When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We vote to leave, we are not a member of the EU or UK. What happens with goods crossing the border with England. This may or may not happen but it is a possibility.
A vanishingly small one. The EU wants us and rUK will still want to trade with the EU. No matter what the ERG say.

Undoubtedly. It's in the interests of no-one that we aren't in the EU.

Agreed, although the benefits to the EU of a Scottish membership is less clear cut. Still, membership of the EU in the aftermath of an independence vote is not automatic.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Agreed, although the benefits to the EU of a Scottish membership is less clear cut. Still, membership of the EU in the aftermath of an independence vote is not automatic.

I hadn't realised that there wouldn't be a positive from EU membership or that the very high likelihood of membership, perhaps 99% likely, is not automatic.

That's me done with indyref2, this level of crippling doubt has totally scunnered me. 

Shouldn't the post-Yes vote currency not actually be a referendum in it's own right?  Instead of going forward with an SNP policy, put it to the people and let them decide the way forward.  Even using a PR system of options like keeping the pound in a currency union, pound with no union, go to the Euro, immediate new currency etc.  Then you'd even get a list of the preferences going forward that could be used as back-ups should the first not go to plan. 

Shouldn't the post-Yes vote currency not actually be a referendum in it's own right?  Instead of going forward with an SNP policy, put it to the people and let them decide the way forward.  Even using a PR system of options like keeping the pound in a currency union, pound with no union, go to the Euro, immediate new currency etc.  Then you'd even get a list of the preferences going forward that could be used as back-ups should the first not go to plan. 
Definitely not. This is one for the 'experts' to decide.

I'd be reluctant to agree to anything apart from a Scottish Currency tied to nothing so it can be used effectively and without restrictions.

16 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Definitely not. This is one for the 'experts' to decide.

I'd be reluctant to agree to anything apart from a Scottish Currency tied to nothing so it can be used effectively and without restrictions.

Absolutely on the first part, and absolutely not on the second. 

Slovakia had an incredibly smooth split from Czechoslovakia and created their own currency in months, while sticking to the shared currency in the meantime. That's the sensible route.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Slovakia had an incredibly smooth split from Czechoslovakia and created their own currency in months, while sticking to the shared currency in the meantime. That's the sensible route.

An interesting interpretation of events. But it's about as realistic as your view of the Spanish elections.

6 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

An interesting interpretation of events. But it's about as realistic as your view of the Spanish elections.

You give socratic questions and occasional monosyllabic answers, but never explain your views. What do you think about the Scottish currency question for instance? Or the Spanish elections come to that, but it's the wrong thread.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You give socratic questions and occasional monosyllabic answers, but never explain your views. What do you think about the Scottish currency question for instance? Or the Spanish elections come to that, but it's the wrong thread.

I can't get excited about the currency question. It's only a means of exchange after all. But I'd prefer one that's compatible with our EU membership so either our own or the Euro will be fine.

I don't have a view on the Spanish elections. I'm not a Spaniard.