When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On the other hand I think it is also perfectly legitimate to argue that Scotland voted in 2014 to remain part of the UK and as a consequence of that they must abide by the result of any UK wide referendum, even if the end result does not reflect how people in Scotland voted. 

I hear this argument alot from people in the pro-uk/leave camp. If we must accept the UK wide referendum then why does Gibraltar and Northern Ireland get a special deal?

5 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Being out of the EU will most certainly be economically damaging but will we actually leave? if we don't will there still be indyref2 ?  I don't see much has changed from the FM'S statement today. her hands are tied until Westminster sort their shit out.

We will definitely leave, or many politicians in England will pay with their job, and some maybe with more than that.  If we don't there is no mandate for indyref2 so it wouldn't happen.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Trade with the EU will not cease after Brexit.

No but will be on less favourable terms for the UK than right now.  We have a choice of being in the club with the great deal or in the club with the shit deal.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

A Brexit potentially 3x as impactful as 2008 is not my idea of Ireland doing fine.

Mixu, you're a good poster and better than that. You need to understand Ireland's economy in 2008, It was sewn up in property. Ireland will be perfectly fine charting its own route.

Ireland is booming right now with businesses relocating from London to Dublin because of brexit.

Brexit damaging your economy doesn’t strike me as a good reason to remain in union with the people that caused it. We have to stay with them or they’ll punish us is no state of affairs to be in by choice.

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Brexit damaging your economy doesn’t strike me as a good reason to remain in union with the people that caused it. We have to stay with them or they’ll punish us is no state of affairs to be in by choice.

Amazingly, the UK nats’ best (only?) argument now seems to be, “you’d better live with the shit-stained mess we’ve created because governing yourselves would be even smellier”. How the mighty have fallen.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

The awful thing is that remains a powerful message to the people we need to change their vote.

It would help if pro-independence politicians publicly called out UK politicians for admitting that the UK is failing as a state whenever they even tacitly acknowledge that Brexit is a disaster (even if they only do it to disparage Scotland’s future viability). Similarly, those who still claim Brexit is a great opportunity need to be called out for denying Scotland the opportunities of freedom from political union.

Basically, the UK nats are currently leaving themselves wide open and independence supporters need to take advantage of their hypocrisy and double-think. 

Edited by Antlion