When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since 1990 the population of England has increased by 18%. In the same period the population of Scotland has increased by 6%. This causes completely different pressures on services and infrastructure. There is nowhere in Scotland that is comparable to the big urban centres in London, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool.

Merseyside’s population fell quite sharply through the ‘90s and hasn’t recovered yet

The pattern in Glasgow is similar but not so extreme

If your thesis held true we’d expect these places to be particularly peaceful and law abiding while places that are expanding like Edinburgh, Milton Keynes and Cambridge descended into crime ridden hell holes

I’m a “natural unionist”. Voted no in 2014, moved to England the following year, but born and raised in Scotland. Family on both sides of the border and would love nothing more than to see the emergence of an outward looking, forward thinking UK at the heart of European society.

Having said that, anyone in a similar train of thought to me who intends to vote no in indyref2, that’s akin to refusing to turn off the life support machine of a relative who’s been in a coma for a while and showing no signs of recovery.

If Scotland is to ever be independent I think the yes campaign needs a lot of votes from what I’ll call “pragmatic, gritted teeth yes voters”, people like myself who’d love nothing more than the UK to be in a better position and Scotland to be at the heart of it. If I lived in Scotland right now I’d vote yes and not even think twice about it.

Uh-huh. And?
And the rise in police officers was used as a cover to getting rid of a large number of police staff. So historically a copper would get someone in the typing pool to type stuff whilst they went back out and did frontline policing duties. However, now the frontline copper has to type their own stuff so they are indoors more not dealing with crime. The stats show another 1000 coppers though.

6 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
On 27/03/2019 at 15:09, Baxter Parp said:
Uh-huh. And?

And the rise in police officers was used as a cover to getting rid of a large number of police staff. So historically a copper would get someone in the typing pool to type stuff whilst they went back out and did frontline policing duties. However, now the frontline copper has to type their own stuff so they are indoors more not dealing with crime. The stats show another 1000 coppers though.

That's fine, with a 42% reduction in crime they'll need something to keep them busy.

Actually, the old method of having typists meant most younger cops who were computer literate were typing out their cases only to have to put them onto a tape for them to be re-typed. That you think cops just put someone in jail and left others to do the paperwork is misguided at best.

I’m a “natural unionist”. Voted no in 2014, moved to England the following year, but born and raised in Scotland. Family on both sides of the border and would love nothing more than to see the emergence of an outward looking, forward thinking UK at the heart of European society. 

Having said that, anyone in a similar train of thought to me who intends to vote no in indyref2, that’s akin to refusing to turn off the life support machine of a relative who’s been in a coma for a while and showing no signs of recovery.

If Scotland is to ever be independent I think the yes campaign needs a lot of votes from what I’ll call “pragmatic, gritted teeth yes voters”, people like myself who’d love nothing more than the UK to be in a better position and Scotland to be at the heart of it. If I lived in Scotland right now I’d vote yes and not even think twice about it.

It was the EU vote that shifted my vote as well. 

Gave up on any forward thinking UK in the EU at that point.

The UK is a cabal directed by right wing media barons and voted in by simpletons.

40 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I see that Scotland Is Now video has pissed off Cat Boyd, Paul Sweeney, Loki, David Jamieson, Shafi etc.

On this basis I can only assume it has been tremendously effective.

Yes, imagine a Scotland tourist video not pointing out all the bigots and junkies.

18 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Like you, I'm currently domiciled in England, with family on both sides of the border, but I'm prepared to give this undertaking :

As soon as a date for Indyref2 is announced I will make sure I am living in, and registered to vote in Scotland  on that date.

Assuming  a win for yes I'll be more than happy to make my move back to Scotland permanent and will look forward to consider myself, not just Scottish, but also a proud European.

Britain can go and f**k itself.

So why not move now?

On 3/31/2019 at 22:58, MixuFixit said:

I see that Scotland Is Now video has pissed off Cat Boyd, Paul Sweeney, Loki, David Jamieson, Shafi etc.

On this basis I can only assume it has been tremendously effective.

I quite like Jamieson and don't dislike Boyd or Sweeney as much as other people but I'm utterly baffled by what bothers them about a literal advert unless it's because they didn't highlight our underclass element with the "f**k off, Ally" masterpiece.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

I quite like Jamieson and don't dislike Boyd or Sweeney as much as other people but I'm utterly baffled by what bothers them about a literal advert unless it's because they didn't highlight our underclass element with the "f**k off, Ally" masterpiece.

I've built up the distinct impression over the last couple of years that a couple of those named just like arguing for the sake of arguing.

12 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

I've built up the distinct impression over the last couple of years that a couple of those named just like arguing for the sake of arguing.

Tbf I followed Jamieson after seeing him speak really well at a couple of events so I definitely think it's just being a contrarian for contrarian's sake a lot of the time.