always said no Brexit is the best for Scotland.

Also there’s nothing contradictory between independence from the UK and an independent Scotland within the EU, it’s two entirely different scenarios.

4 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Also there’s nothing contradictory between independence from the UK and an independent Scotland within the EU, it’s two entirely different scenarios.

As usual he's factually wrong. It's the Labour party leadership who wanted a soft Brexit, Keir Starmer said they had nothing against the WA, just that they'd would never vote for a Tory Brexit.

I must've missed the bit where the SNP voting for the WA would have meant a soft Brexit.  How on earth can no custom union, no single market and no freedom of movement = a soft Brexit?  The Tory red lines mean there can't be a soft Brexit - it might well be a "softer" Brexit than a no deal departure but to say we've missed out on a soft Brexit because the SNP voted against the WA is ludicrous imo.

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

We're far too consumed in sectarianism

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Eh? Is that the sound of  a balaclava slipping? 

just so you know, I'm most likely not alone in skimming the surface of your posts as this type of trolling holes you well below the waterline. 

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Sturgeon has always called for remaining in a customs union.

On the 28th of March 2019 the House of Commons had a second round of indicative votes.  One of those votes was on a motion raised by Conservative MP Ken Clarke. The motion said the government must “ensure that any Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration negotiated with the EU must include, as a minimum, a commitment to negotiate a permanent and comprehensive UK-wide customs union with the EU”. Parliament voted 273 for, 276 against. The SNP abstained! 

With that vote Ian Blackford and his team of performing seals blew away the one opportunity to ensure Scotland remained in a customs union - a key demand of Sturgeon since the EU Referendum result. 

The SNP isn't interested in what is best for Scotland, they are only interested in how to get a second Independence Referendum. 

37 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

I must've missed the bit where the SNP voting for the WA would have meant a soft Brexit.  How on earth can no custom union, no single market and no freedom of movement = a soft Brexit?  The Tory red lines mean there can't be a soft Brexit - it might well be a "softer" Brexit than a no deal departure but to say we've missed out on a soft Brexit because the SNP voted against the WA is ludicrous imo.

Bollocks! 

5 minutes ago, sophia said:

just so you know, I'm most likely not alone in skimming the surface of your posts as this type of trolling holes you well below the waterline. 

Really. I guess you think I should have turned a blind eye to the Nationalist who claims that Irish reunification is a reason to back a Hard Brexit? 

You have made two contributions on this thread since I started posting here, and both of them have been clear attempts at trolling me. 

Well. Its annual laugh at GERs day.

I see this year with 8.9% of the UK population, Scotland is apportioned 53% of UK deficit.😂

Indeed if you add up the the combined deficit of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland it amounts to over 100% of total UK deficit 🤔😂

The books have been overcooked somewhat this year.

3 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

I see this year with 8.9% of the UK population, Scotland is apportioned 53% of UK deficit.😂

Indeed if you add up the the combined deficit of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland it amounts to over 100% of total UK deficit 🤔😂

The highest National Deficit in Europe and one of the largest in the Western World. 

As I've said it's up to the nationalists to present their plan to replace the services that the UK Government charge for in these GERS figures. So far there has been no alternative and no costings. 

3 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

The highest National Deficit in Europe and one of the largest in the Western World. 

As I've said it's up to the nationalists to present their plan to replace the services that the UK Government charge for in these GERS figures. So far there has been no alternative and no costings. 

🤣

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Eh? Is that the sound of a mask or a balaclava slipping? 

Its done nothing of the sort. Sturgeon had the Soft Brexit she said was best for all Scots in her hands. She rejected it. Now a hard Brexit looks inevitable and if Scotland ever won its Independence within Europe - which is a real contradiction in terms - Scotland would have to erect and man a border no one wants. The SNP aren't interested in whats best for Scotland only whats best for their careers. Its sad really

Scotland didn't vote for a "soft brexit" m8..... or Theresa Mays hard brexit deal. bQshDtu.png

Glad the SNP could help. 4U0m6pP.png

8 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

When added to the deficits they claim Wales and Northern Ireland have, it amounts to over 100% of the UK deficit.

Read that and let it sink in for a moment...... actually, give yourself a few additional moments.

22 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Do you really believe that? 

The fact that Scotland and Wales deficit combined exceeds that of the UK tells us all you need to know about the reliability of these figures.

Perhaps its time the good people of England took back control, the other nations of the UK are clearly the cause of their austerity.

I see this year with 8.9% of the UK population, Scotland is apportioned 53% of UK deficit.[emoji23]
Indeed if you add up the the combined deficit of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland it amounts to over 100% of total UK deficit [emoji848][emoji23]

Maybe somedy’s left the cooker on overnight one too many times?