When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

I think their ultimate goal was federalism but they’re utterly irrelevant.

It’s really not - although I imagine some of their voters and members still believe it is, and the party leadership occasionally make half-hearted federalist grunts in public when they remember to.

Would it be feasible to force a Holyrood election right now?  SNP seem to be well ahead in the polls at the moment.

Greens could vote against the budget and the SNP declare they cannot get a budget through parliament.

Then go to the elections on a Indyref2 ticket.

Too much of a gamble considering we already have a mandate or worth it to get a totally unambiguous, bigger pro-indy majority in parliament  ?  

8 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Would it be feasible to force a Holyrood election right now?  SNP seem to be well ahead in the polls at the moment.

Greens could vote against the budget and the SNP declare they cannot get a budget through parliament.

Then go to the elections on a Indyref2 ticket.

Too much of a gamble considering we already have a mandate or worth it to get a totally unambiguous, bigger pro-indy majority in parliament  ?  

Mandate is there and parliament approved it for Indy 2. Unionists tried to make 2017 westminister about saying no to Indy 2. Yes SNP lost a fair number of seats but unionist parties openly admitted they would not actively campaign against each other in seats where they though the vote would be split they wanted to cause maximum damage to SNP. After they claim it shows Scotland doesn't want another referendum but surely if that was main theme of that election and SNP won majority of seats then shows that they can claim the mandate very much remains. 

We still need to see how brexit unfolds whatever happens from where we are at now there is an opportunity for strong case for Indy2  but lets get to end of March I think more and more people will be fed up with situation UK is in and more open to it and vocal about it.

If and when Indy2 happens assuming it does before 2021 I actually think Sturgeon should not seek to be head of government when Scotland officially leaves UK but would be stable force in transition period until first elections. It would add to what she said at the weekend about the movement being bigger than 1 man or woman.  Would also show SNP would evolve after achievement of their current main goal. If vote is to remain she would stand down anyway. It takes away personalities and folk are voting against it because they don't like her or connections. Could also turn it on Ruth Davidson ask her does she not think she could be capable leader of Scotland and try and worm her way around that a bit til she is defending Teresa May or maybe Boris as ones to lead us forward. It needs to be pushed more that westminister can not offer much clarity and will of Scotland is being ignored.   

http://leave-it-in-the-ground.org/ Most people are happy that we aren't fracking. Is not wanting to drain every single drop of oil and gas out the North Sea for the sake of the planet really that ridiculous?

Yes. The people that believe that i.e the greens would happily throw our biggest economic asset down the pan for the sake of the planet even though Scotland leavings it's resources in the ground wouldn't make a dent in climate change with the likes of China and America kicking about. You don't genuinely believe that anyway, Mr Tragic, you just want a reply so there you go. I hope you're feeling all warm and fuzzy now.  

I didn't realise it was ridiculous to believe that the government shouldn't plough through every available fossil fuel source given we're like a decade away from irrevocably wrecking the climate. Shouldn't an independent Scotland try and be an example to the world?

She’ll call it.

May rejects it. Threaten to remove more powers from Holyrood.

UK leaves Brexit with no deal.

May loses a vote of no confidence in the government.

A “rainbow coalition” of the SNP, Labour & Lib Dem’s take over at Westminster. Scotland is allowed an independence referendum with Labour & Lib Dem MSP’s starting to favour this.

Just me overthinking it?

She’ll call it.

A “rainbow coalition” of the SNP, Labour & Lib Dem’s take over at Westminster. Scotland is allowed an independence referendum with Labour & Lib Dem MSP’s starting to favour this.

Just me overthinking it?
Surely with the big bad Tories gone and the rainbow alliance in power that in itself would potentialy weaken the strength of a YES vote. I always think despite their protestations that the Nats love a boo hiss Tory Govt as it adds to the grist of the grievance mill. That said I doubt Nicola has any intention of calling one soon when you get past the meek sabre rattling and open ended platitudes for the hardcore types.

18 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
53 minutes ago, mizfit said:
She’ll call it.

Just me overthinking it?

Surely with the big bad Tories gone and the rainbow alliance in power that in itself would potentialy weaken the strength of a YES vote. I always think despite their protestations that the Nats love a boo hiss Tory Govt as it adds to the grist of the grievance mill. That said I doubt Nicola has any intention of calling one soon when you get past the meek sabre rattling and open ended platitudes for the hardcore types.

The only problem I have with this is that the Scots Tories are more popular than SLab at present. Both in seats and in polling.