When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Last night whilst talking to my dad he came out with “they’re deliberately trying to Make the UK Look bad.”

Perhaps the UK is incompetent and the SNP are doing the day job well.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Shitebags or not we need ~600,000 of them to change their minds...

Erm no - given the margin of votes was 400,000 you only need 200,000 people to change their minds. And demographics will already do much of the heavy lifting in the period between 2014 and 2021 as the baby boomer Britnats f**k off in droves.

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

Erm no - given the margin of votes was 400,000 you only need 200,000 people to change their minds. And demographics will already do much of the heavy lifting in the period between 2014 and 2021 as the baby boomer Britnats f**k off in droves.

Yeah, but who wants to try and get by with a 50% + 1 result now? There is certainly a minimum result possible but reasonably we would need a bigger margin to put it beyond challenge at the ballot box.

37 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Quite why Scots would want to continue to be governed by England and Northern Ireland is beyond me.

It's incredible isn't it. They actively want to be ruled by a queen and her parasite family and people like JRM and Boris. They also don't seem to have a problem with the DUP holding Scotland and the rest of the UK ransom.

Edited by Romeo

Just popping in to say that, as one of P&Bs non-Rangers Unionists from 2014, I'd say that, assuming Britain leaves the EU, there's about a 90% chance I'll vote Yes this time around. A close family member who was even more staunchly pro-UK back then also told me yesterday that he'd 'probably vote for independence if things stay as they are' too.

Given I was a pretty strong supporter of No in 2014 I'd imagine that there will be a lot more people like me. I'm struggling to think of a reason to stay in (aside from the 'oh but the last thing we need is more uncertainty after Brexit' line).

Am I one of the cool P&B kids now?

34 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Just popping in to say that, as one of P&Bs non-Rangers Unionists from 2014, I'd say that, assuming Britain leaves the EU, there's about a 90% chance I'll vote Yes this time around. A close family member who was even more staunchly pro-UK back then also told me yesterday that he'd 'probably vote for independence if things stay as they are' too.

Given I was a pretty strong supporter of No in 2014 I'd imagine that there will be a lot more people like me. I'm struggling to think of a reason to stay in (aside from the 'oh but the last thing we need is more uncertainty after Brexit' line).

Am I one of the cool P&B kids now?

What has changed for you?

54 minutes ago, renton said:

Yeah, but who wants to try and get by with a 50% + 1 result now? There is certainly a minimum result possible but reasonably we would need a bigger margin to put it beyond challenge at the ballot box.

The independence movement is hardly in a position to select how big a majority it wants. There will be calls for indyref3, no matter how big the majority in any case.

2 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

The independence movement is hardly in a position to select how big a majority it wants. There will be calls for indyref3, no matter how big the majority in any case.

It's not about "being in a position to select", it's about having a strategy that affords you the outcome you want, and a strategy for a 50%+1 is probably different from that of trying for a 60%+ outcome, for example.

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What has changed for you?

The biggest thing is how Scotland has been totally ignored by Westminster over Brexit. Theresa May is basically spending her time pandering to the lunatic/racist wing of her party, or the lunatic/racist party in Northern Ireland, whilst Jeremy Corbyn has shown absolutely zero interest in doing anything different to help us out - and that makes it a simple decision. Do I want to be part of a UK that is seemingly dominated by 'Little Englanders', sticks two fingers up to the rest of the world and is increasingly looking racist*, or part of a country that is proud to be outward looking, forward-thinking, inclusive and international? 

*For the avoidance of doubt here, I'm not saying that the UK is racist as a whole, nor am I saying that Scotland is the perfect nation with no issues around racism. However the Brexit vote appears to have allowed a worrying number of people (especially down south) to show their true colours, and it makes me very, very uncomfortable. 

15 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

And those calls will be immediately buried by the huge Yes landslide in the Holyrood election of May 2021. 

b1a5e29f-5ad6-4b4a-b24c-c11112db682b.thumb.jpg.7acd6bf2e6c949990fd4c367d944e61a.jpg

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

The biggest thing is how Scotland has been totally ignored by Westminster over Brexit. Theresa May is basically spending her time pandering to the lunatic/racist wing of her party, or the lunatic/racist party in Northern Ireland, whilst Jeremy Corbyn has shown absolutely zero interest in doing anything different to help us out - and that makes it a simple decision. Do I want to be part of a UK that is seemingly dominated by 'Little Englanders', sticks two fingers up to the rest of the world and is increasingly looking racist*, or part of a country that is proud to be outward looking, forward-thinking, inclusive and international? 

*For the avoidance of doubt here, I'm not saying that the UK is racist as a whole, nor am I saying that Scotland is the perfect nation with no issues around racism. However the Brexit vote appears to have allowed a worrying number of people (especially down south) to show their true colours, and it makes me very, very uncomfortable. 

Why did you vote No the last time?

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Why did you vote No the last time?

In short I thought that it was an unnecessary risk that would needlessly destabilise the country. That and the fact that, I think unlike a lot of people, I don't really have an emotional desire for Scotland to be independent (nor for it to be a member of the UK). 

Now it looks like a necessary risk to get away from an unstable shambles of a country.

It's incredible isn't it. They actively want to be ruled by a queen and her parasite family and people like JRM and Boris. They also don't seem to have a problem with the DUP holding Scotland and the rest of the UK ransom.
Maybe you can inform us of the SNP plan to break links with "the Queen and her parasite family" ?
The Nats are quite warm to the Queen and fear the repercussions of being seen as a Republican party. Never hear an anti Royal squeak in their rhetoric.

This.

The democracy deficit and the continued pandering to racist voters was for me the final straw.

Most people who voted Remain could have accepted a soft Brexit but the Scottish voice has been ignored at all stages.

Giving the failed statelet special treatment but not Scotland made it clear that Scotland doesn't matter to the Unionists.

We are anything but a Nation of Equals.