When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Based on the polls, I would agree but the numbers are not sufficient to swing the result and we all know how unreliable polls are. I said, prior to 2014, that whoever wins must hit 60% to stop future challenges. I still believe that.

Because the losers won't respect the result?

That is your opinion.
It's not mine.
We move on.
BTW, it might help you to recognise that the SNP are not the Yes campaign.
I am fully aware of that. But the Scottish Government will carry out the result of the referendum and are the ones asking for it. Making it highly unlikely they will be ripped apart by being filled with No advocates a la the current Tory predicament.

Gies a shout if you need it in crayon bro

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That is your opinion.

It's not mine.

We move on.

BTW, it might help you to recognise that the SNP are not the Yes campaign.

Outwith the Greens and the near nonentities in RISE, who is the Yes campaign other than the SNP? Hasn't the new Yes website been launched by the SNP?

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yes. There is a split about what currency to use.

Sturgeon has made strong claims about how bad a new currency would be if we push it at the start.

Now she has to persuade the rest of Scotland that a new currency early on is a good thing.

That is just one example.

The Yes side are split on all sorts of things.

There is no way this will be easy. Especially so if the vote is tight.

I'd expect the SNP to coalesce to a strategy that will have the best chance of bringing them success, ie. independence. They're not a bag of angry ferrets like the Tory Party. 

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You can bet that if Yes wins with 55%, No will not leave it at that.

And if such a great day did dawn, what do you think No might be able to do about it - apart from move south of the border?

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

And if such a great day did dawn, what do you think No might be able to do about it - apart from move south of the border?

This is the reality of the matter. The moment the Yes vote is confirmed No are entirely and permanently defeated. The more sensible of them know this.

Who was the Yes campaign for 2014 then because I remember tons of people trying to persuade No voters that a vote for independence was NOT a vote for the SNP? Was that a lie?
An election after a successful yes vote would no doubt happen.The SNP being the only party that can deliver a referendum is the reason many people are supporting them. After independence, then it's up to the participating parties to put forward a manifesto and their vision for an independent Scotland. So, in answer to your question,no it was not a lie.

Shouldn't the post-Yes vote currency not actually be a referendum in it's own right?  Instead of going forward with an SNP policy, put it to the people and let them decide the way forward.  Even using a PR system of options like keeping the pound in a currency union, pound with no union, go to the Euro, immediate new currency etc.  Then you'd even get a list of the preferences going forward that could be used as back-ups should the first not go to plan. 
No.

Brexit it has shown the majority of the electorate are economic illiterates.

Not something that should ever go to a referendum.

It should be a decision for our elected representatives.

Yes. There is a split about what currency to use.
Sturgeon has made strong claims about how bad a new currency would be if we push it at the start.
Now she has to persuade the rest of Scotland that a new currency early on is a good thing.
That is just one example.
The Yes side are split on all sorts of things.
There is no way this will be easy. Especially so if the vote is tight.
They aren't split on all sorts of things.

There isn't an ideological divide like there is with Brexit - pragmatism will win through in the end.

18 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

No.

Brexit it has shown the majority of the electorate are economic illiterates.

Not something that should ever go to a referendum.

It should be a decision for our elected representatives.

A lot of our elected representatives are too.

21 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Looks like we ae going to have 2 years of Rooth curing the sick and needy and performing miracles on the bbcjockoland then

She'll be in trouble if Head Office hear she's thinking of curing the sick and needy.

Yes has lost some voters to No.
What you think of that fact, or me personally, is utterly irrelevant.
I say this because you genuinely seem to be suffering from some seriously baffling delusion that your opinion matters to me. :huh: What is your game here? Are you genuinely kidding yourself on that I break down and cry when I see people like you posting abuse like this? Really? Away and be an irrelevance somewhere else. [emoji38]
Just stick me on ignore if you don't like my opinions.
Thanks for typing a reply to show us all just how much you don't care [emoji38]

Also, "lost some" isn't the same thing as "haemorraghing".