When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Healthcare  professionals are hardworking people who do their best in tough circumstances. Any undue interference on this subject is coming from the govt 

OK, lets try and find out what the British Medical Association think about alcohol pricing then. I'm sure they have no interest in promoting healthy living or influencing government thinking on this subject

The BMA position

Wow, I'm shocked! The BMA think your cheap litre bottle of whisky in Carlisle should cost at least... [drumroll] ... £20.00

Colour me surprised.

7 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

The scenes on here if someone can find a bottle of whisky that is a fiver cheaper in Scotland than England.

I can do better than a fiver. 

Talisker 10 Year Old Malt Whisky 700 ml ABV 45.8%

Carlisle Tesco £44.00

Loch Fyne Whiskies, Inveraray, Argyll (my local whisky emporium in deepest, darkest teuchterland) £32.70

That's £11.30 cheaper in Scotland

Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 00.58.00.png

Screenshot 2019-02-22 at 00.55.20.png

Edited by lichtgilphead
gave the saving against the previous LFW price, not Tesco 'value'

5 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Carlisle Tesco £44.00

Loch Fyne Whiskies, Inveraray, Argyll (my local whisky emporium in deepest, darkest teuchterland) £32.70

Even more scenes if AyrExile is a Talisker drinker

12 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Would rather put my cash into a valuable service which helps patients than provide a boost to the profits of large grocery chains 

Here's an idea. If you're so adamant that prescriptions should be paid for, simply donate £9.00 to a medical charity every time you get a free one in Scotland. That way the NHS could benefit and you'll have had the satisfaction of putting your money where your mouth is. 

11 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

You think that they should be exempt from tax ?

Not at all but there is a fine line between raising extra money and chasing people away.. We should be looking to retain and attract high earning taxpayers. For those earning over 100k I’m not sure Scotland is such an attractive place to be  

9 hours ago, Billy Rubin said:

Then provide a large donation to Yorkhill or something.   I for one would give you a green reputation point.   

I already do make regular contributions to some healthcare charities. Not massive amounts but more than I would  use in prescriptions 

9 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

OK, lets try and find out what the British Medical Association think about alcohol pricing then. I'm sure they have no interest in promoting healthy living or influencing government thinking on this subject

The BMA position

Wow, I'm shocked! The BMA think your cheap litre bottle of whisky in Carlisle should cost at least... [drumroll] ... £20.00

Colour me surprised.

Wouldn’t expect to hear anything different. Should minimum pricing be introduced across the Uk then accordingly the BMA will raise the bar again with their comments. 

6 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Carlisle Tesco £44.00

That’s way out my price range and for special occasions only. I had better get saving up for big Eck’s court case 

Just now, AyrExile said:

That’s way out my price range and for special occasions only. I had better get saving up for big Eck’s court case 

Somehow I'm not surprised that you'll be sitting on your own, drinking shite whisky, reading with fascination about a sex case :lol:

5 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Somehow I'm not surprised that you'll be sitting on your own, drinking shite whisky, reading with fascination about a sex case :lol:

Talisker certainly ain’t a shite whisky. Will be fascinating to find out how the establishment have gone about setting up an innocent man 

4 hours ago, AyrExile said:
Talisker certainly ain’t a shite whisky. Will be fascinating to find out how the establishment have gone about setting up an innocent man 

Comprehension isn't your strong point then.

Edited by Cairn Terrier

11 hours ago, Cairn Terrier said:

Comprehension isn't your strong point then.

Well, look at the two posts below. He appears to believe that the BMA are part of the (Scottish) government, instead of being made up of dedicated healthcare professionals...

On 21/02/2019 at 19:13, AyrExile said:

Healthcare  professionals are hardworking people who do their best in tough circumstances. Any undue interference on this subject is coming from the govt 

13 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Wouldn’t expect to hear anything different. Should minimum pricing be introduced across the Uk then accordingly the BMA will raise the bar again with their comments.