When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A con indeed. On the day May shakes the money tree to provide money to areas of England, one section of The Vow stands out "we agree that the UK exists to ensure opportunity and security for all by sharing our resources equitably across all four nations..."
How much to Scotland? And remember the Vow was written by Cameron, Clegg and Brown and their aides.

The Government have said they’ll also provide funds to Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland but there are no details yet - harder to figure out where to bribe in Remain voting areas, I guess.

I don't think the 'vow' made any major difference to the eventual result. If you voted No, then you were probably always going to, regardless of any back of a fag packet nonsense on the front page of the Daily Record. If you actually did vote No purely on that shite, then you need your head examined.

It was never meant to be 'kept' either, I have my doubts any of them gave it a second glance after being passed across their desks by their spads. All 3 leaders were out on their arse within 2 years and their replacements were under no obligation to honour it. It was clearly just a PR stunt and an admission that the establishment had shat themselves in the face of a mostly grassroots Yes campaign that had massively shifted the polls.

49 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The first line was 

WE ARE AGREED THAT: The Scottish Parliament is permanent

You don't need to read any further. That wasn't true then and isn't true now. 

As the first line has not been delivered, the Vow has not been delivered QED

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The Daily Record brought The Vow to the Scottish People. If The Daily Record says that The Vow has been delivered, well, why would they lie?

Indeed. They are "Scotlands champion" after all.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

Indeed. They are "Scotlands champion" after all.

Quite right. Think of the reputation they have to uphold by creating such a defining and iconic aspect of modern Scottish political history. They'd look more than a bit foolish if it didn't come to pass, and when it is fully implemented I am sure we'll see agreement from across the political spectrum at its implementation and effectiveness. 

Speaking of which, I haven't read the thread since Lex Lex'd all over it, have we covered Jim Murphy trying to get a referendum in 2007? https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/pm-gordon-brown-rejected-bid-14078859

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Quite right. Think of the reputation they have to uphold by creating such a defining and iconic aspect of modern Scottish political history. They'd look more than a bit foolish if it didn't come to pass, and when it is fully implemented I am sure we'll see agreement from across the political spectrum at its implementation and effectiveness. 

Speaking of which, I haven't read the thread since Lex Lex'd all over it, have we covered Jim Murphy trying to get a referendum in 2007? https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/pm-gordon-brown-rejected-bid-14078859

Indeed....know thy enemy. In the current context it would be worrying if TM were to grant an article 30.

She won't. Good news in the medium/ long term.

9 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Wendy Alexander changed official Labour policy on a  referendum in 2008. It probably wouldn't have made a difference if it had been held on Labour's terms. Irrespective of the electoral success or otherwise of the SNP, there's probably nearly 40 per cent of the electorate that will always back independence. They will never go away just because they have lost a referendum.

5 hours ago, sparky88 said:

Wendy Alexander changed official Labour policy on a  referendum in 2008. It probably wouldn't have made a difference if it had been held on Labour's terms. Irrespective of the electoral success or otherwise of the SNP, there's probably nearly 40 per cent of the electorate that will always back independence. They will never go away just because they have lost a referendum.

That's a hell of a take on Wee Wendy. She said "Bring it on" and wasn't sanctioned by her paymasters in London to do so.  And even then she only said it as she was safe in the knowledge it would never pass a vote in Holyrood.

To say she changed "Official Labour Policy" is just a tad fanciful.

Edited by I'm Brian

14 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

The complete lack of opinion polls in the last 7 weeks.   There's been absolutely no polls conducted or the financiers of the polls have suppressed the findings? 

Richard Leonard assures us their is no appetite for a referendum.