When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

Can you all start ignoring this Malky zoomer & stop quoting him.

It takes a lot for me to stick someone on ignore but I hit it within reading 2 of his posts.

This

34 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Thats true. The difference between us is I'm prepared to debate it. You, like so many other Nationalists, prefer to name call as soon as someone doesn't agree with you. It's precisely the reason Scottish Independence will never happen. 55% of Scots are entrenched No voters and the 45% are so incapable of persuasion they are left hoping they out live the 55%. Its a sad situation but its one the SNP is desperate to precipitate. Dividing the nation and damaging our financial stability is so much easier than doing the best for the people you profer to represent 

Just a quick question here - I could probably find the answer if I trawled through some of your previous posts on other threads, but I can't be arsed.

I just want to know how you feel about Boris and his mates prepared to drag the UK out of the EU on a No Deal basis?

Would you not accept this will inflict untold damage to the whole country? Can you blame the Scots Govt for asking themselves if there might be some way of avoiding this carnage, and proceeding to pursue policies aimed at ensuring that nothing like this could ever happen again? Boris has no mandate in Scotland for his programme geared only to satisfy his own personal ambitions and precious little else.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Just a quick question here - I could probably find the answer if I trawled through some of your previous posts on other threads, but I can't be arsed.

I just want to know how you feel about Boris and his mates prepared to drag the UK out of the EU on a No Deal basis?

Would you not accept this will inflict untold damage to the whole country? Can you blame the Scots Govt for asking themselves if there might be some way of avoiding this carnage, and proceeding to pursue policies aimed at ensuring that nothing like this could ever happen again? Boris has no mandate in Scotland for his programme geared only to satisfy his own personal ambitions and precious little else.

SNPBAD 

8 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Back when I was at school we made up food parcels for the elderly and donated toys for orphans and for those in care. Food banks have simply been an extension of that. 

Leaving aside your desire to run a country on the Blue Peter method, if you only see things in a fiscal framework then your view of the world and country I wish to live in are very different. No austerity? Yet billions already found for the shitfest of Brexit. Choices have been made to where monies go and the choice of the UK government is not to alleviate hardship, cancel Universal Credit and show even a hint of compassion for those who have slipped through the net- and the many more who will slip through in the near future.

42 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

You could have read it several times on this thread. I voted Remain and I'm not a fan of Boris Johnson. 

15 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Leaving aside your desire to run a country on the Blue Peter method, if you only see things in a fiscal framework then your view of the world and country I wish to live in are very different. No austerity? Yet billions already found for the shitfest of Brexit. Choices have been made to where monies go and the choice of the UK government is not to alleviate hardship, cancel Universal Credit and show even a hint of compassion for those who have slipped through the net- and the many more who will slip through in the near future.

Have you looked up the definition of austerity? The UK Government has never cut public spending in my lifetime. 

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

Name Calling? What did I call you? I thought we were having a debate on the merits of Independence/ brexit and the impact, primarily, on Scotlands prosperity.

I disagree that the 55% no vote is "entrenched" and wouldn't describe the Yes campaign as simply waiting for a change in demographics. I've also heard nothing from the SNP, Greens or any of the wider Yes movement (you should note the distinction) which seeks to divide along generational lines. 

I'm not sure if your last sentence is an attack on the SNP or Westminster.... IMO the governance, particularly of Scotland, from Westminster is the single most damaging thing to Scotland's financial stability at this present time. I'm fairly sure you can find a wide range of expert opinion that backs that up.

I disagree. Brexit isn't as damaging as the uncertainty that has already dragged on too long in our economy. Once we have certainty one way or another business will adapt and the economy will recover. To that end I think the Indy Ref 2 attempt by the SNP has the potential to inflict the greatest harm of all on the people of Scotland. Even the Republic Of Ireland are screaming out that a hard border would f**k their economy. You should try listening to them. 

Edited by Malky3

6 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Have you looked up the definition of austerity? The UK Government has never cut public spending in my lifetime. 

Aye, I've never really liked the word anyway, so how about we use a phrase like "the removal of any safety- net"?

55 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Aye, I've never really liked the word anyway, so how about we use a phrase like "the removal of any safety- net"?

There's still a safety net for most people so far as I know. It's just it doesn't necessarily pay out as quickly as seems to be required so I don't think that would be correct either. 

I think most of us can cite examples where our public services are clearly wasting money - even today after many years of budgets being supposedly squeezed. If government departments - UK, Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish and local - were being run efficiently I'm sure we could afford proper austerity without having to take away the personal safety nets in place. for individuals. I'd be hugely supportive of that. 

We don't have poverty. Not in any real, rational sense. Anyone who has travelled at all knows that. The Joseph Rowntree figures on Poverty are calculated as having a household on less than 60% of the mean wage in the UK. Theoretically the only way we could eradicate poverty tomorrow is to pay everyone the same wage - even if it was £0.00 per week. 

Food banks are another anomaly. It's driven by public donation rather than by need. Always has been. Think about it. If you donated food to a foodbank and then discovered that they hadn't given it to anyone and it went to waste how would you feel? The fact that you've donated it means that they HAVE to give it out and the more we donate the more people they have to give food out to. If we all stopped donating to food banks then food banks wouldn't exist - do you think we'd be a better country for our selfishness? All through my life the UK population has attempted to generously look after those less fortunate then themselves. Back when I was at school we made up food parcels for the elderly and donated toys for orphans and for those in care. Food banks have simply been an extension of that. Personally I hope the UK continues to look after it's communities in the way we always have done. It's a healthy sign of a good country. 

And we really don't have austerity. We have tighter fiscal management. Austerity in reality would mean our government had cut spending. It has never done this in my lifetime. Spending year on year increases, often at a quite alarming rate. 

Sorry i’ve been at work all day and really wish id had a chance to reply to this sooner. Thank you for what is absolutely the zoomerest post i’ve ever read on this website.

Sorry i’ve been at work all day and really wish id had a chance to reply to this sooner. Thank you for what is absolutely the zoomerest post i’ve ever read on this website.
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt until the last paragraph.

The ideologically driven austerity of the Tories has been a feature of the last decade. It's slowly strangled our poorest communities.

Fair play to him, Oaksoft seems to have gathered a mass of bites on this new account. I’ve missed his furious satire.

More please; picking up popcorn on the way home!

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

You could have read it several times on this thread. I voted Remain and I'm not a fan of Boris Johnson. 

Ruth Davidson has never disguised her ambition to be FM of Scotland.

How would you feel if she achieved that - but within an independent Scotland?

Unlikely scenario I know, but wouldn't that be better than being ruled by Boris, or some equally obnoxious Eton educated arsehole.?

Fair play to him, Oaksoft seems to have gathered a mass of bites on this new account. I’ve missed his furious satire.

More please; picking up popcorn on the way home!
What prompted this chronic alias? Assuming I've missed him being humiliatingly owned somewhere else. Again.