When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

I don't agree with today's Bin Men and Dinner Ladies funding tomorrows bankers and doctors. To me that isn't common sense. I actually think that the English system, which is essentially a graduate tax makes far more sense. The Scottish system means that we have to educate other Europeans who will never contribute to the Scottish tax take for free. It's actually a crazy idea. 

There's also no such thing as free prescriptions. They all have to be paid for even if it is indirectly through taxation. The money that the SNP put into this scheme which granted free prescriptions to the middle and upper classes - those on benefits were enjoying not paying for their prescriptions long before the SNP came into office - has diverted funds out of patient care and our of the NHS. 

Neither of those moves were common sense. They were a shameless attempt to buy middle class votes. 

I can't argue with you regarding public sector redundancies cause I know nothing about them either North or South of the border.

I'd argue that successive UK Governments have also viewed immigration as a good thing. It's the respective electorates who aren't so enlightened and I can tell you now the population of Scotland is no more open armed to "settlers" then those of our counterparts across the rest of the UK. 

And violent crime should always be dealt with as a criminal problem. I know the SNP are soft on crime but I don't think even they would treat a mass murderer to private healthcare rather than a prison sentence. 

None of this has anything to do with Independence.

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
5 hours ago, Malky3 said:
The UK retained a veto and kept our own fiscal levers. This allowed us to escape the worst effects of the 2008 banking crisis in a way that Iceland and Ireland couldn't. We were even able to help bail out the Irish economy by borrowing cheaply and lending to Ireland at a profit. 

Iceland and Ireland are now doing better than the UK.

Rubbish!

Their economies, which tanked after the banking crisis, are now growing at a quicker rate but that doesn't mean they are doing better than the UK - which is still the worlds fifth richest economy. 

2 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

None of this has anything to do with Independence.

I'm responding to another poster. I know the Scottish Education system left you disadvantaged somewhat, but please try to keep up. 

1 minute ago, Malky3 said:

Rubbish!

Their economies, which tanked after the banking crisis, are now growing at a quicker rate but that doesn't mean they are doing better than the UK - which is still the worlds fifth richest economy. 

Have a quick peek at GDP per capita figures.

1 minute ago, Malky3 said:

I'm responding to another poster. I know the Scottish Education system left you disadvantaged somewhat, but please try to keep up. 

😂

Just now, Tibbermoresaint said:

Have a quick peek at GDP per capita figures.

😂

I did. I also looked at Unemployment figures. I don't think there is much about Ireland that I'd want Scotland to copy. 

Rubbish!
Iceland GDP per capita $67,500
Ireland GDP per capita $76,098
UK GDP per capita $44,177

You're living in the past.

Rubbish!
The average unemployed Irish resident is a little better off financially than millions of 'employed' British residents.

11 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I like how no voters here and Tories down south always trot out the line 'Scotland had it's chance and wanted to keep the Union'.  As if absolutely nothing has happened/changed in UK or European politics in the last half decade.

Utter fucking simpletons, and I can't stress that enough.  The logic of people requiring immediate lobotomies. 

Are you saying that people A, can change their mind and B, may have realised they were lied too?

With any luck, there won't need to be an "Indy Ref 2".

The English will see sense - yeah, I know: that'd be a first - get fed up with the whining and the "Waaaaah! I want! Not fair!" scheidt and tell Scotand to get tae f***, repatriating all Scots north of the border and building a wall. Then the English could repatriate all Scousers to Dublin, which would lessen the whining from that direction too!   

8 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Probably. He was doing ok for a while but has devolved into dribbling Yoon nonsense emoji23.png

I dunno, I think this guy might be posting from his HD ready house.

The UK retained a veto and kept our own fiscal levers. This allowed us to escape the worst effects of the 2008 banking crisis in a way that Iceland and Ireland couldn't. We were even able to help bail out the Irish economy by borrowing cheaply and lending to Ireland at a profit. 
We bailed out the bits that affected us. By your logic the UK is really shite as it had to have its banks bailed out by the Americans to the tune of hundreds of billions.