When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

They wont let us go, they need our water... and our oil....

Our water will be as toxic as our oil to the YES campaign.

A long extension to this fucking omnishambles is the only window in which holding a second referendum would make sense: Scotland could be welcomed into the EU no bother as/when little England/Wales/TFS finally decide on how they're going to leave. Other than that happening I think Sturgeon would rather demand a referendum, have it rejected by May's government and then use that to win a truly thumping mandate in the next SP elections.

A manifesto calling for a vote for independence by Holyrood alone should be seriously considered the way things are going. I don't think she'll ever be bold enough to go for it though. 

2 more years is nothing. The uber-Nationalists will be fucking livid, though.

Anyone think Labour and the Tories might consider forming a coalition in 2021 just to solely stop another referendum? It’s about the only option the yoons have: it’s quite comfortably going to be another SNP government. Latest Westminster poll shows SNP on 44 seats as well. Simply lovely.

14 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Dead OAPs. Dead young people who can't access mental health services. Dead disabled people who are passed fit to work.

Great.

Calling it too soon risks killing the question off forever. I don't envy Sturgeon's position here.

It needs to be called now.    There's nothing to suggest the numbers will improve in 2021/2024/2027.      Indeed EU voters resident in Scotland will fall.  

People might not like another "divisive referendum" but that's irrelevant.    The number are enough for the 6% swing needed to win the vote and I say that as a Yes voter that was fairly certain No would win first time round.  

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Would a two year A50 extension rule out a referendum in this Scottish Parliament?

No, as it just doesn't rely on  Brexit for a mandate.  Get a campaign of sorts going and get the polls over 50% and we go again