When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Come on Scotland. No more of these shit English politicians. Enough is enough. Join us in Aberdeen...

We have all had enough of these English charlatans ruling Scotland. Here in Aberdeen we have their little helpers in the shape of a shambolic minority Labour council. Their leader – Barney Crockett continues to fly the Union Jack from the Townhouse to show his undying support for this corruption of our democratic right. I would urge the good people of Scotland to join the All Under One Banner / Yes March here in Aberdeen on Saturday 17th August
starting at Albyn Place 1.30pm.

8 minutes ago, jimmer said:

Come on Scotland. No more of these shit English politicians. Enough is enough. Join us in Aberdeen...

We have all had enough of these English charlatans ruling Scotland. Here in Aberdeen we have their little helpers in the shape of a shambolic minority Labour council. Their leader – Barney Crockett continues to fly the Union Jack from the Townhouse to show his undying support for this corruption of our democratic right. I would urge the good people of Scotland to join the All Under One Banner / Yes March here in Aberdeen on Saturday 17th August

You mean this All Under One Banner? 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/indy-group-cash-row-founder-18788456

I wouldn't trust them to run a bath never mind a country! Imagine anyone at All Under One Banner accusing anyone else of corruption this week of all weeks. 

22 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

All waffle. Theresa said now's not the time. Boris says no now and forever. It will continually be no. They know they will lose so there will be no indyref2.

That's right folks....NO INDYREF2

So we are to be denied democracy.

Time to think.

Scotgov must seek clarification in the courts.

Are we a founding constituent or colony.

This must be settled legally.

Only then can we move forward.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11095210/Alex-Salmond-This-is-a-once-in-a-generation-opportunity-for-Scotland.html

https://isogg.org/wiki/How_long_is_a_generation%3F_Science_provides_an_answer

So the next Independence Referendum according to Alex Salmond - at the time of the 2014 referendum - should be in 2039. No sooner. To do so would be to ignore the outcome of the democratic vote in 2014 when Scotland voted No to Scottish Independence. 

Wee Sturgeon likes to tell us that Scots didn't vote for the Tories, for Brexit, or for Boris. Why does she also fail to mention that Scotlands also didn't vote for Independence?

Edited by Malky3

2 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Next year will be just fine.

1 hour ago, jimmer said:

I wasn't going to bother turning up for this. But now that I know they'll be some strong anti-english sentiments i'll be marching right up there with my tartan gear and saltire.

Cheers for the heads up m8.

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11095210/Alex-Salmond-This-is-a-once-in-a-generation-opportunity-for-Scotland.html

So the next Independence Referendum according to Alex Salmond - at the time of the 2014 referendum - should be in 2039. No sooner. To do so would be to ignore the outcome of the democratic vote in 2014 when Scotland voted No to Scottish Independence. 

Wee Sturgeon likes to tell us that Scots didn't vote for the Tories, for Brexit, or for Boris. Why does she also fail to mention that Scotlands also didn't vote for Independence?

A bit like the morons who voted for Brexit when are you gonnae collect the prize you claim to have won?

I see all these people who voted no to independence but none of them are actually shouting for what they were promised.

Is it ok to completely lie to the electorate and then just say "we had a vote"?

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

People change there mind.

Nations do too.

There is a clear democratic mandate for an independence referendum.

4 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

A bit like the morons who voted for Brexit when are you gonnae collect the prize you claim to have won?

I see all these people who voted no to independence but none of them are actually shouting for what they were promised.

Is it ok to completely lie to the electorate and then just say "we had a vote"?

I've been around for a fair wee while on this planet and one of the things I've learned that may perhaps surprise you is that ALL politicians lie. There hasn't been a single election whether regional or national that was won without a huge amount of bullshit being involved in the campaign. Anyone with any sense treats politicians and political parties with a huge amount of scepticism. 

My life is pretty good currently. My wife and I have good jobs; we're reasonably well paid; own a nice house; enjoy cheap interest rates on the small amount left on our mortgage; and all of our kids working in good gainful employment. I know things aren't perfect in the world but as far as I can things are as good as they have been in my lifetime for the majority of the country - in the world even! The principle I vote on is simple. I know what I have got with things as they are so unless change is going to bring clear benefits I'll vote for what we've got. 

I didn't believe claims that the oil price would soar to record levels to make us all rich as the SNP had claimed in their White Paper. I didn't believe their White Paper to be fully costed, and I couldn't believe that having been given a blank sheet of paper to change anything they want about the countries infrastructure and benefits system that they've spent most of my lifetime complaining about the best they could come up with is that everything would be the same, except we'll all be richer thanks to the oil. The case for change was not convincing, it felt like it was being sold by snake oil salesmen who couldn't be trusted (SNP) to gullible fools who were incapable of listening to both sides of an argument and who instead wanted to shout down any opposition at all. 

To that extent my "prize" and I suspect that for the majority of Scots who voted No in 2014 is that we have remained in the most successful political union in the history of the world. A political union that benefited a bankrupt post Darien Scotland and elevated our nation and our people to be amongst the richest, most respected and most powerful in the world. A political union that has continued to ensure fiscal and economic stability in Scotland in the five years since. I've been claiming my prize all my life and will continue to do so for at least "a generation". 

Brexit is a tragedy in my opinion but only the Scottish Nationalists could see the hassle the thought of a hard border in Ireland could cause and think "We'll have some of that" here! You'll not be surprised to hear I also voted to remain. 

Edited by Malky3

4 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

People change there mind.

Nations do too.

There is a clear democratic mandate for an independence referendum.

There is no democratic mandate for an independence referendum. In the last Scottish Election only 47.1% of those who voted put an "X" next to a party that supports Scottish Independence.

Edited by Malky3

12 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

There is no democratic mandate for an independence referendum. In the last Scottish Election only 47.1% of those who voted put an "X" next to a party that supports Scottish Independence.

Same as there is no democratic mandate for the Tories then? Who are running the shitshow with a lesser percentage of "X" at last election.

1 minute ago, dirty dingus said:

Same as there is no democratic mandate for the Tories then? Who are running the shitshow with a lesser percentage of "X" at last election.

Well yes! The Tories had to form a coalition with the DUP to form a government. 

46 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

My life is pretty good currently. My wife and I have good jobs; we're reasonably well paid; own a nice house; enjoy cheap interest rates on the small amount left on our mortgage; and all of our kids working in good gainful employment.

"I'm alright jack."

"Don't want to rock the boat."

"Those at the bottom should try harder and get real jobs."

18 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Yep, I'm that too. If it's not broken, don't fix it. 

Not broken for you personally.

But the biggest con the CONservatives ever pulled was convincing the middle class that they're part of the club. Just wait until you come crawling to the the door for help, only to find you never had a membership.

14 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:
"I'm alright jack."
"Don't want to rock the boat."
"Those at the bottom should try harder and get real jobs."

Like it or not, any new independence campaign has to win the argument with people like that and not disregard them as ‘shitebags’ or ‘yoons’ or whatever (ignoring malky’s greatest ever union pish).

Plenty people who live comfortable lives and for better or worse feel entitled to look after their own situation when they vote.

Edited by Dons_1988

You can add in Allan Sutherland and Jill Stephenson.   These letters are then shared on SiU, United against Scotland and other loon pages.   

This from Martin Redfern for example:  

66617057_1388186537996573_3233403783048331264_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102%26_nc_oc=AQkY-AnWLE2ZrwQ5OLP_EGaJC6D4_Q-DVCHhlj3nMRmWnob-YP8JWHjYy-HiNiDP4WlGHUw0VvraPd8g9PPy7UpN%26_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx%26oh=cc457fec04aebee5192c30ec3d7f4add%26oe=5D7AA621&key=70853590c5f237bfbde9679c29cbda5c2e0df549dd8709ead0bde9625ec30626

PS why did you change your name?   
Please do not forget Dr Gerald Edwards of Glasgow, Dennis Forbes Grattan of Aberdeen and the redoubtable Alexander McKay of Edinburgh.

The spooky thing about these people of the Kilt Right is that although their bile features regularly, it can only represent a fraction of their obsessive output. Fair play to their stamina, especially considering they all walk on their knees.

Unionist Twitter is full of mentalists too - some genuinely certifiable characters on there. My favourites are the ones who complain that the "nats" are obsessed with flags whilst having little union flags all over their display names/bios.